Posts by thebrushwithin

Yes, of course, but I am referring to using the compare feature within one slot. For instance, if you have settled on 7 of the 8 effects in slots, but you are trying to finish the remaining slot, and you wish to quickly, “a/b” check 2 different effects in the one slot , to see which one works best.

Also, it could be useful, as a “compare” button, when putting together a rig’s effects, where you can listen to two different effects, within a slot, quickly with the touch of a button, or click of a mouse in rig manager.

Well, for instance, when I started using the double tracker, which I do love, I had to give up a slot forgot what I was putting in that position because this seem to be more important but I had to choose..So that would eliminate having to make that choice during different parts of the song for instance. As far as the latency goes, it is pretty minimal when you’re choosing between two affects, even in browser mode, but of course the wizards at Kemper probably have an answer for any latency.:)

It would be very nice, since we now have the ability to change the KPA, on the fly, via IOS, to have dual effects, as an example, within each effect slot. More or less like in a buffer for each effect, that could have a one touch switch per effect, within the current rig. This would "increase" the number of effects for use in a rig, without using a second rig preset in Performance Mode. For example, slot A could have a compressor assigned, but also have the ability to have a different effect "in waiting" to substitute, such as a wah, or any other effect. This would give us the ability to either touch a soft button, and/or something like a "long press" on the floor unit, Stage or Remote, to engage the 2nd effect, as a replacement for the original preset. So, this would increase the possible effects within a rig to 16 instead of 8. Hope this makes sense.

Well, I find it best to have "go to" general performances, i.e. clean, crunch, lead, etc. that would suffice in most any situation, then if I settle into a situation, depending on whether or not I need something more specific for a given song, I can make more specialty patches. In my one man band performances, I never had a set list that I followed, as I would read the crowd, take requests, etc., and I had over 12 hours of backing tracks to choose from. Normally, I would have a set of favorites, that I gravitated to each gig, and I would basically memorize what I used successfully in the past.

This came from a Kemper moderator about W/D/W for the Stage:

MONITOR OUTPUT with Output Source "Stack" and the usual Kone settings.

MAIN OUTPUT with Output Source "DLY/REV Wet" to full-range cabinets.

HEADPHONE OUT to FOH, or S/PDIF OUT with Output Source "Master Stereo" or just mono via SEND 1 with Output Source "Master Mono".

My latest, and best, combo is a Boss SY1000 with one of the modeled guitars feeding the Kemper, via the sub out. Also, I can add 3 other instruments, usually guitars, with their own separate great sounding AIRD amps. It's a great combination, especially if you desire multiple amp and guitar sounds. Incredibly flexible routing.

MONITOR OUTPUT with Output Source "Stack" and the usual Kone settings.

MAIN OUTPUT with Output Source "DLY/REV Wet" to full-range cabinets.

HEADPHONE OUT to FOH, or S/PDIF OUT with Output Source "Master Stereo" or just mono via SEND 1 with Output Source "Master Mono".

Well, I have always been thrilled with my Kemper, and am amazed at how many wonderful free upgrades have been offered, over the years, as I bought my first one 8 yrs ago.

So, as I decided to have a second rig, with my newest Stage purchase, and I decided to use the Stage as my MIDI controller, for my Boss SY1000, which is an absolute killer combo, by the way. So I use two expression pedals into the Stage, and use both PC and CC changes to control my SY. Since I mostly use vol (cc#7) and wah (cc#1), these exp pedals are used in their natural inputs, to make things simpler. However, when on one patch, I decided to use wah to pitch settings, I could not get the pedal to control the pitch on my SY, as I kept trying to send CC#4 to the SY, but to no avail. Then I accidentally used CC#1 to control the SY pitch, and it worked!!!

So, my request, I believe, would be helpful to many, if implemented, for the CC# sent via MIDI to automatically change when wah to pitch is selected, which I erroneously assumed it would. So, if you select wah to pitch, the CC# output will also change from CC#1 to CC#4. It may not be a very crucial addition, but would be helpful when using the stage as a MIDI controller, as I spent a couple of hours troubleshooting, before I stumbled onto the solution. Thanks again for an incredible piece of ever evolving gear!!!

To set up the PC# for the SY, make sure the Midi send on the Kemper is the same as the midi receive channel on the SY.

You need to then press edit on the KPA, and then system to go to the soft button "Slot settings", where it will give you the option to use different program change #s to send to the SY.

In this video, beginning at 2:30, Midi program change is addressed.

At 4:00, midi program change assignment is addressed.

Hope this helps. The video tutorial is below.

Midi

which guitar synth are you using , and what features are you controlling with MIDI Designer

Using it with my GR30, of course it will work with anything midi. I prefer it over foot switch control, because every patch I use is on one page, and there is no tap dance to get to, let's say a program 3 banks away on a foot controller, which also takes up floor space, and the iPad is mounted on my mic stand. Using it solely for patch change, but the app also will send CC messages, and I do have a mute button setup as well as CC#7 for volume, which looks like a horizontal slider. Before I got my Stage, I had the screen split on an iPad with one side synth patch changes, and the other KPA patch changes. The iPad runs to a iConnectivity MIDI2+, but is not wireless.

Now that RM can be wireless from an iPad, an HXstomp size mini Kemper would make sense. If you are going to do away with buttons, then wireless touch is necessary, IMO. I use an iPad with Midi Designer app to control my guitar synth now. It does work with the KPA as well, but RM would be more complete, most likely, a lot less programming.

The next step now is a Kemper Kombo amp, that would be the creme de la creme!

Yes, I am expecting that as well, as it would give Remote sales an added boost, for new buyers, and what a package that would be !!!