Posts by redmedicine

Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying to be better at documenting the amp settings and recording setup without being TOO crazy about it. I think I've found a format that works pretty well, but if anyone has suggestions or ideas I'm all ears as long as I don't spend more time documenting than I do profiling. :)

Hi,
    Your email button/link dosent seem to be working on your page, Ive got a few questions, may I have your email address?

I will definetly check your profile out. Your recording chain sounds great! Do you plan to profile more amps?

I probably will do some more profiles. Right now Im in the middle of a producing a new record, so it will probably be after I wrap it up.

all the best.

cool, glad youre digging it.

Im learning more about the profiling process, and have improved this one by doing profiles with various pre amp settings. so if I need more or less gain, I just load the appropriate profile. To me it sounds more like my amp as opposed to using the KPA gain to change it.

thanks again guys for the positive feedback.

best,
    Sean

Hi,

Im having similar inequities when using the digital I/O, and Im thinking it comes back to no way to properly clock the KPA.

I did not read all 6 pages of this thread.
    But IF your complaint of phasing is when you trying to reamp a number of tones from the same DI signal, and youre doing it all digitally, it may just be the fact that there is no way to clock the KPA when sending the signal back to it via the SPDIF input.

When using the KPA in the digital realm, the "pitcher and catcher" are not truly synced like the way they should be in a professional, digital studio.
    Just because a user is not getting loud clicks and pops, the overt artifacts associated with a poorly clocked system, dosent mean more subtle problems arent occurring.
    Like the problems Im getting, and I think the OP is having as well.

all the best.

Hi Guys,
    Heres my first dip in the profiling pool.

its titled:
    SM JMP P90

Its my trusty JMP MKII.
    The recording chain is:

Gibson invader with Fralin p92s, bridge position
    Marshall JMP MKII
    Marshal 4x12 TV cab
    SM57
    Neve 31102 mic preamp
    Radar 24 w/nyquist convertors to PT
    SPDIF to KPA
    all cabling Canare.