Posts by mrtwister

On the Kemper it's called a Crystal Delay and you can tweak I believe 26 different parameters for each preset. I'm not a delay guy so I don't know if it can get 100% exact or not (perhaps), but it may also be close enough to suit you without having to drag around an additional pedal, or you may find it more versatile with a sound you prefer. Only you would know that answer.

Here's a video of an early Crystal delay preset (there are several more) and some tweaking. If you're a tweaker, you can really mine into the parameters:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

thanks man!

I do NOT have the big sky pedal. I have a PT plugin from Vahalla called Shimmer, which gets very close.
    For the poster that asked for specifics, im looking for this tone around 1:30:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

thanks!

M.T.

Hello All,
    Im posting here, as for some reason even though Ive registered, I can't post [ only read] the private forums.

Anyhooo...
    As I understand, when I profile my amp, I take an existing KPA profile thats close to my desired ref tone, and then I profile "over" that tone.

so heres my questions..

1. is that starting/existing KPA profile now gone since Ive profiled over it? If so, the manual should make some mention of making a copy BEFORE you profile over it.

2. Even though I hear my amp , my profile, Im still seeing the author of the existing KPA profile Ive profiled over, how do I get all of his info out of there, and have my info there?

So how do I change my settings so that I can post new threads in the private forum?
    How can I reimport any profiles Ive written over?
    and how/where do I name my newly profiled amps?

thanks in advance!

MrT.

I talked to CK @ NAMM about this specifically. He said that there are too many driver issues and other obstacles to make this viable. IOW, it's not going to happen. He realizes that it would be cool......but.....

They are working on an editor....he sees the value there, it just takes time.

thats crazy.
    You could do this decades ago with synthesizers and samplers.
    This is the same guy who while TRYING to defend no WC input and fixed 16/44.1 resolution, told my there was no advantage staying in the digital realm.

great sounding product, but some really short sighted / close minded planning.

best,
    Mr.T

A stereo source would be two amps typically. If its a single amp with stereo effects, the KPA has that. Thr KPA can't profile time shift effects like chorus or flange anyways. If it's two seperate amps, two KPA's could be used to play both profiles. Or is there something else I am missing?

bd

No, not neccesarily.
    Im looking for the ability to profile an amp the way I typically would record an amp.
    One close mic on one amp, and one or two room mics panned, all bussed to a stereo track. KPA can play out stereo sources, Im thinking [ hoping ] that future builds with be stereo, hi res, units.

best,
    Mr.T

Agreed.
    Love to work totally from an editor/librarian/ software package on my computer. Tweak and save settings right there.
    This would make it the perfect rig for my way of working.

best,
    Mr.T

As a producer, the things I see missing may be different than those a live guitarist desire. And some I/O requests would only be done on future builds. Also I only have a few weeks logged on the amp, so if any of my requests are already available and Ive overlooked them, please let me know, here goes:

1. greater bit depth and sample rate, at least 24/48k, preferably 24/96k

2. dedicated word clock I/O

3. editor/ librarian/ software package, the ability to control all of KPA's function from the same computer monitor Im already working.

3b. at least the ability to use a USB keyboard for naming purposes

4. tap tempo for all delay types

4b. the ability for echo, pan, trem effects to be clocked to session tempo via USB input

5. the ability to pan amp stack within the stereo L/R output

6. the ability to put an echo pedal as the first thing in the signal chain

7. L/R cursor should advance by holding it down, as opposed to having to hit it for each position moved

8. the ability to do stereo profiles

thanks for listening!

Mr.T