Posts by Alucard2142

Hello everyone,

Nothing special here, i just wanted to post pictures of my rack solution for the Kemper Head.

I´ve been searching for a solution like this for quite a while now. Mounting the Kemper Head in a rack would have been the better solution, but i also wanted to have access to all the connections on the front. So i did some work and modded the original Thon case for the Kemper Head and the remote.

Now it includes also a PoE injector (so i don´t have to use the ethernet cable from Kemper anymore) and i can still place my 2 pedals in there.

The remote is mounted inside the lid of my second rack, wich includes my In Ear monitoring, my wireless transmitter/receiver and such stuff.

Second rack is not finished yet but i will update this post as soon as i have finished that as well.

I´ve been playing with the profiles since last week and i´m absolutely impressed! This is high quality work.
    You can use them straight outta the box if you want to say so or do some tweaking but the most important thing: the profile itself is really balanced and offers you a wide range to play with.

The cabs are offering you even more possibilities. There aren´t that much cab-packs around with this quality i have to say.
    Like mcmafia said, the pack contains a whole range of sounds. Whenever you´re searching for a good clean tone, a crunch tone for some blues/jazz stuff or some straight-to-your-face-high-gain profiles, you´ll find them in this pack for sure!

Definitely a MUST HAVE pack for every KPA-user.

I´ve found a bug in the new OS regarding the Cabinet section. It apperas if you´re using a cab from a user (like Till´s Cabinet Pack).

I´ve upgraded my Kemper to OS .2.3.0 Beta and was wondering about the lot of mid-Frequenzes in my sound. So i checked all the parameters and the cabinet section. The high and low shift parameters were set to +0.0 and +0.0. I turned the low shift parameter to <0.0> and the problem was solved. So i saved the rig.

Then i switched to a clean rig and back to the rig with the problem. And it appeared again! So i kept playing my guitar while switching between the problem rig and the clean rig. And i could hear clearly that there are those heavy mid-freqenzes about 4 or 5 times out of 10 when i switched the rigs. so it´s not like this is a constant bug.
    Hope you understand the problem^^

Wie natürlich und echt (praktikabel) funktioniert eurer Meinung nach die Transpose Funktion?

Ich finde, dass der Transpose Effekt gut genug klingt, um damit live um bis zu 2 Halbtönen hoch oder runter zu stimmen. Habs jetzt selbst mehrmals probiert und ist echt klasse.
    Allerdings muss man ggf. beim runterstimmen noch einen Booster in der Stomp Sektion mit reinhängen. Ich hab zumindest für Transpose =-1 und Transpose=-2 mir extra nochmal mein Hauptprofil etwas angepasst und mit Bosster, EQ usw gearbeitet und bin jetzt sehr zufrieden mit dem Ergebniss. Endlich kann man mit einer Gitarre alle Stimmungen abdecken, die man im Normalfall so braucht^^

Hello everyone. I noticed a Problem with the Effect/Stomp Section while Rig changing via MIDI today. When you´re editing an effect/stomp and youre changing your Rig via MIDI (i´m using an Line 6 HD 500 as a MIDI Board) WITHOUT leaving the editing screen first, the selected rig name won´t appear on the screen. Everything you see is the screen of the effect/stomp editing menue for the button you´ve pressed before.
    For Example:

I´m using my High Gain Preset and want to edit a wah pedal in the stomp section. So i´m holding the "A" Button until the editing menue appears. When i´m changing the Rig via midi now, the next rig gets selected but i still have the screen of the Stomp "A" Button. And from that point on you can rid of this setting only by turning the kemper off an on.

Has this Problem already be mentioned? I´m using the newest firmware btw.

i hope you understand what i mean^^

Hi everyone. I´m currently using my POD HD500 as a MIDI Controller for the Kemper and i wanted to turn all effects in the effect-section off an on with just a single stomp. But i can´t find the CC-Number for the Effects-Button. Is there a CC-Number for this button?

Is it high gain rigs that make the output LED red? - Yes the LED starts turning red if i´m using a high gain profile from the internet. (Starts turning red means.....well ist 99% green and you can see the red LED flashing a litlle little bit.)
    But its not high gain rigs only. For some Clean Profiles i can see an even stronger shining red led. (About 70% green and 30% red. High gain 95-99% green and 1%-5% red)

Can this be changed by modifying Distorted Sense?-
    A little bit. but only in the Clean Profiles. I turned it up to +5 Distortion Sense. Then the led gets about 60%red (!). if i turn it down to -5 then its about 80% green.The high gain doesn´t seem to be affected that much. I can hear a clear difference between -5, 0 and +5 (currently i´m using 0 dist. sense) but the led is doing the same thing like always.

Do factory rigs go red as well on your unit?- Not until i used them to create an own profile (for example: i used a profile of an marshall jcm from Uwe Bossert and increased the Treble and presence. i also added a transpose in the stomp section and turned down the gain a little bit. Now i can see the same led light like when i´m using my favourite high gain profile.)

i have to say that it differs from rig to rig. Sound is still awesome, so its not like i´m having a problem with that. I just wanted to know what it means if the led begins to turn red and what will be the effect for my sound.

EDIT: What i noticed a few minutes ago: if im using the transpose switch with -1 the the led contains more red than the same profile without the transpose.

Is it possible to activate more than just one effect by pressing one button with a MIDI-Board? I´m using my old HD500 as a midi board currently and i want to turn on the reverb and the delay with just one stomp of the Hd500.

possible or not?

ups sorry, i just turned the kemper on and controlled the setting. The distortion sense is indeed at 0.0 (about 7 o´clock?) well i turned it off cempletely to summon it up^^. and the volume is at 12o´clock for every rig.

to summon it up: if the LED in Master output begins to turn red it means that my main output signal is kinda high. am i right with this guess? and to reduce this i have to turn down the volume of the profile or the distortion sense of the input section.