Posts by Bommel

I try to play many playing styles staccato, plammutes, singlenote riffs, singlenotes just ringing out, complex chords and everything with both pickups ... and only up to the 5th fret... i don't now why but when i play very high notes it messes up the highs of the pofile... i really don't know why ... afterwards the profile has less highs, but when i my riffing only up to the 5th fret i says accurate

also tuning one string lower, to -let's say- drop-d helps too mybe the kemper gets more information for tho lower range of the amp i really don't know i just do it like this and it seems to work...

in the beginning i tried to change gutiars while profiling oder play erverywhere one the neck and very dissonant stuff too ... and while i still do dissonant chords the other things did work out so good

The Refining Process changes more then you think.

I used a crafter sa thinline acoustic guitar, a charvel sk1 with emgs and a hagström with pafs and the profiles turned out very different

AND NOW when i play with the hagström the emg profile the hagström sounds more emg like, a bit more compressed etc.
    and the crafter profile was completely different.

i profiled with the crafter the cleanchannel too and voila electric guitars sound a bit more like a acoustic guitar...

i lost my usb stick but i'll get a new one soon the i'll post the profiles for you, then you can see for yourself

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Really great!
    But are you sure the lyrics are german? I don't understand a word!

It is German with a bavarian dialect, I am from bavaria btw. :D so yes to a degree it is german

The lyrics are:

doats wos` megts und
    haxts ois af mid
    eicham hass und
    eicham neid

... es is ma scheißegal ...

dei glaum dei religion
    dei hass dei munition,
    dei gschrei durchs mikrofon

... des is ma scheißegal ...

dei geld dei provision
    dei koam (auto) und dei pension
    und dahoam mit da mama bon (baden)

... des is ma scheißegal ...

like i said bavarian dialect :D i'll upload the Solo sound of the Spade today...

... yeah i know other people also had this idea, i was inpired by Rob Scallons Videos, so i thought i can do that too, i built my own spadebass, i haven't copied the design itself so it was some work to do ...

What you hear is only one quadtracked bassline through a mesa boogie rectifier profile with a octaver (1 up and 1 down ) Have fun!
    and sorry about the german language the lyrics basically:

bla bla bla -> i don't give a f....
    bla ... and so on :D

and the intro is just a stereotypical bavarian joke :D

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Title says it all sometimes you just need a few transients or a bit clarity (some even double the recorded signal with the transients of a western guitar)

In this Video i mixed in the Camera sound and it balances the whole sound ... the overdriven sound stays creamy but you can mix in the transients

Recording the dry direct out is good because sometimes it is perfect to have
    A: a backup sound, so by recording the direct out you can always reamp the signal when you do like the sound anymore and
    B: sometimes the recorded sound lacks 1. definition the you can also blend it with a clean signal or even use a second overdrive sound to even out the already recorded sound, or 2. Notes just leave in the low mids and bass of the direct signal to make teh notes come back while soloing with a lot gain

in this videoi did all of it:

this latency thing bugs me for a while now, i wasn't quiet sure about it but it makes sense ... last year i played on some bigger stages with my wireless system (3.9 ms) and + 3ms from the kemper and being far away from the sound this adds up ... it think ... and i remember one stage were the mixer had a digital mixer and a also digital stagebox ... does anybody know if these stageboxes also have latency, they are just connected by a thicker network cable so yeah...

Latency issue will be discussed as long as there is DSP present. A/D, D/A, DSP operations, all take time = latency. Question is, what is the real value of latency? Comparing latency by ear is IMO not the best option. As it was mentioned before, compression and other factors can shift our perception of latency. @Bommel If you could measure the latency for Axe, Helix and Kemper and post results here, it will shed more objective light on the issue. great tool for measuring latency (if you are on Windows) can be downloaded here: https://centrance.com/downloads/ltu/

cool! thanks i'll try it!

my question is just is it possible to speed up the kemper amp by reducing the dsp operations then ? i mean just in case ...
    like mentioned before it isn't a dealbreaker, but i mean it fits into the feature request, so why not. if it is possible it would be cool and maybe i'm wrong
    and it was just because of the more compressed axe fx sound ... :D i'm not an expert, that is why i'm in the forum :D

i tried to make the sounds as similar as possible and i have also some profiles of the axe fx and the helix on the kemper ... but the difference is still hearable

... the interesting thing is that the profiles of the axe fx sounded more dynamic then when i turned down the volume on the guitar then on the axe fx itself, maybe you're right and the more dynamic and realisitc sounding tones can add to that feeling of having latency ... but i'm pretty sure at the moment that it has to do with latency too because i tried gates and compresson and so on too (i play with a 8 string guitar) to get similar results but yeah