Posts by Krok

Awesome! Well played and the sound is spot on. Very nice :thumbup:

So we should wish that the sun doesn't come out more often in order to hear more great tunes from you? Sorry, can't do that. Have a great start after your vacation... whatever you do 8)

Haha !…Thanks Deadman ! …Whish you the best too! :)

Hi,

It's end of vacations...sun is not here...but I had fun to attempt a cover of this "classic" song from Guns 'N Roses, hope you will enjoy! :D

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks deadman42 !

To be honest, I don’t think to have great technical skills (i’m an autodidacte player and play only with my ears).
    I do my best to transfert emotion in my playing, that’s why I really appreciate your feed back! :)

Thanks Wrbi !

I think nothing is impossible! ...my moto : "just trying to put a piece of my heart on my fingers"

Sometimes it works well...sometimes it doesn't...8o

For all "purist fan" of Steve Vai, I know it is not 100% accurate as I'm playing with ear learning...please be indulgent. :)

Hi

I continue to tweak Maurizio's "Bogner Ecstasy" profil, to attempt a cover of a great song of "Alien Love Secrets" Steve Vai's album : Tender Surrender.

This song is magical (I love the crescendo of the voicing...the expressivity of the playing)...

I try to reproduce the feeling and energy of the song...but with my own interpretation and understanding of the song...:)

Hope some great vibes will be shared !

Maurizio, your profile is excellent! Thanks! :thumbup:

I just add a Green Scream stomp in front of the amp, changed the EQ and play with the "Volume knob" and the "pickups positions" on the guitar for the differents parts of the song.

The wah is a Morley Bad Horsie 1.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

Ahhh I’d like to try that Rig! Due to live was the first song by Vai that I could play more than a couple of bars of

Hi,

You can find the profile made by Maurizio here :

https://www.maurizio70guitaris…er/steve-vai-die-to-live/

For my needs of this cover, I have just tweak it to match the best as possible to the « original » tone with my gear (Ibanez Jem 7Vwh from 1993) : post EQ, delay, reverb and amp part (less gain etc).

Hope you will have fun with the profile of Maurizio, it’s an excellent point to start with!

Worderful!

I love a lot this wonderful piece from Steve. You played it greatly.

In the past I made a sound for this song and just learned the intro. Just curious if you check/discover it...

Hi Maurizio !

Thanks a lot!

Yes, you are the boss!! Humble respect ! your profile is excellent and I use it for this cover.

It was a beautifully starting point, I tweak it a few, to match for my equipment.

A big part of the work was already made by you! …I just have to play the song with my heart and try to share some feeling… :saint: …great thanks!

Hi,

"Die to Live"... that's a good philosophical question! :)

This is a 3-pieces band setup, it looks simple, but IMO, this song is not easy as it seems to be...

I tried to put a lot of feeling and my heart in this interpretation, it was a great moment of fun and reflexion for myself.

Hope it will be shared...

hi!

This is my attempt of a new cover of one of the most beautifful song of Steve’s 7’s song... « Hand on heart ».
    I used the original « naked soundtrack », and like the original, a Bogner Ecstasy profil with my Jem 7vwh (1993).

This song is for my cat (RIP)...he passed away a few weeks ago...and it was a song he loved a lot! Every times I was listening this song, he came on my legs and started « ronron »...

hope you will enjoy.

Hello,

Satriani’s album « Surfing with the Alien » and particularly this title « Satch Boogie » has rock my teenage.

I attempted a quick cover to remenber the good times!

Not perfect, but hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed playing! 8)

Edit with the video :

External Content youtu.be