Posts by phaedrus

Just to report back, it was a bug in the iMac’s FireWire systems. A bit too much daisy-chaining going on there. I since switched to the USB version of the Saffire on the iMac and use the FireWire one on the macBook. Both work sterling. And the mixing software I got used to. Set once and forget.

Another data point for active Studio Monitors. I use Adam A7X-es. As for playing over backing tracks or just playing along with music, I get those from my computer. Both the computer output and the Kemper’s output are joined and mixed (software mixer) in a Saffire USB audio interface. Works very well, there is no noticeable latency and there are lots of other brands.

Just upgraded my monitors to some Adam A7x's and what can I say, the kemper sounds incredible. Id share a picture but the jpg is too big. For anyone thinking of upgrading I'd say don't skimp on monitors, invest as much as you can. Thanks for the advice on the board, gianfranco especially (the wiki guy)

A better interface next I think.

I have them, too, on my Kemper and can confirm they are uneffingbelievable good. Make sure to try the Stereo Widener Effect on some of your profiles. It's a treat.
    And please do report back when you've found a good USB audio interface. I run a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 connected to an iMac at the moment and hate it with a vengeance. The mixing software is crap, runs no longer than about a quater of an hour before it crashes and often takes Logic Pro with it. :thumbdown:

49, and a noob at guitar playing with three years. You know how this goes, first it's a midlife crisis, then fetischism for the gear and then the music gets you. 8)