Posts by LasseLammert

I don't understand why advertising something that the user cannot use, for example, Advanced Tracing Technology.

Just like with TH-U.

well, there are guitar companies that advertise plek adjusted fretboards and precisely CNC’d neck pockets....they still don’t give you a plek-, the CNC machine and all the templates so you can do it yourself, do they?

Of course not, they’re selling guitars, and they’re advertising what’s making their guitars better than the competitors’...still they only sell the product and not the machines to make the product

Can ToneHub replace my Kemper or Axe Fx? : Simply put, yes!

Me: Hell no! No ampsim comes close enough no matter how much anyone claim that. They all have that ampsim kind of sound no matter who made the ampsim. If that was the true, no one would buy anything like a kemper or axe fx, would they? I'm so tired of all marketing bs. X/

That’s a bit of a bold (useless?) statement without having tried it, isn’t it?

I love the kemper (obviously), always have and always will.

But you are aware that it’s still just a dedicated computer running software/an ampsim, aye?

A KPA is not an analog amp or anything, it literally is a hardware device/computer to run one piece of software/ampsim on.

Granted, it’s a great one and the software sounds great!

But assuming that “software will never sound as good as a kemper” is a bit of a weird statement since what makes the kemper sound that good isn’t really anything different than the software it’s running...why shouldn’t another piece of software be able to get equally good or even better results?

to me the tonehub does just just (I might be biased, but that’s my honest opinion).

Does that make me like my kemper less? He’ll no, it’s a great piece of kit!

but I also have more than just one guitar or amp in my studio, different tools for similar but different jobs.

I have recently had the chance to work on the latest, and unfortunately also the final album of one of my metal heroes. All of Warrel’s previous releases were soaked in some of the best guitar tones I had heard, so I set out to create a tone that’s worthy of his legacy. This tone is creamy and smooth, but at the same time extremely tight to work with fast, low palm muted playing, as well as with melodic single note lines. It is big, bold, and heavy, but at the same time work’s really well in a mix, check it out below if you don’t believe me!

https://www.stltones.com/colle…rts-secret-kemper-profile

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

yup...it's been 8 years and a lot of firmware revisions since my last (much smaller) pac.
    Despite the demand I've been reluctant to do another pack.....
    Well, no more....here's a massive pack with 85 profiles, including high gain rhythm, lead, crunch, clean and bass tones fpr various styles

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I was referring to the profiles that were recently uploaded under your name on RE that Ash was referring to, not the VH4 profiles on eBay. The ones on RE just weren't my thing. That being said, I have a couple still on my KPA from your rig pack that I quite like.

wow, that's beyond interesting since I didn't upload nor authorise those.
    yeah, those are indeed not the best profiles ever, they're also rather old and were created for a very specific use, I'm not surprised they don't work for you.

He did and I tried them right away. Probably set up for a very specific tuning & guitar because they were beyond unusable in my case.

Very odd...
    I've just checked all orders on my shop's page, and I can't seem to find you in the buyers list...
    That's very odd indeed, since I want my customers to be happy and have gotten great feedback from all of them but you...but I just can't find your payment here.
    please let me know when you bought it and what PayPal addy you used so I can help you.

LL

He did and I tried them right away. Probably set up for a very specific tuning & guitar because they were beyond unusable in my case.

well, you’re the first and only person that didn’t think they’re awesome for anything Modern Metal. But I want 100% the buyers to be satisfied, so please let me know what PayPal addy you used for the payment and I’ll look into making you happy as well.
    LL

P.S. those are not VH4 profiles, nor do they aim to fulfil the same sound/purpose as the VH4 profile, so probably not the best suited thread for them

It was my daughter's 3rd birthday last week, so I decided to upload a freebie for you...
    Here's a direct profile of the VH4's 3rd channel with "Adam Jones' settings.
    This is a direct profile, so you'll need a cab, but with the proper cab/miking it'll get you ridiculously close to that Tool sound.
    bear in mind that a profile is just a snapshot of an amp with particular settings...a profile never replaces the actual amp (you still need to buy all the amps out there, look at me!)...
    But if you have a Kemper Amp and like Adam Jones' sound, this one is for you.
    Enjoy..

I'd love to see some yt videos of you playing tool songs with this profile!

http://www.lasselammert.com/sonstiges/LL-VH4ToolDirect.zip

Stay mental

edit by mod:
    *removed ad*

Böse Zungen behaupten der Kemper könne zwar High Gain, aber nicht
    wirklich Crunch...oder er reagiert nicht akurat auf's herunterdrehen
    des Volume Potis, oder auf Overdrive Pedale etc...
    Nun...Schaumama [Blocked Image: https://www.musiker-board.de/styles/default/images/smilies/wink.gif]

I believe you had a legitimate opinion that you wanted to express; the fact that you coughed up good money only serves to further legitimise your right to do so... IMHO.

Well, if I got it right you have been offered a partial refund by @LasseLammert in that other Thread, which I think is a class act.
    So go ahead, nothing wrong with your personal opininon at all, perhaps voiced in a too harsh way.

Of course that offer still stands, I never had an unhappy customer so far (at least none that I know of ;) ).
    If you're not happy with your purchase, feel free to contact me and we'll work things out.

But here's the catch: you have to actually own/have bought the profile! These profiles are personalised and tied to the buyers' name/paypal addy, so it's fairly easy for me to see who actually owns the profile and who's just......well....you get my drift

Assholes are born of this. I have A-B'ed the $50 profile to a couple cheap ones and not much to write home about.

Thanks for your review, sorry to hear you're not 100% happy with your purchase.
    Please let me know which paypal address you used to buy the profile and I'll gladly send you a partial refund....I want my customers to be happy, and so far I got only raving feedback. But yeah, as I said, if you're not happy I'll refund you, just let me know your paypal addy

cheers

L