Posts by Alex6534

Thanks for all the replies guys, I play primarily metal but with a few clean/crunch sections so a bit more headroom would probably be better. If only they did a Magnum 88! I'll have a look at the velocity, although I've heard it can be quite noisy?

Right folks, I'm looking at buying a power amp for my next Kemper (probably unpowered rack), I'm looking for a cheap and portable solution that will allow me to use cabs when necessary. At the moment kemper goes to FOH and we usually use Alto TS115As for monitoring but a few venues prefer to mic up cabs, so we would like to have that option. I'm looking at the magnum 44 as well which looks promising. In this band I primarily play hard rock/metal with cleans here/there, do you think the 44 would have enough headroom? Also open to suggestions for other power amps, although not the matrix series as they are out of budget.

What we're thinking of doing is getting a Line 6 StageScape M20D and IEM so we have complete control over our monitoring. We're looking at the Sennheiser EW300 and the Carvin EM900. How many receivers would we need for a 5-piece band?

If you already have a means for using the current KPA in your live setup (i.e. separate power amp), you could always use amp sims for recording your tracks - that would give you the DI in the DAW - and then reamp for a better tone when bringing the KPA home every once in a while :)

See that's the issue I don't have a poweramp, at the moment we have a 12U rack so space is pretty tight. Also the rack stays in our rehearsal room 40 miles away

See this is currently my debate...I have the lunchbox non powered model (bought it before the rack/power rack was available) and now I have the funds to purchase another, but my main reason would be to put a power rack version in the rack and take the lunchbox model home for recording, whilst I can still leave one in the rack for gigging. Although the procrastination could be overwhelming :P

Yeah we'd all be going for IEM, the others were recommending ones like the shure psm200...but I don't see the point in going budget with IEM as it can have the opposite effect if there is static or latency.

We use Alto TS115A's in the rehearsal room at the moment and usually take them on stage for our own monitoring but with IEM was curious if we would still require them. The less gear we have to carry the better!

So, my band are looking at taking the plunge with a Sennheiser ew 300 IEM, at the moment we're playing mainly small-mid size venues (100-500 capacity) and curious how folk have found running IEM with the Kemper? One thing that's concerning me is stage volume, fair enough if you're playing large venues that have the PA blasting everyone including those at the front but for venues that have smaller PA do you still use powered monitors or cabs?

In terms of tubes warming up, sure it may take them that amount of time to become fully active, but you're talking 10 seconds for it to turn on and get up to the set volume, hence my request. Just now I've got barely 50 rigs on the kemper and still it is about 30-40 seconds, that's literally the only complaint I have with it, I'd let go of my toes before I let go of the kemper :D

Main reason for wanting this i due to the boot time, played a show with my band a while ago and the other guitarist's Kemper cut out in the last chorus of our last song haha! Never happened before so can only put it down to dodgy power source, however the fact it took 40-60 seconds to load meant that by the time it booted up, we were done. I love my kemper to bits and would never consider selling it, but this always plays in the back of my mind now. There's no need to create an entirely new Kemper, but an upgrade to the DSP for current and future owners would be wonderful.

Hey MeamBobbo, was a huge fan of your Pod HD guide over at ss.org and it helped me to no end in getting a better tone, the things you had to do in that thing were unreal haha. Looking forward to what you can add over here, your first post already answered a few of my questions. Can see CK appreciating your work immensely.

Yep, these sound freakin great..

Guys let this be a lesson, there is alot to learn just from listening to these in my opinion. THIS is what a well micd amp sounds like for sure, for modern metal. If you don't think these are in the top 5 percent of available profiles publicly, you are nuts! just track with them, the difference will be clear in a mix, I guarantee it. :D Thanks Lasse, really great job.

So VESmedic, how do these compare to the others you've tried, Sneaps/Corey's etc? Listening to Trivium's album and holy shit....! I reckon Lasse's could stand up.

Just now I'm using Fluff's 5150 III for rhythm, just changed the cab and added a studio compressor and it sounds amazing! Also using r.u.sirius profile of a Herbert with eq/delay/reverb for lead, an the Fender Champ 1967 for cleans; planning to try out a few of the amp factory's amp pack 5 profiles though, a mark V and an Ironheart are calling my name..