Posts by LasseLammert

Everyone keeps asking me for a profile of this beast, so here you go...

This is a direct profile of the fourth channel of the Diezel VH4.

A profile does of course not replace the amp, it's merely a snapshot of the amp with these particular settings etc.

A huge part of the overall sound is also the cab and especially the miking (in this case a Mesa Rectifier 4x12, miked with an sm57).

So what you're really paying for is not a profile that replaces the amp, but miking and profiling skills of whoever created the profile...in this case me.

So if you like my taste in high gain tones and the way I set up amps and mic cabs, this one could be for you....

Here's a clip to check it out with several different guitars and tunings to show you that the profile will work for your guitar and your playing as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=LDCla6rbVdU

I'm aware that some people are selling bundles with lots of profiles for less than what I'm charging for this single profile...but I couldn't care less....mine's better ;)

So if you like this sound and wanna have it for your live gig or recording, this would be a way to get it...for much less than what you'd usually pay for reamping or a studio recording.

If you don't like it or think it's too expensive: you're welcome to just use this video as a reference clip of what the 4th channel of the VH4 sounds like through a Mesa cab...But if you go out of your way just to comment and complain about the price or sound I'll think you're a pathetic little twat with no life...and I'm still not gonna lose any sleep over it ;)

love you all :*

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152107531019

EDIT: since I don't expect anyone to read to the second page before they start whining, I decided to post some info about the pricing here as well:

k, here's some little info about pricing and why I'll never sell a profile for less than 50 (well, except for all the free ones I shared, lol).

As some of you might know my day job is being a music producer.
    Making records is not cheap, so bands (especially bands that don't have financial support from a label etc) are more and more looking to cut down on costs, which is totally understandable.
    One way to save some money but still get close to the professionally recorded guitar sound for your album is REAMPING, that means you record the guitar DI tracks at home or in a cheaper project studio and then have the engineer whom's guitar tones you like and want on your album reamp those DIs.
    Depending on how well known the engineer and how saught after his guitar tones are the price for such a reamping job ranges from about 200 to let's say about 500 (might be more) for just the rhythm guitars of one album.
    Now that is indeed rather cheap if it saves you about 3-5 full days in a studio to track your guitars with the engineer. It's also a fair pice considering that it's almost a full day of work and requires a lot of gear, well tuned rooms and some experience and knowledge (look up what a full day in a well equipped studio WITH a good engineer/poducer would usually cost!).
    So I think we have now established that let's say 300 is not too expensive for such an album reamping job (if you disagree with that, there's really no point in any further argument).

Now lets say the same client asks for a custom profile (I'm now talking about a true custom tailored one, using the DIs of the client etc), creating such a profile not only takes the same (or more!) amount of time, gear, rooms, knowledge, experience, that custom made profile also replaces not only that 300€ reamping job, but also potential future reamping jobs from the same client (if you want the same guitar sound on your next album). So considering all that it should be pretty obvious that such a true custom profile could never cost less than the reamping job it replaces.

Fair enough, this profile is not a true one-off custom tailored profile, but it still might cost me a couple of potential reamping jobs...and viewed from the other side: if this happens to be THE sound someone really wants on their album it might actually save them a lot of money. if 50 bucks is too pricey for you to have your favourite guitar sound on your album, you shouldn't record music in the first place.
    I don't say this is the perfcet sound for everyone, that would be beyond arrogant, but if it's not worth 50 bucks to you, you just don't buy it and look elsewhere.

There's actually one (not so) fun fact you maybe didn't consider...
    I'm being contacted about reampings on a rather regular basis (like I said, it's part of my job)...it's actually happening more and more now that I later hear from the client (or read on a forum) that some kid tries to undercut my price offering MY sounds... literally even saying that and mentioning my name in the process "Oh, Lasse charged you 300 for the album reamping? I'll do it for 150 instead, you'll still get Lasse's sound, cause I'm using his profiles to reamp your guitars" ... now THAT sounds like a bad joke, right?..sadly it isn't!
    So here I am spending tens of thousands for gear and rooms, perfecting the process of both miking and profiling and some kids actively contact my clients offering them to do it cheaper while still using my sounds (from their mom's basement).
    The guitar sound of an engineer is like his finger print, you'll always recognize an Andy Sneap, a Mark Lewis, a Colin Richardson etc.
    None of those guys would EVER share their profiles with you or anyone else...for a very good reason (cause it's NOT just a 57 in front of a Mesa cab, it's not that simple, else we'd all sound the same).
    I myself have been offered as much as 2000€ for a SINGLE profile from albums I produced (an offer that I of course refused, cause I am neither selling profiles of bands I'm working with, nor would I be re-using the same sound for another band)...but it maybe shows you that people are definitely willing to pay a lot of money to get THAT tone they're after...which is no surprise, really, you just have to have a look at how much people are paying for amps, cabs, guitars, pickups etc throughout their live, chasing THAT TONE.

With all that in mind it should be pretty clear why I will never sell my profiles for the amount of $ YOU think is fair. It should also be pretty clear that 50$ is indeed not expensive at all for what you potentially get.
    Either way you should now understand why at least I think so and why I'm not willing to discuss my princing policy any further.
    If this (or any other of my profiles) is not what you're looking for, I'd strongly advise you to not buy anyway, cause I want everyone who's using anything with my name on it to be happy.
    But if this IS exactly the tone you want on your record or you wanna play with and you think 50$ is too expensive to achieve your tone, you should maybe consider another hobby.
    Either way, the bottom line is: I have my reasons for the number I put on things, if you think it's not worth that much, just don't buy it...move on and stop wasting everyone's time.

But yeah..I don't think I really have to justify why I'm doing things the way I'm doing them...still, you now have your explaination, I seriously hope you'll be able to get some sleep now

Love

L

P.S. Additonal note:
    Not that anyone cares, but I actually bought and own these amps and cabs with actual money...I'm not just ordering them from Thomann/MF, profile them and then send them back to make a quick buck (which IMO is the lowest of the low anyway....unfortunately it seems to be common practice among some profile vendors here..sad)

Check out this video.

hint: readin the description of yt videos usually pays off

;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey everyone...
    I feel like I gotta pull the emergency brake here...
    CKemper is of course absolutely right that I do have contact emails and that I should have contacted someone from the support team about this issue!
    I do not at all feel offended about the fact that he mentioned that in this thread, he's 100% right about that.
    Especially since in my case it happened before that I had a (back then smaller) issue with a firmware and when I contacted the team directly as well as post here, we could sort stuff out.
    back then I was asked to not only post in the forum but also talk to the support about such issues, which is of course fair enough.
    I should have done that too in this case...what happened here was just that I was hoping for A) a quick fix (thought maybe someone else knows what's going on)and B) give a heads up to be careful when connecting a speaker to the 3.0 PowerRack.
    I also planned to contact "my guys" directly as well, unfortunately I had some health issues come up (unexpected surgery etc) that kept me from doing so.
    My intention was NOT to start a thread blaming Kemper or their customer service, not at all...I just wanted to warn and was looking for quick help after business hours...the fact that I hadn't contacted the company or supplied further details (even here) was just due to me being in surgery.

So please if you read CKempers reply as offensive or condescending, I'm 100% sure it wasn't meant that way, I've met all the guys in person and they're wonderful to deal with, he just reminded me that I should talk to the customer support as well if I have a problem..... which is of course correct.

Keep in mind that after all we're German, and when we say or write something it often reads more aggressive to others than it was intended...I experience that all the time, that's why people think I'm a dick;)

Hey,
    I've been playing around with the latest firmware for a bit...so far the capturing of the direct amp profiles didn't really work well for me, the full studio profile sounded much closer to the real deal.
    but that's not really my problem, my problem is actually of a much more severe nature, since I fear it could potentially harm your cab (I haven't checked my Mesa 4x12 yet but really hope it survived)....
    I'm using the speaker out on my powerrack to drive the 4x12 (like I always did) and "regular" playing sounds great (like it always did)....but when I played a low palm mute and let it ring for a second there was a HUGE volume buildup, totally overdriving and heavily distorting the speaker and everything else later in the chain (mic, preamp etc).
    and I don't mean a slight "oh, that's overdriven, let's lower the volume" kinda distortion, but a full on "everything is farting and sounding like a square wave synth, I hope the speakers in the cab didn't die" - kinda distortion.
    it doens't occur on chords or single note lines but only on very bass heavy material (palm mute on down tuned guitar).

Has anyone else experienced that problem yet?

EDIT: here's a sound clip so you know what I'm talking about (this is not a direct recording (which sounds fine), but the miked cab)

http://www.lasselammert.com/sonstiges/KPAfw3.wav

I still don't understand this - you all bought a device which can do a copy of an amp sound.
    Someone of you want to sell an amp sound but the amp is registered trademark. So you first copying someones work and you try to resell this behind a mic and other stuff setup? Double morality i think:D Or even triple if you think that you buy a kemper becouse you dont have to pay to this all amp producers for their hard work.
    I have an amp - i've buy it and i dont want to sell something that not belongs to me. I want a share with you how is my amp sounds:)

well, truth is you don't really profile the sound of the amp, but the entire chain.
    And the cab and ESPECIALLY the miking makes the biggest difference (just compare all the for example Rectifier profiles on RX, they all sound VERY different although it's the same amp), so what you're really profiling is engineering skills, or to be more specific the skills to set up and mic an amp.
    THAT creates a very unique sound that noone else can easily reproduce and it makes total sense to protect that.

Most of us are not using more than 2-4 rigs for a gig (at least the guys playing the heavier end of the spectrum;)), but often the monitor situation on stage is so bad that it's hard to tell if the correct profile is active.
    So in order to avoid accidentally finding myself playing the rhythm parts on the solo patch etc, I keep checking the name of the rig to make sure I'm on the correct one for the part.
    That of course can sometimes be problematic (reading the name on a display I mean, especially if the stage is larger), so what I always thought would be fantastic is the option to assign a colour to a rig, that way a brief look across the stage would be enough to confirm that you've got the correct rig active..."ah, red, that's solo..switch...blue, rhythm, perfect".

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love this feature?