Posts by Bommel

i'll have to wait till tomorrow, i'm on the road right now ... do you mean the bitshaper gain/drive or volume ? ... reducing the drive would be a bit of a dealbraker for that profile because i want the effect to be very stong

Is the Output LED turning red when this happens?

Yes it does...
    maybe i should change the Topic to "Broken Profiles" on other profiles everything works perfectly ... but some, most of the time direct or bass amps the peaks occur ... try changing cab with this profile an they will come i think ...
    i already sent this profile to a friend and he had teh same problem with the profile https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wno…SARLDN9EuM537MCf7Dma?dl=0

Some of my fuzz sounds have a Bass Cab or Amp ... and as soon as i use the bitcrusher i get strange crackling peaks ... i also shared these profiles with friends and the had the black kemper and no problems ... sooo is my older kemper broken ? ...

Some sounds produce a a punchy peak wich distorts the interface ... i don't know where it comes from ...
    if i leave the kemper and the profiles untouched it works fine but as soon as i add a compressor or a wave shaper or something like that ther are the peaks ...

i hope anybody can help me

I think this can be done with the stock plugins in reaper, possibly logic also - and maybe other daws as well.

I wonder how similar it is to the waves doubler.

For waves plugins in general: never buy until it goes on sale (and it will! :-))

I have the normal doubler of waves too ... and the critical point is really the fluctuating delay of the signal and the detune ...
    it is really helpful ... and i haven't a alternative since... there is a adt clone vst thingy online too... for free but it isn't quite as good as the "original" i really recommend it ... and i'd love to see it as an update

I totally fell in love with the abbey road - adt double tracker by waves

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

for me it is the only true version of making a mono signal stereo ...
    i was so happy to have the stereo widener in the kemper that for me the natural progression would be a adt

the difference is a variation in delay and detuning

while normal widening copies the mono track to the left and right channel with a fixed delay of some milliseconds and a slight detune
    the adts delay and detuning fluctuates + theres a drive option ...

the benefits are the doubled signal sounds much more like a second guitar and not just like a chorus like widenening (with the danger of phase problems) ... i would even buy a adt as output gear
    if it just would be availible ...

really if you guys haven't checked this plugin out do it ! it is more than great
    i use it since it came out on solos, vocals, acoustic guitars, violins and much more... it is simply amazing and i'd love to have this live

cool thanks you two! i'll try it out

since i only use the kemper for recording it is a problem with the profile... i made a few profiles myself with this dual micing technique and these are cool but now i found a few better profiles online
    but these have this fizz ... and it would be a cool tool if i could remove this fizz like with this micing technique because i'm a bit unhappy with the results when i have to remove the fizz afterwards

one main problem for me is having enough saturation and pressure but at the same time not as much high end fizz ...
    i imagine something like a multiband phase doulber ... so you double the signal just between 4k and 7k to get rid of the fizz but leave the rest untouched ... and the good thing about that comb filter effect is that the gainstructure still is similar whereas normal "cutting" chang much of the sound itself ... like in the video the natural combfilter effekt ... i don't know if this makes sense xD i'm not a expert but maybe ther is a way to do it

another thing i always to to make that static fizz a bit more lively and organic is tube and or tape saturation ... (the blockfish is great for that imo) i never produced any guitar tracks without the saturation so maybe that would be a cool tool too ... (haha oh that word asthetics "cool tool too") :D

But as i said i will try the things you recommended :) thanks again! :)

@ trazan: i already do that with the studio eq it is always around 5000hz but a eq is simply a completely different thing then the phase cancellation ...

lef38: no shielding problem at any of my guitars

and thanks mr. monkey-man i try it !

Do you guys have the same problem with highgain sounds ?
    some sounds just have too much hiss and it is possible to remove a bit hiss while profiling with two seperate mics
    so that phase cancellation removes a bit hiss ... i found out that the stereo expander in the kemper can do tat to to a extent but
    if the kemper guys could find a way to do that mono and in post it would be a game changer for me...

just removing highs makes the sound dull imo

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

some of my favorite Bands have this very distorted but hissless sound that i really wand to have

... i cried a little bit ^^ i`m sooo thankful for these great updates

excellent stuff Bommel !!!

I had a quick session with them and that was a real blast , here is a lil tune done with the marshall ones , for the fame of the fuzz :

External Content soundcloud.com

Sounds great man!! ... is this directly one of the profiles or with another cab and settings? :)