Posts by Tobben

I will do another test tonight where I check what happens when using "Store As" in
    order to see if there's a connection with rigs/cabs not showing up in the "From Rigs"
    list and the smaller file sizes.

Ok, I just tested this by storing files with both old and new format using "Store As".
    I saved several versions (A, B and C) of the same files and saved version C again,
    but this time using "Replace".

All file sizes are between 5700 and 5800 bytes which should indicate that they are
    all saved in the new format I guess. However, only the replaced files (version C) can
    be found in the list of available cabinets from other rigs. Identical behaviour with both
    old and new rig versions.

I think we can eliminate the file size "issue" as a problem. I tested various scenarios
    and found that it occurs when replacing cabs in old profiles while the cab section is
    locked. Probably what happened to me before I became aware of the other issues.

One additional observation: browsing cabs from other rigs sounds correct to me when
    starting with an old rig, meaning that it only is listed wrong when replacing cabs in the
    new 2.8 rig versions...

Basically, it seems that everything is fine except for the wrong cab selection in 2.8 rigs
    and the missing entries, both occuring in the "From Rigs" list of available cabinets.

Cheers,
    Tobben

Please describe your problem more detailed.
    Do you use the Lock function for swapping cabinets?

I can tell that locking cabinets (or amps) does not work properly using the new profile format.
    This is not a bug, but a consequence of the new format and the fact, that the separation between amp and cab with old profiles is not done the same way as with new profiles.

This problem can be avoided by only using rigs of the new format. Every rig that is simply stored while the new format is activated, will appear in the new format.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I've locked cabs sometimes, and sometimes not. It's kinda hard to backtrack every detail when you realize
    something is wrong after you've done a lot of other things in between. I basically had to start from scratch in
    order to reproduce some issues and get it detailed enough to be useful for you (hopefully). I've sent a report
    to Burkhard via email, but I'll post what I've found so far here as well:

The cabinet listing is buggy when you browse the list of cabinets from other rigs.
    Let's say you have several variations of the same name/rig such as this:
    Mesa
    Mesa 1
    Mesa 2

This is listed correctly in the cabinet presets, but in cabs from other rigs it's like this:
    Mesa 1
    Mesa 2
    Mesa

No problem with different sorting - but you actually *get* and *hear* the cabinets as
    listed in the first example, meaning that if you select "Mesa 1" from another rig, then
    you actually hear and get "Mesa" instead.
    If you save this as a new rig, it will have the wrong cabinet, but you won't hear it
    until you enter the cab section and edit a parameter (High/Low Shift or Character).
    Once you touch one of those parameters, the real cabinet sound is revealed... :)
    The only thing I'm not sure of is if the actual cabinet is wrong or if it's just settings
    as I tested with variations of the same cabinet.

Another issue that I can reproduce here:
    Saved rigs aren't showing in the cabinet list of "From Rigs" after saving a rig using
    "Store As". I have to store it again using "Replace" to get it to show in "From Rigs".
    I have Replaced all rigs to make sure it's correct here, but I got curious and took a
    peak at my previous backup. Please have a look at the attached image below.

All rigs starting with a number are saved the last days after I got some 2.8 based
    profiles from another Kemper user. The file sizes may indicate that some of these
    rigs aren't saved correctly, but they all worked. I just wonder if files may be saved in
    the old format when using "Store As", and corrected to the new format when using
    Replace. All the rigs in my last backup are at least between 5700 and 5800 bytes
    after replacing all the rigs that first were saved using "Store As".

Both these issues are tested and reproduced using v2.8 files without any lock. One
    possible exception is the smaller file sizes in some rigs as I can't remember if I had
    the lock function on or off at the time I saved those rigs.
    I will do another test tonight where I check what happens when using "Store As" in
    order to see if there's a connection with rigs/cabs not showing up in the "From Rigs"
    list and the smaller file sizes.

Hope this helps, and please ask if something is unclear! :)
    Cheers,
    Tobben

Anyone who have tried replacing the cabinet in already merged profiles with another cab? I've had some weird issues with profiles
    that I saved with another cab than the originally merged cab. I just saved them as new profiles, no new cab merging. What happened
    here was that the sound changed in the saved profiles after browsing and loading other profiles, almost as if some cabinet character
    was "stuck" from previously loaded profiles. Seems to be ok today though....I deleted the affected profiles and saved new ones which
    are fine so far. I have no idea what caused this, but I thought I should mention it in case someone else experience the same issue. :)

Ok, this one was a little tricky, but I think I've found a way to reproduce the issue fairly consistently...

-Select the cabinet section and browse to a different cabinet (not always necessary but do it anyway)
    -Pan High Shift and Character to extremes so that you get a sound that you will recognize easily (this step is not part of the bug)
    -Simply Exit and go to the next rig
    -You should hear the same ugly cabinet sound in this rig as well. It's not 100% consistent I think, but I can reproduce it reliably here.

The above example isn't that problematic as it's corrected by browsing back or forth once more, but it gets a little worse. Just loading
    a different cabinet and saving the rig with no other tweaks can cause problems later on. The main issue: Browsing/selection of cabs is
    sometimes one step off and in these cases you may end up saving a wrong cab. It sounds like you heard it when you saved the rig -
    but once you tweak a parameter in the cab section - then you get what's really saved and you realize it's not what you once heard...

Sorry if this sounds confusing, but I think it's the only way I can explain it. The first example should be very easy to test and reproduce,
    while the other example is a bit more random it seems. I suspect the root of the issue is the same though...perhaps a buffer problem?

I have the same USB issue that others have reported, FW Version 2.8.0.10549B.

The USB stick doesn't seem to be recognized, and additionally: the KPA freezes if I push any buttons while the stick is connected.

Update: Tried a new stick and it failed as well. So far I've tested 2 different Corsair USB 2.0 sticks and one brand new SanDisk USB 2/3.
    One Corsair stick freezes Kemper, the other one does not - but nothing happens when I insert it either. No blinking or any sign of life..
    The SanDisk blinks regularly but there's is no connection at all.

However, I tried an external WD harddrive and this one worked immediately. Having 1 Terrabyte backup for the KPA is "slightly" overkill..
    but at least I can create backups and import profiles until this issue s fixed. :)

Anyone who have tried replacing the cabinet in already merged profiles with another cab? I've had some weird issues with profiles
    that I saved with another cab than the originally merged cab. I just saved them as new profiles, no new cab merging. What happened
    here was that the sound changed in the saved profiles after browsing and loading other profiles, almost as if some cabinet character
    was "stuck" from previously loaded profiles. Seems to be ok today though....I deleted the affected profiles and saved new ones which
    are fine so far. I have no idea what caused this, but I thought I should mention it in case someone else experience the same issue. :)

As for the new profiling scheme in general, I think this will be a huge upgrade...surely for those who play trough a guitar cabinet
    live of course, but also for those who like to try different cab profiles when recording. I just wish we could get some DI profiles with the
    beta as it would be extremely useful in order to test this properly. No problem for those who have the opportunity to create DI profiles
    of course, but kinda hard to evaluate and compare to the old profiling scheme for the rest of us. :)

I have the same USB issue that others have reported, FW Version 2.8.0.10549B.

The USB stick doesn't seem to be recognized, and additionally: the KPA freezes if I push any buttons while the stick is connected.
    Only way to wake it up again is to pull the stick out and reboot. The stick must be removed or else the KPA freeze on the splash screen.
    The stick is fine as I can force a downgrade to 2.7.4 and use it with no issues at all. Likewise, I can upgrade normally again so long as I
    remove the stick when the KPA reboots (to avoid freezing at the splash screen again). Hope this one is reproducable and relatively easy
    to fix as I have to flash the KPA twice just to import something as it is now (can't use the Rig Manager in my setup). :)

Otherwise I'm extremely exitced about this upgrade. Haven't had any chance to test any new profiles yet, but based on others feedback
    this might be exactly what I've been missing since I bought my first KPA 2 years ago. :)

Ok, it finally went through after another reboot. Don't know if it was a coinicidence, but it went past the splash screen just when I yanked out the USB stick.

Sidenote: the instructions for the v2.8.0 beta firmware tells you to push softbutton 4 in page 8 in the system menu. That can't be right as nothing happens there.
    However, I can push and illuminate softbutton 4 in page 10 - and then I get a completely different sound in some old impulses that I already had in the KPA...
    Off to check out Cabmaker 2.0 and see (hear) how it works. :)

Cheers,
    Tobben

I tried updating to the latest beta (2.8) firmware and it failed. The update went along and the KPA rebooted, but then it just stood on the Kemper Profiler splash screen for hours.
    Eventually I turned the unit off and did a boot-and-burn. And yes, I got the message, the firmware updated again and now I'm on the splash screen again with the "No resource data" error.

So what do I do now??

Cheers,
    Tobben