Posts by Thumas

Howdy!

I have done a bunch of profiles with new profiling method, as many of us know the merge function does not work in 3.0fw yet, so i downgraded to 2.8 and merged all files there, so these are ok.
    All profiles is saved after with 3.0 version as kemper wanted before sharing profiles.

In this zip file there is 34 Merged profiles, some of them are good and some less good, to be honest this is more or less all merged files i have done :)
    if you want them sorted and only wanna try what i think is best, i have uploaded those on rig exchange and suggest you try those instead,

All profiles is with my mesa boogie rectifier 2x12 with v30, except A,B,C of mk3 that is with my Elmwood 4x12 V30.
    Heil pr-20 is used on all distorted profiles, the cleans is with a superlux pra 628 mk2.
    On mesa profiles di was taken from slave out, except the files that end with a B, those were from a Behringer GI100 ULTRA-G,
    other amps are all with GI100 ULTRA-G.

Amps included is..
    Mesa Boogie Mark 3 Red Stripe
    Engl Powerball V1
    Soldano Hotrod 100+ with depth mod
    Peavey rockmaster preamp slaved through mesa mk3 power amp.

Tsm mt57 (sm57copy)

Peavey Rage 158 and Bandit 112 using recto cab

Blended mics, mark 3 with recto cab.

Blended part 2 is two cabs 2 mics, part 3 is recto cab with 3 mics.

edit
    removed old non working links.
    this link is all merged profiled above in one zip.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvg4…/Thumas%20Merged.zip?dl=0

Edit 2020

Have not been active for a few years but have started playing some guitar again and bought myself a new sm57 to make som new profiles, this was mainly a test for myself to relearn my cab again.

Profiles are as usual from my mesa mark 3 with my rectifier 2x12 v30, soon i will make som new profiles from soldano hotrod.

These are not so well sorted out, there are some poor profiles here to, but i think you could find some good ones also :)

Profiles are merged as usual and i also included some di files in the zip to try with different cabs, if you find any you like let me know which you prefer.

Added some fredman mic technique profiles + 2 bonus.

Update April 2020

Time to share some profiles again ;)

New profiles from my bugera 333xl infinium 6L6 (don't judge before try).

Updated the blend series with my mark 3, it's a 3 mic combo with sm57+pr20+md421.

Peavey rage 158 also got an update with some different mic options with rectifier cab, and as a bonus i also did a few profiles with the stock 8" speaker (studio only), i know most of you have no interest in that rage 158 but i include that anyway :)

I know i have spread som profiles in different threads on forum, i included them in this zip also in a folder named Previously Released.

For future it seems like i will soon get my hands on a Krankenstein+ and a Marshall Origin 50 amp.

Update May 2020

I recently bought an Engl 4x12 with v30, it's and old model from 2006 and the correct name of the cab is E 412 Vintage, it's the same model as the cabs you can buy now that goes under the name Engl Pro, the reason engl change name was that they did't think it was vintage sounding ;)

I have started trying out the cab and want to share the results with you, in this profiles with the engl cab alone i have used my mesa mark 3, mics used are sm57, md421, i different combinations like fredman technique and others.

Also share a cab blend with the engl cab and my mesa rectifier cab, for those i used my bugera 333xl (copy of peavey jsx) they sound very cool to me, and if you don't like the bugera you can always use the cabs with other profiles.

Update July 2020

Small update, only one profile but good in my opinion, both studio and merged version.

Boosted with my plumes ts, engl 4x12 v30, single sm57. Setting on amp is a bit different than i usually use.

I took DI profiles from the speaker out since day one. However all DI amp profiles within this pack were created with 3.0 and the merge function was used. I see a lot of confusion about DI profiles in the future. Even with DI amp profiles, you cannot be sure if someone used a real cab as reactive load connected or a load box with a static load. The difference in sound is huge.

Thanks for information!
    Tried your teaser, sounds Great!

I have discovered som strange behaviour.
    When playing through my guitar cab i have some difference between original di profile vs the final merged one, little more fizz so actually sounds better after merged ;)
    But if i for example copy a merged cabinet from another profile and then add that cab to the first di profile and save that, those two profile differ a lot in sound,
    but when turning cab block on and off i hear no difference but adding another cab changes the di sound. anymore with this?

Did some recording of guitar cab and don't hear that big differences that i think i hear from actual cab, and the recording more to be trusted hehe.

I have discovered som strange behaviour.
    When playing through my guitar cab i have some difference between original di profile vs the final merged one, little more fizz so actually sounds better after merged ;)
    But if i for example copy a merged cabinet from another profile and then add that cab to the first di profile and save that, those two profile differ a lot in sound,
    but when turning cab block on and off i hear no difference but adding another cab changes the di sound. anymore with this?

Have some questions.

I made some di comparison by ear vs old made di profile vs new method.
    to me it seems like di profile made with new method saves without a cab, and that sounds like a profile made old way but with cab on?
    that say di profiles are not more accurate now but separated and that's the only difference?

also, when have the new mode activated the old made di profile does not have a cab attached any more and means that it can be used as a new made one?

i have not tried this but feeling profiles made the new way (or old with cab on) will be a little to bright? anyone have that feeling?
    have tried a bunch of profile and experience that, but that might be just me, i know when playing di profiles back in the day i often prefer it with cab off, and that would not be possible now with new method, and that means that a profile made mix ready sounded good in pa but will be a little to bright in cab? but i know i can compensate with monitor eq on kemper.

well some thought i have..
    i will do some recording comparisons in the future to easier judge what's happening, sometimes the ear fool you in the end of much testing ;) hehe

It seems that peavey xxx has a inbuilt noise gate, this is from manual "Special noise gate circuitry on Ultra and Crunch channels"
    I have a peavey rockmaster preamp that also has an included noise gate, i got help from a friend that modded my preamp to bypass noise gate but that need some soldering skills,
    after that i got accurate profiles.
    I have heard that peavey xxx is based on peavey ultra (rockmaster preamp is preamp from ultra)
    Probably that's the reason you have bad results.

One thing that is strange is if this theory is true, i wonder how accurate the commercial triple xxx profiles out there is, unless they were modified.

Here is my old thread about my issue.
    Not happy with my profiling. [solved]

Is there any difference now when making a di profile from before? i mean other than you now got all under amp block, before it was both in amp and cab block.
    Let say if you make a di profile with 2.7 firmware and play that through a guitar cab, does it sound different if it was made in 2.8 firmware?

This is great news!
    Have not tried yet but read through the instructions and just want to mention that there is some amps out there that has a Di feature and don't need a separate di box.
    For example most mesa boogie amps has a slave out and that signal is tapped from speaker, some mesa it's called direct out, there is a bunch of other brands that has that feature on some models (have seen it on vht amps and they called it line out).
    It is a good idea to read you manual before ordering a separate di box (you might already have the feature), the results should be the same but i have never owned a separate di box and have never compared myself.

Have done some profiles myself through slave out in the past and that has worked great.
    When doing profiles from slave out you must have a speaker connected!!!

Well i'm talking about knob eq, on mesa boogie mark series amp the eq is before distortion, like fender amps, one of the reason many people don't like mark series amp is when trying all knobs at noon and then play.