Posts by CaptainSqueaky

My spontaneous reaction is that most rigs sounds very good out of the box. A few (mostly JCM type Marshalls) sounds
    awesome and a few I could do without. I also had a bunch of PODs, a VOX ToneLab and a couple of ZOOMs that I grew out of
    many years aog. Before the KPA came to my house I used the Studio Devil Amp Modeler Pro which in my view was the best
    ampsim I ever had. Ths Studio Devil AMP is a VST software plugin that also comes with a standalone interface. Just for fun I
    A/B test similar settings on both the SD AMP and the KPA. The KPA always comes out on top.

One of the real qualities of the KPA is the definition and clearity in the low frequency range. Hitting the lower strings in a high
    gain setting almost always gives a blurry, muddy and undefined tone with no punch when I use traditional modelers. The KPA
    reproduces these ranges elegantly with the punch retained. It gave me quite a surprise.

Hi again, I feel younger already ^^
    I'm definitely going to feel at home here.

@DocLine6forum: Yes, squeaky is synonymous (roughly) to "gnissel". It's the unpleasant sound of an
    old, dry worn hinge or similar, like me when I'm trying to do some shredding :D :P. My fellow bandcolleague
    coined me that name a long time ago and its been like that ever since.

Btw, I'm looking for a rockabilly kind of amp/rig/sound as I'm doing a guitar overdub for a songwriting friend.
    N00b quiestion - Is there a section on the forum where I can search for specifics ?
    Thanks again!

Thank you all for a very warm welcome (tack alla) !
    I had no idea I was but of average age. Great to be among peers in more than one way!
    Nice to be greeted i swedish - there seems to be fair number of us here. I'm quite active on
    a swedish guitar forum: www.gitarrforum.com and goes under the nickname of Kapten Gnissel.
    This is going to be fun :thumbup:

Greetings Kemperists!
    Just got here.
    My name is Thom and I'm from Sweden. I guess that I'm older than most of you out there as I just turned 51.
    I have had my rack-KPA for about one week now and I still feel like a kid in a candy store *LOL* :D .
    I've been playing for more than 35 years but I'm not a shredder in any way - more like a "slowhand" that
    occasionally tries to pull of licks that is more than a match for me :wacko:. I have been playing in various hobby bands
    since the mid eighties. I have somewhere between 11 and 15 guitars (4 of them are in various states of usability ^^ )
    mostly humbucker models but also have BaCH LP P90, a homebuilt strat and a Yamaha Pacifica Tele to use for those
    moments that a single coil is needed.
    As I'm an electronics engineer I do a bit of tinkering on the side. Building and modding tube amps are a passion
    of mine and I have been doing it for more than three years. Then I stubled upon this Kemper thingy.... 8o
    This is the first time I have been really impressed by an "AMP sim" (lack of better word, sorry) and I have to say that
    the Kemper PA turns a lot of old truths upside-down. However, I like the best of both worlds and I think I'll still use my
    tube amps and will continue to tinker with them but the KPA is hard to beat in a studio setting.
    Maybe when I'm getting a bit more aquainted with my new wiz-box I'll profile two of my concept amps for you to
    all to play with if you wish. This is the truly amazing side of this KPA-wonder, to share your amp with others for
    free use. I think I'm in for some sleepless nights to come...
    See you around! /Thom