Posts by bishop86

I have a very nice Mesa Boogie studio preamp which unfortunately I need to sell! I love the sound of it through the Kemper with just the cabinet enabled (using the Kemper as just a cab sim). I can switch cabs and have tons of nice tones out of it.

Is there any way to profile this sound before I sell it? I've been looking and it seems like it's not really possible to do this? Ideally I'd like to profile just the mesa preamp sound and be able to switch cabs on the Kemper. The way I understand it is the cab is actually part of the profile so switching it will remove some of the original profile sound.

I agree with you... 1,3,2

The pick attack on 3 and 2 is too harsh sounding to me. Or maybe its the way you are playing in those clips that makes it sound different lol. 1 sounds the most natural and pleasing to my ears.

I don't listen to U2 though so can't comment on how close it is to the original tone.

This is my first post here in a loooooooong time. I pretty much gave up on music a while ago after my band split. I've not had the motivation to record anything for a while but just gave this a listen after not hearing it for ages and decided I would share it here. I came up with the first riff and then just kept adding to it every time I had another idea. The plan was to write a 20 - 30 minute instrumental track, maybe I'll finish it one day haha.

https://soundcloud.com/bishop86/track-demo-september-2015

It's really nice for you to join the show ! fun thing : Your drummer looks like Axl Rose :D

Is it me or the singer is often out of tune ??

Yeah he is out quite a bit but we had no time to do another take! But then how many pro metal bands do you see where the singer is 100% live? We are busy practicing to make sure we are all on the ball on the day though!

Wow!!!! congratulations. I'm so completely #$#$@#$@#$@#$ that I won't be able to go. My friend and I were looking at the lineups, and it's just mind-blowing. We found ONE stage on ONE day that had like 4 of our top 20 bands of all time.

Anyway, good to hear of the success of a fellow Kemperer, and wish you the best.

Yeah the lineup is simply amazing. We are really lucky to be chosen to play alongside all these incredible artists. Exciting yet terrifying at the same time lol.

Hey guys! We just got picked by Mike Portnoy to play on Progressive Nation at Sea.

Portnoy says,

The biggest Prog event of the Millennium just got BIGGER!

For our Sixthman Soundcheck band submission contest, I listened to each and every one of the 180 entries and it was incredibly difficult to narrow it down to just 3 winners because there was so much great talent to choose from. Congratulations to BAD SALAD, FELIX MARTIN and EUMERIA for ultimately being selected as the three new bands to perform on this historic event.

But many more of the bands that entered the contest stayed in the back of my mind…

So I asked Sixthman if there was any way we could possibly make room for more bands…and while the Soundcheck Stage is full, we decided to add a 5th stage on board in the Bar City Lounge for up to 20 up & coming bands to perform on. This will be called the “NEW MILLENNIUM” stage.

Welcome aboard to the NEW MILLENNIUM stage at Progressive Nation at Sea:

AN ENDLESS SPORADIC
    BACKHAND
    BROTHERHOOD
    CINEMA NOVO
    DELTA
    GLASS MIND
    JUPITER GROOVE
    LUCID FLY
    LUNIX
    NO REFLECTION
    PERSONA GRATA
    THE SHROUD OF GAIA
    THANK YOU SCIENTIST
    VOUGAN
    ZOMBIE FROGS

Check out all of these amazing new bands online and come see them perform at PN14!

Mike Portnoy

Here is the video we entered to the competition. Its a bit rough as we had very little time to get it done and had not practiced together for a few months but it turned out alright :)

I am using my Kemper and our other guitarist is using a Boss gt8 and a Peavey Valveking head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7w5ffiyyLA

https://www.facebook.com/lunixband

Check out some of the other bands that got chosen as well they deserve some more attention.

Thanks for looking :)

So after a few months of getting used to the Kemper I have decided to sell my Peavey JSX 120w head. I want to keep clear of Ebay however as I'm not sure its a good idea selling something like a large amp head on there. Just wondering what you guys would recommend as a rough price? Or where you would recommend posting an ad? (probably not here!) I've already tried Gumtree, Freeads and Preloved but no interest yet! I was hoping to get around £500 for it . :thumbup:

The monitors are all passive. Studio spares sn10's, spirit absolute 2's and some really old Sony HIFI speakers. None of them are particularly amazing and there's not much difference between the absolutes and the sn10's apart from a tiny bit less mids on the absolutes and a tiny bit more bass. As for the PA I don't know what brand or model as it belongs to our drummer! I think the Kemper sounds best through the studio monitors but I cant really say which monitors I prefer.... they are pretty close.

I've got the FCB set up and changing patches fine. The wah and volume work with the expression pedals OK.

However the volume will not go any lower than about 30-40%... I have calibrated the pedals and tried reprogramming them numerous times but still the volume is not going all the way down! It's as if its not calibrated correctly but i know it is! I have Googled this and tried just about everything but what ever I do makes no difference at all! :cursing:

Is there a setting in the KPA I am missing?

BTW I am using the stock 1010 (no chip)

I thought re-amping would be better using the spdif as it doesn't get converted between digital and analogue so many times and i am happy to use 44.1k, I have found some expensive ways of doing this but I just spent all my money on the kemper haha

So I've had the Kemper for about a week and now I want to connect it to my Hackintosh via the spdif for tracking and re amping, only trouble is there are no spdif in/out on my MOTU 8 pre. Anyone know of a cheap way of doing this via the 8 pre's ADAT connection? For example something with spdif I/O that i can connect via ADAT to the 8pre. Any other ideas? :D