Posts by Bommel

These feature requests are really productive here "hey built in a normalizer like in the elevenrack" -> "do it by ear" ... :D I do that in the moment too but it would save time and is VERY easy to do for a programmer to make the Normaizing feature.

God i hate the blinking smiley :D ... try it inside cubase with a recorded clean and overdrive sound, that method works ... if you have a clean part in a song it tends to have more highs and when the distorted part kicks in it has to be louder to be direct enough because distorted signals are more focused and compressed, know what i mean ... but do you really recommend dail every profile in by ear if you have about 500 profiles on the amp ... even the eleven rack has a normalising function it`s not perfect but it`s faster and a better starting point then tweaking around in every profile

but there must be a way to translate the profiled signal to a smaller model with only a few changeable parameters and if theres a bigger difference i bet it would be possible somehow to export a profiled pedal and save it as a useable stompbox ...

I use the Kemper live with a Poweramp and a 2x12, just for the stage sound but we got direct into the pa ... the other guitarist plays the same profiles but through a Alto TS115W
    Both sounds great but i always have a problem with distorted sounds and a tweeter ... the sweetspot is so small and the sound changes so extremely (to my ears) while you move around on stage... BUT i have in the studio Coaxial speakers from Tannoy, and i Already tested some active monitors with coaxial speakers and these are PERFECT! ... they are flatter and crisper then normal guitar speakers but don`t have the problem with the sweetspot

you mean the input clean sens? hmmm i`ll check it out but i don`t have any factory rigs on my kemper ... so volume wise it`s a mess ... sometimes
    the normalizing implies that it has no compression i only sets the volume of the amp profile automaticly to a the point where it reaches 0db ...

i used the axe fx before the kemper and the only thing i miss are the delays and reverbs on that thing

A problem on so many Multieffectunits the some amps are louder than others and live it`s so annoying.... the solution would be a normalizer to make every amp evenly loud ...

a internal test signal that goes through every amp und normalises the amp volume to, let`s say, 0 db or minus 3 ... that would take a few minutes but it would be awesome

on some profiles i have on the x-slot an eq and on the mod slot a compressor ...
    it would be cool to have a "post effects" or "studio effects" effect combiner ...
    to have in the x-slot more than one effect, a eq, a compressor, gate and so on ...
    or a multiband compressor ...

something with combines eq and dynamics just to make it more easier live and in general

something like a channel strip ... know what i mean?

really? didn`t knew that thanks ... but if turn the gain and the presence for example on the amp down, the profile has sometimes strange highs (mostly when i use the sm57) and the other way of doing it smoothes the highs a bit wich can be boosted without creating an ulgy tone so for me it works just fine for a tight tone ... maybe it`s easier to take a better mic in the first place but i only have a few :D

I tried many Microphones and there are three that really suprised me.

1.A cheap measurement Mic
    I just thought something very linear like a measurement mic could do a really good job, and it did. But the thing was,
    the signal from the preference amp and the profiled one sounded very different because the polar pattern and room and so on
    but when i changed the cab on that profile it worked very well and it sounded better then the profile i did only with the sm57...
    somehow the measurement mic captured more of the gain structure.

2.The Rode k2
    I only teste that one for clean and medium gain, but i`m really impressed the profiles are very "in your face" and not harsh or something
    i`ll test it for highgain soon...

3.The Audiotechnica mb2k
    i also have a few sm57 but the mb2k is just awesome try it if you can! (i use it even as a live mic for singing perfect for growls shouts etc. ...)
    it sounds fuller as the sm57 and the highs are more even... a really really good mic imo

AND
    two sm 57 into a Digital mixer very thin corrections minus 3-5db at around 5k (depends)
    the two sm57 absolutely parallel and close to each other, then change the position of one mic until it cancels out the noise in the upper frequencies
    very good for highgain imo ...

Another tipp ... sometimes i make a second profile with the maximum of gain in my amp because when
    i turn the gain down afterwards in the finished profile it sounds more dynamic and clearer it don`t why exactly but it sounded better
    try it out mabye it`s just a psychological thing ^^

What are your tipps for better Profiles? Favorite mics or mixtures of mics?