Posts by SteelWreath

I've been able to duplicate the problem with a very early patch "Strumming 01" (2011) which cannot be saved half the time if modified; however, if it is saved, it sounds totally different (Bassy and dull). That was a decent clean patch that I was using as the basis of a few songs. Coping to and from PC and Kemper while saving seems to cause problems.

I had not execute "Init Globals" before now, but I just did. Executing "Init Globals" did not fix the problem with the "bassy and dull" rig. I went through every setting between the two rigs that are supposed to be the same and still can find no differences in the settings but the sound is still very different. They were the same rigs because all the rig, cabinet, and amp descriptions are the same. I can only assume it's something in the amp setting (profile) that has effected many rigs. I'll still redo the rigs and keep good notes of what I'm doing in case this problem happens again. Thanks for your input.

The output sections were compared setting to setting. There is no visual difference when I switch from normal rig to "bassy dull" rig. The normal rig was copied, saved to Local Library, then moved back to the Kemper in an attempt to repeat the problem (that's mostly what I was doing last night). All sounds the same. There have been some Rig Manager Crashes, but nothing repeatable. Anyhow, I can't find the difference and can't duplicate the problem. I'll chalk it up to a bonehead move and redo the live set rigs.

Could there be a setting on the Kemper proper that is not displayed in the Rig Manager that I'm missing?

Thank you for the reply. I've checked every setting and knob as viewed through the Rig Manager and could find nothing different in any section. I paid specific attention to the output section as the problems appears to affect all the rigs. I'll look again; always a chance of missing something!

I've had the Kemper since 2013 for recording and am planning on using live. But recently modified presets do not sound like the original preset and I cannot figure out what I've done. Maybe if I explain, someone can tell me what happened. I was creating a live set list by modifying the presets that I like and loading in the 1-128 midi program changes in the browser mode.

1. Was running OS 7.1.2.15213 (no noticeable issues)

2. Updated to OS 8.06.24597 to utilize the new Rig Manager 3.1.62 and link to PC via USB

3. Modified some of the presets to match my live setlist (changing presets with a midi footpedal)

4. Last night, I noticed that every resent preset sounded bassy and dull. In general, none of the new presets sounded good to my ear and certainly not like I remember.

5. Backed up the unit as a precaution

6. Restored to an 2013 backup (the factory setting, but the OS remained 8.06.24597

7. The original, non-modified preset sounds great through the headphones (Strumming 01 is the original preset)

8. The modified preset sound terrible (bassy and dull) through the headphones. These are the presets I slightly modified and changed the name.

9. Here is what I can't figure out: I can switch from the original preset to the modded preset and can find no differences in any settings other than the BPM and name, yet they sound completely different. I've checked every setting in the Rig Manager and the two presets "look" exactly the same.

I'm thinking I've got to go start over and reprogram all the sounds, but I want to avoid the same issue. Can anyone offer some ideas as to what has happened?

The rig could just recall right up in a saved DAW project.

Now that would be quite helpful: A VST/AAX plugin that shuttles profiles from the librarian/editor to the Kemper. That would be similar to the Universal Audio Apollo Console Plugin that loads all the plugins and routing options from the DAW into the Apollo. All the setting are saved on a project-by-project basis. The sky is the limit with the Kemper. Who knows... maybe the foot pedal will integrate with the DAW, too.

Your desire and your priorities only it seems.

I flipped through the first ten pages of the forum. Other than the foot controller thread, this editor thread is the next highest number posts by a long shot. It's evidently not just my desire and my priorities... This editor/librarian is certainly quite a big deal to many Kemper customers.

Personally, I look at the profiles by turning the browse knob and cannot even fathom how to organize them; it's quite overwhelming. Some way to categorize, label, download, swap, etc. these wonderful profiles over USB would be such a milestone.

If my reply sounds a bit snarky, don't take it that way.

Out of sight is out of mind: These editor threads are just keeping customers' desires in front of Kemper.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease: The more customers complain about this particular issue the more Kemper resources will be applied to this task.

Taking six-plus months to develop a program seems a bit too long. And quite frankly, if no one ever brought up the "Editor" again, it's development might slip to the back burner.

I've read about the official editor/librarian development on the forum, but this thread is getting a bit long in the tooth. The last time I saw an official development statement was about six month ago, but maybe I missed a more recent one.

Just for the record, the Apollo SRC works fine to convert the 44.1 kHz SPDIF signal from the Kemper to 48 kHz for the DAW. However, the SRC is only one way: INTO the Apollo. A good digital direct signal and a processed signal can be recorded via Kemper SPDIF ouputs, but when I change the Kemper input to SPDIF and reamp, the sound difference is quite noticeable. 48 kHz SPDIF doesn't go into the Kemper.

I can change the SPDIF output to "Git / Stack" and capture these into the DAW through the Apollo using the built in Apollo Console SRC function. The Kemper is obviously running at 44.1 and the Apollo SRC is outputting 48 to the DAW via SPDIF. I have a non-processed track and the processed track from the Kemper. I can't figure out out to Reamp the non-processed track. The recorded tracks are 48/24. Any help is appreciated and I'll keep digging. Keeping everything SPDIF sure would be clean!

The SPDIF Input box is checked under INPUT soft key, but nothing is processed.

Getting the sound out is a maze through the DAW, the Apollo, then the Kemper.

Hello All,

I too have a Kemper and Apollo and am looking for the best way to record and reamp without multiple trial and error sessions. The Kemper SPDIF locked at 44.1 might play nicely with the Apollo SPDIF SRC; it it doesn't, the analog route will have to do. From what I can read about the analog, this is what I'm thinking:

Kemper Main XLR outs (L/R) to an Apollo input (TRS balanced) - Straight Forward cabling.

Kemper Direct Output/Send (TS unbalanced) to an Apollo input (TRS balanced, so connect 1/4" tip of Kemper plug to tip of Apollo and ground of kemper plug to ring of Apollo plug. Shield/drain connect to Apollo ground.) A question is should the Direct Output be set to Git Studio to get an additional 9 dBFS?

Apollo output (TRS, balanced) to front panel Kemper (TS, unbalanced, so cable accordingly). Bring the output down 9dB from DAW or Apollo if the original signal was recorded using Git Studio.

I'm assuming the Kemper Alternative Input on the back is still non-functional for reamping.

Is there a tried and true way that Kemper/Apollo users have found? Maybe SPDIF is the way to go.

Thanks,

Eric