Posts by Thumas

Final Update

25 Merged profiles!

It's a 2x12 cab (marshall clone) with g12t75 speakers in from 2001.

Mics used are blend of sm57 and md421, single sm57, single, md421

Profiles named A,B,C,D,E are different mic position or blend volume, a,b,c are blend, d is 57, e 421, (tags are correct). A is basically same over all A named profiles, as for B and so on

Profile number is different amp settings. Earthquaker Plumes TS are used on all higher gain profiles, check tags if unsure ;)

First post for profiles....

Sharing som merged profiles of a marshall origin 50 head running through my mesa rectifier cab with v30, miced with a sm57 and md421.

6 profiles total, 3 with a plumes ts and 3 without.

I have the amp borrowed from a friend and will have it at home for a few days, maybe i do some more if that's interesting? have a cab with g12t75 speakers in that maybe will work good together for a more classic marshall sound.

Update

Added two studio profiles single mic:ed with sm57

Update

Added two new studio profiles with 2x sm57 (fredman technique) on a g12t75 speaker

1 with ts and one without.

Final Update

25 Merged profiles!

It's a 2x12 cab (marshall clone) with g12t75 speakers in from 2001.

Mics used are blend of sm57 and md421, single sm57, single, md421

Profiles named A,B,C,D,E are different mic position or blend volume, a,b,c are blend, d is 57, e 421, (tags are correct). A is basically same over all A named profiles, as for B and so on

Profile number is different amp settings. Earthquaker Plumes TS are used on all higher gain profiles, check tags if unsure ;)

Update April 2020

Time to share some profiles again ;)

New profiles from my bugera 333xl infinium 6L6 (don't judge before try).

Updated the blend series with my mark 3, it's a 3 mic combo with sm57+pr20+md421.

Peavey rage 158 also got an update with some different mic options with rectifier cab, and as a bonus i also did a few profiles with the stock 8" speaker (studio only), i know most of you have no interest in that rage 158 but i include that anyway :)

I know i have spread som profiles in different threads on forum, i included them in this zip also in a folder named Previously Released.

For future it seems like i will soon get my hands on a Krankenstein+ and a Marshall Origin 50 amp.

First post for profiles..

Update 3

Did a few profiles from the rhythm 2 channel of the amp, they turned out as they should, don't know why it was off the first time i tried.

Also made a more hard rock profile from lead channel that i think turned out great!

These profile are blended with three mics, sm57, heil pr20 and sennheiser md421, did some alternative without pr20, check profile info.

Studio and merged versions included.

Check first post for profiles.

I Looked at Brad Gills old instructional video and it was easier to see his mesa boogie settings there, i decided to try them since they really differ a lot from what i usually have, well graphic eq at least, i cannot see how his knobs are pulled or not but i did a variation with Lead Bright pulled, profile with BR means it's pulled.

These are going a little higher in gain, on kemper, 6.1 and 6.7 but since night ranger was mention i think it's accepted ;)

These profiles are made on an Mug 2x12 (marshall clone) with g12t75 speakers and sm57 was used.

Both studio and merged in this zip, so you can try with other cabs if you want.

Profiles to be found in first post.

Cool :)

When playing myself i prefered 421, but thought the 57 was nice to, if i remember correctly i think deep was pulled on 57.

On metal stuff i always have that pulled but i suppose to these tones it do fine without..

Also had lead bright pushed for all three profiles, normally pull that to for more modern sounding, but prefered it off for this.

Many options on mark amps :)

Hi!

I have done a few test profiles with a more crunch sound, not as metal scooped as i often do ;) actually the md421 profiles does not even have the graphic eq engaged.

I'm using the lead channel on these profiles with low gain settings., i actually was trying to do the rhythm 2 channel at first but was not happy with the profiling result, will give it another shot later.

To be clear, included profiles turned out as expected.

All profiles are with rectifier 2x12 v30, low gain profile is mic;ed with sm57 and graphic eq is used, mid gain profiles are md421 with graphic eq off, the 2nd profile has deep pulled on amp and slightly more gain that's the only difference between the two.

Let me know what you think about them? what to improve as i'm not so comfortable with these sounds.... yet.

These profiles are studio profiles, can do some merged next time.

Update 11/4-20

I Looked at Brad Gills old instructional video and it was easier to see his mesa boogie settings there, i decided to try them since they really differ a lot from what i usually have, well graphic eq at least, i cannot see how his knobs are pulled or not but i did a variation with Lead Bright pulled, profile with BR means it's pulled.

These are going a little higher in gain, on kemper, 6.1 and 6.7 but since night ranger was mention i think it's accepted ;)

These profiles are made on an Mug 2x12 (marshall clone) with g12t75 speakers and sm57 was used.

Both studio and merged in this zip, so you can try with other cabs if you want.

Update 3 15/4-20

Did a few profiles from the rhythm 2 channel of the amp, they turned out as they should, don't know why it was off the first time i tried.

Also made a more hard rock profile from lead channel that i think turned out great!

These profile are blended with three mics, sm57, heil pr20 and sennheiser md421, did some alternative without pr20, check profile info.

Studio and merged versions included.

Sound really good to me, will definitive check the album out when completed!

Nice to see the old blend profiles get some love, i recently myself did a revisit to them, i'm got stock playing blend2 m11 myself but now i must check blend m01 :)

Thumas As for mics of 57 + 412 is a true beast for me! PR20 sounds great as well. Amazing work!

thanks, gonna experiment with a blend of all three mics and see what i can come up with.

But 57+421 and single pr20 will be included in future pack.

Don’t know if you have seen it but i have an mk3 57+421 pack out that are merged, different mic positions and different volume blend, cabs will work good with these merged soldano.

Thank you! Need your secret sauce as I was profiling my amps this weekend . Turned out ok (I am new to it so still finding my way) but no where near as juicy as yours. Thanks again Thumas! :thumbup:

well first thing to do is learning how your cab sounds, it can be a big difference between speakers, i’m mostly micing at cap edge so aim for that if you like my stuff, start with mic there dust cap meets the cone, on v30 at least.

Takes some time but aim clockwise around choosen speaker and record in your daw, you will be surprise how different it could sound, make some notes which spots you like and start from there.

Good to know is that more to middle will be brighter and more to cone darker, position close to cloth will be bassier, thats also something to keep in mind when fine tuning.

One last tip that work for me as a start when dialing in the amp is to listen how it sounds in front of the speaker to get more the idea how the mic will listen, many people start dialing standing up close to speaker and often adding to much treble or presence for an example.

I’m no expert but this is what i do... ohhh and i always try to have some reference tone to compare to, after a while it’s easy to get lost and often result to have made fizzy profiles that are discovered with fresh ears :)

Taking a break now and then can make wonders :)

Hope this will help, many good videos on youtube to learn from also.

Nice to hear that you like them!

It would be interesting to know what mic’s you prefer?
    probably in a near future i will profile some more amps, next up seems to be a krankenstein+, but profiling time will be a little limited, so probably no time for setting up all mics...

It's was about time to revisit this soldano hot rod 100+ with depth mod, i have profiled it in the past (thumas merged profiles) but got the opportunity again when my wife's son who bought it from me come over the weekend for a visit, he also brought some more mics with him so we spent some hours to profile this amazing amp, we are very happy with the result and want to share it with you!.

Mics used is.

Shure SM57

Shure SM7B

Heil PR20

Sennheiser MD421

Superlux PRA628 MKII

Pedals used are.

Earthquaker Plumes Signal Shredder

Boss SD-1 (Modified)

Cabs

Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 V30

Mug (Marshall Clone) 2x12 G12T75 (1 profile)

Both Studio and Merged profiles are included, i prefer studio myself but it's nice with an option.

Thanks for your kind words ;)

D34 Lead profile is just a di profile, i never did any studio profile with that exact setting, my thought was to use the di with one of the merged cabs, load the di profile and then lock the amp and click on the merged profiles to find what cab you think suits best, most of my merged cabs should work well.