Posts by ascl

Okay, have it all connected and it works exactly how I wanted it to... and sounds great too! Although, its very loud, which surprised me (smallest camplifier).

My Kabinet just arrived! However, I am a little unsure how to hook it up. I currently have an unpowered kemper + camplifier. I have the main outs going to be audio interface and studio monitors, so have the camplifier connected to monitor out. Will this work okay? Will I be able to have kone functionality enabled for the monitor out but not the main outs? I wont be able to play around with this for a while yet, but it isn't super clear to me how to set this thing up.

EDIT: So.... I just RTFM. Looks like the above should work just fine.

Wow I didn't know this was a thing (yes I should hang out in these forums more, but honestly, that is one thing I like about the kemper, it does it's thing and I don't have to care about updates or what is going on). I have been thinking about getting a powered cab for my kemper! :D

The Kemper has given me many more hours of playing time. Why? because you just play it and dont wonder if it sounds real or not. Its that good that you think youre plugged into your amp. And I own many amps and have use Line 6 and others, which lacked in the areas of authentic sound, feel etc.

When you switch on the Kemper more than your tube amps, you know you're onto a good thing-and thats the Kemper.

This is definitely the camp I'm in. Even with my tube amp, I couldn't help but be searching for something to make the tone perfect. With my kemper, I spent some time trying different profiles, found half a dozen I really like... and haven't bothered tweaking or trying new profiles in months. I just love the sound I get out of it.

Any time I go away, the first hour when I come back is spent thinking how amazing it sounds (that goes away after a short while, but I am never thinking, if only it was a little more X I'd be happy).

Seymour Duncan SH-5 (PRS SE Singlecut)
    EMG actives (ESP MII & LTD MH1000)
    PRS HFS treble/Vintage Bass (PRS Custom 24)
    Seth Lovers (Navigator)
    BKP Warpig (Ibanez prestige S model)
    BKP Nailbomb (ESP Potbelly Original)

So, all Humbuckers, and mostly fairly high output.

I was worried about having this problem before I got my kemper... but the truth is, I have found half a dozen profiles I really like (some commercial, TAF as mentioned above for eg, some free), and barely mess with it now. I don't use *any* of the factory profiles, and, like others, have unloaded most of them.

Definitely try some of the profiles from the rig exchange or from commercial vendors. Once you find a few you like, you will not give up the kemper! FWIW Once I find a profile I like I do not tweak it at all. I literally scroll through rig manager and find some I like and import them.. and that is it.

I've read of a few people using an OD in front of the KPA, and saying the built in ones aren't as good -- I've just ordered the Seymour Duncan 805 overdrive for exactly this purpose... but it isn't here yet, so I can't give you anything better than that!

1. The stock profiles are okay, but there are (IMHO) much better profiles available for download, many of them for free from the rig exchange. FWIW I haven't ever profiled an amp, and I still think the KPA was the best gear purchase I have ever made. You can definitely find great profiles on the rig exchange (and it is probably worth buying some of the commercial packs as well, depending on exactly what you are looking for).

2/3. Can't answer, I'm a bedroom warrior with un-powered KPA :)

Hope that helps a little (1/3 better than nothing!).

I have both Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 and one of their USB interfaces. I got the 14 cause I wanted SPDIF which the USB one didn't have (I think? I don't really remember). I am on PC and have had good experiences with both USB and FW focusrite devices. Their drivers seem reasonable. Actually I had more issues with the FW device than USB (at least until I updated the firmware on it).

Welcome to the club!

I also went from Pod HD to KPA, and, IMO, it totally kills it -- perhaps not in pure potential, but because I hated tweaking the Pod. It totally slays an un-tweaked Pod!

Check here for some dual rect profiles:
    Dual Rectifier rackmount and Mako Mak2 + G12K100, all of my profiles here

Of course, wading through the profiles in the exchange can be time consuming... but worth while, there are some gems there. Make sure you grab the Lasse Lammert Signature Rig Pack from the download section too, it has some great profiles.,

I think the problem is less the number of profiles and more the amount (lack) of metadata about the profiles, and the less than ideal rig exchange interface. You don't hear people saying "there are too many web pages on the internet, we should have less"... cause we have good search engines available.

Basically, we should have better "crowd sourced" rankings, so the unpopular profiles aren't so prominent. I am hoping that if/when we get some library/editor software, it has the ability to send information back to the rig exchange. It's probably anti-privacy, but imagine if the kemper counted how many times you used each rig and (optionally) uploaded this info... then'd we'd know exactly which rigs were popular.