Posts by badtoneno

I have to go against the grain here - I haven't played one dual mic profile that I've really liked (exception is some of Tills dual mic'd cabs). I seem to always hear some phasing that drives me nuts or something unnatural about them. I really like Armin's method a lot. With that being said, I don't do a lot of recording & just gig in a bar band & probably gravitate mor toward the amp in a room sound.

Sure, Diezel and Rectifier are metal monsters... but they're much more flexable than most people think. For my opinion the VH-4 is one of the best amps ever built and the Rectifier's got this awesome deep mid-boost.

Guenter is right on- the Diezel VH4 is one of the best amps ever made IMO. I owned & gigged one for over 5 years in a classic rock cover band. I broke my neck and back in a bad cycle accident and can't lug gear anymore. Armin's profiles of the VH4 are spot on. I found the tone I used on every channel in that pack. Now I can gig my old amp & carry it anywhere I want in the KPA.

I seem to get a lot of distortion on that zoom rig-could be my Wolfgang's hot pickups. The other one works better for me. Had a really nice one in the HD500- gotta see if I can grab that somehow.

Picked up the Diezel. It also is amazing. I gigged a VH4 for 5 years so I know how it's supposed to sound. This is spot on in tone AND feel. I love the way you profile and tag them Armin- makes it very easy to pick out what's going on for whatever guitar is used. The only issue I had with the real VH4 was it could be a bit too tight, especially for leads on CH3. No problem with the KPA- just turn up the sag and it's exactly the way I need it. :thumbup:

That's exactly my experience, Armin's Plexi ist the best Marshall-profile I heard so far, there's just one negative thing about it: I wished I would have had Armin's Plexi-profiles earlier... (I'm in the middle of producing a solo-album).

The prize-discussion I can't follow anymore, 20 EUR are too expensive for 43 awesome profiles of a handwired Plexi? I don't get it....

OK- I bought this profile after hearing your clip and the feedback. I'm astounded also. I've been loving the KPA and going through a lot of Marshall's. This is the best by FAR! The feel is incredible and the Elmwood cab is magic. I love the way the profiles are organized and marked- very easy to see what's going on. I have a '72 50w Plexi with matching greenback cab and this rig sounds even better than my own.

Also, if you like the more amp in the room experience, this is it. As for price- worth every cent and more. IMO, $20 for a profile of this quality is well worth it. I've spent 10 times that on pedals that delivered far less. If the Diezel VH4 is this good (hopefully uses the Elmwood cab) I'm buying it. I could gig all night on this profile alone. I'm not one to gush over new gear but this profile makes me feel I'm hearing the full potential of the KPA.

The old posts in this "Free Rigs and Profiles" sub-forum are a great way to see what people thought of the rigs when they were first posted. It took awhile, but I eventually read just about all of them.

Very true Paul- I've had my KPA almost a month and still reading. As a new user I want to sincerely thank you for all your help & the great profiles!

First gig with mine tomorrow - cant wait but do have some nerves.... ;)

That's exactly what I was concerned about the- double AD/DA conversion. I'm have the HD setup for stomp boxes on the KPA for FS1-4. Due to the HD needing stomps in those slots, I'm thinking I may need a work-around- maybe noise gates set to do nothing.

Love the tuner on the KPA but hate to turn around onstage & deal with it- floor is so much easier. Still haven't figured out where I'm putting it since I'm going straight to FOH with no cab. Have to find some type of stand.

This unit is a godsend for me as I have a broken back & neck so lugging gear is a thing of the past for me!

This is an awesome PLEXI profile! I have a '72 50 water that doesn't break up til it is way loud- this reminds me a lot of it- especially with a Tills cab I threw in. I'm going to gig this in a week or so!

Well done! I have mine set to automatically come on when I move the pedal, so I have the Stomp turned on in the Rig, with no separate switch assigned to turn the Stomp on and off from the MIDI controller.

It did take me awhile to get used to the idea I didn't need to push a button. But, that button could be used to turn a different effect on/off.

Take a look at the "How old are you?" survey. Plenty of grownups here, of all ages. (not that musicians ever really grow up...)

Paul- I'd like to give that a try- how do you set it to automatically come on? Thanks!

Ok-got it to work on another patch- Exp 1 has to be on CC1 AND Exp Toe has to be on CC17 in toggle mode. Believe me I read all the manuals, posts, etc. & I never saw this spelled out - if I missed it, I apologize!

On another note, I'm an old guy, a former tube purist & gig a few times a month. Having owned a lot of the profiled amps, I'm really impressed with how close they sound and feel! Can't wait to use it live...