Posts by Thumas

Yes, there are rigs in the RigExchange, but also there are some in the forum here, which are not in the RigExchange (for example: Mesa TSM2, Peavy Bandit). The Merged 3.0 download are already 300 profiles.

So if there is an overview i would be very happy. If not, also no problem :)

Hi!

Well as you have seen there is only some selected profiles are on rig exchange, i have spread a lot of profiles in different threads on this forum over the years, most of them still can be found i think, i have not gathered my stuff, but that might be an idea in the future, i still have all profiles i made on my computer, only downside is that it includes some really bad stuff aswell and will take some time to go through :(

Thanks for your kind words!

Don't know exactly when, but there will be an update in the near future with my rectifier 2x12 cab, so something to hopefully look forward to.

I'm still interested to know what "cabs" in pack you like and profile of course, good to know for future stuff.

I think it's pretty cool and more unique with different blends and so on, but will still do single mic stuff since i know some prefer them.

Here comes some profiles of my awesome new marshall dsl20hr, i'm impressed with this and wanted to share some sounds with you.

There is a lot of profiles in this zip (144) but basically it's 16 different amp settings and 9 different cabs, the number in profile name is for the amp it self and the letters are for the speaker/mic/positions/blends... so if you found a cab you like it's easier to just check the different amp with the letter you like, to save some time ;)

There will be a bunch of profiles that you probably don't like, i have tried to please as many as i can with wide spectrum of sounds, that means you will not like all, but hopefully some of them.

All profiles in this first pack is merged

Gear used.

Marshall dsl20hr

Engl E412 Vintage, stock with v30 but i have replace one of the speakers with a g12t75 speaker.

Sm57,md421 and heil pr20 is used. some of the blends are with mics, but even v30 and t75 are blended on some profiles.

sd-1 and plumes ts pedal.

The tags should be ok, so look there for info about pedal, mics,speaker and blends.

Please share if you find any good combinations that works for you.

Update 20/6-21

Did a few new profiles with the fredman technique, engl cab v30

Update 15/2-23

Some profiles made with my mesa recto 2x12 v30, boosted with sd-1. sm57 and some with 57 and 421.

Also on rig exchange if you prefer that.

(This is studio profiles)

If you're looking for XXX profiles, there is some confusion about the amp. At some point when Joe Satriani left Peavey, they rebadged his JSX amp as the XXX. I don't know what happened to the original version of the XXX though and whether that is the one Exodus used.

xxx 2 is supposed to be same as old jsx i think.

Xxx crunch channel should be the same as jsx ultra channel.

btw i did an attempt last year, i did a thread about it, so maybe you have just tried it.

Exodus Tone

Time for a new update :)

I got my mesa rectifier 2x12 cab back, did some new profiles with that cab using sm57 and md421, peavey rockmaster preamp was used once again in ultra channel pushed mode, less gain and fatter sounding than the pulled mode, also plumes ts was used for a clean boost in mode 2.

Both Studio and Merged profiles, and if you curious check the positions tab on profile to see the volume on the mic's, example is mics used 57+421 -3-0 means that 57 is lowered 3db, -0-6 means 421 is lowered 6db.

As a bonus i did a profile of my mesa mark 3, trying out match eq in logic to metallicas orion track, on amp i dialed in the same settings that they used on original recording, used recto cab with sm57.

Well the results is in the same vein as original but it's a little tough using a mastered guitar track with multiple guitars layered as source.

Also included the profile i did as a base, and i prefer it ;) but the match eq could maybe be useful for jamming with the record.

Profiles in first post. Enjoy!

Edit, the file was too big to upload with samples, so hade to remove them.

Peavey Rockmaster preamp using power amp of bugera 333xl infinium with 6l6.

Engl cab used once again since i don't have my rectifier 2x12 cab at home at the moment, sm57,

profile no 1 is ultra channel with gain knob pulled fore some serious gain ;), rest of the profiles are with it pushed, that mode does not have as much gain as i want so i used ts in front for those, a ts808 on some and plumes ts on some.

I had this preamp for many years and i did some profiles of it back in 2013, it is the preamp from peavey ultra head, forerunner to peavey xxx, it also has the diodes for some kind of noise gate, that normally makes it a problem for kemper to profile correctly, those diodes are bypassed to get accurate profiles.

Studio profiles.

Profiles in first post.

Update 17/1

Did a few new profiles with a 57 and a t.bone rb 100, also a profile with 2xsm57 fredman technique and on with heil pr20.

Some are merged and those has M before number, Studio profiles has S before, sorted out my 3 favorites and included some others in a bonus folder.

Profiles in first post.

Interesting!

Normally i never mark positions, but did it this time to get mics at same spot!

I will do a comparison next session to see if i can hear what you mean, it makes sense so i think it will.

Nowdays i close mic, i like it better, i mean up to the grill!

But if your curious, the nr 5 profile is a bit away from the cab, the others are almost touching grill .

Hi!

New year, new profiles ;)

Will use this thread for my new and upcoming profiles.

Just started with a few from my beloved Mesa Boogie Mark 3 Red Stripe, Engl E-412 Vintage (v30), SM57

I have two sm57's, so i did a comparison between them, and they differ some as expected, also used sm57 copy called TSM MT57, A and B is sm57, and C is mt57

would be nice to hear what you like the most?

Profiles for comparison is 03 A, B, C, the other profiles are just some alternatives, and not for a fair comparison.

These are all studio profiles..

Update 17/1

Did a few new profiles with a 57 and a t.bone rb 100, also a profile with 2xsm57 fredman technique and on with heil pr20.

Some are merged and those has M before number, Studio profiles has S before, sorted out my 3 favorites and included some others in a bonus folder.

Update 29/1

Peavey Rockmaster preamp using power amp of bugera 333xl infinium with 6l6.

Engl cab used once again since i don't have my rectifier 2x12 cab at home at the moment, sm57,

profile no 1 is ultra channel with gain knob pulled fore some serious gain ;), rest of the profiles are with it pushed, that mode does not have as much gain as i want so i used ts in front for those, a ts808 on some and plumes ts on some.

I had this preamp for many years and i did some profiles of it back in 2013, it is the preamp from peavey ultra head, forerunner to peavey xxx, it also has the diodes for some kind of noise gate, that normally makes it a problem for kemper to profile correctly, those diodes are bypassed to get accurate profiles.

Studio profiles.

Update 17/2

Time for a new update :)

I got my mesa rectifier 2x12 cab back, did some new profiles with that cab using sm57 and md421, peavey rockmaster preamp was used once again in ultra channel pushed mode, less gain and fatter sounding than the pulled mode, also plumes ts was used for a clean boost in mode 2.

Both Studio and Merged profiles, and if you curious check the positions tab on profile to see the volume on the mic's, example is mics used 57+421 -3-0 means that 57 is lowered 3db, -0-6 means 421 is lowered 6db.

As a bonus i did a profile of my mesa mark 3, trying out match eq in logic to metallicas orion track, on amp i dialed in the same settings that they used on original recording, used recto cab with sm57.

Well the results is in the same vein as original but it's a little tough using a mastered guitar track with multiple guitars layered as source.

Also included the profile i did as a base, and i prefer it ;) but the match eq could maybe be useful for jamming with the record.

Enjoy!

Cannot find it in rig manager, latest upload from "thumas" is 2015 ^^

strange, i can see it.

and since 2015 i have uploaded a lot ;)

restart rig manager maybe?

hmm i found it in rig manager searching thumas and sorted thought date, or file name mk3 eng s100. can not see it when sorting on latest uploaded, strange.

Sound really nice and very good playing as usual!!

Nice to see you coming back to my old profiles ;)

Today i uploaded a new profile that i think you will like, there is a studio profile on rig exchange, merged profile also available in my thumas merged profile thread, there's also the profile cederick used on this clip can be found.

Small update, only one profile but good in my opinion, both studio and merged version.

Boosted with my plumes ts, engl 4x12 v30, single sm57. Setting on amp is a bit different than i usually use.

Studio profile will be found on rig exchange but for merged version download in first post in this thread.

I did an attempt to get a good exodus tone, the era when they used peavey xxx for this profile, think live at waken 08

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

at 0:53 you can hear Gary Holts guitar alone.

Be sure to be in D standard to get the heaviness and palm mute a little more to the bridge for exodus chunk.

Check this clip at 20:00 to get an idea.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Gear used for this profile is my bugera 333xl infinium peavey jsx clone) with 6l6 boosted with plumes ts on ultra channel (ultra channel on jsx is supposed to be very close to crunch channel on peavey xxx, and that's for channel gary used)

SM57 on my Engl 4x12 V30

Studio eq is activate on profile, but it's only highpass/lowpass, no additional eq was used doing the profile, it's not spot on but it's in the ballpark i think and i could not get closer.

I really like exodus guitar tones all eras so if you have anything you like please share the profiles with me.

Update May 2020

I recently bought an Engl 4x12 with v30, it's and old model from 2006 and the correct name of the cab is E 412 Vintage, it's the same model as the cabs you can buy now that goes under the name Engl Pro, the reason engl change name was that they did't think it was vintage sounding ;)

I have started trying out the cab and want to share the results with you, in this profiles with the engl cab alone i have used my mesa mark 3, mics used are sm57, md421, i different combinations like fredman technique and others.

Also share a cab blend with the engl cab and my mesa rectifier cab, for those i used my bugera 333xl (copy of peavey jsx) they sound very cool to me, and if you don't like the bugera you can always use the cabs with other profiles.

Profiles in first post..