Posts by Ramjam

On trying to install the new Rig Manager Beta I get this error ............... ( Be patient..... I am not that clued up :) )

" 64bit operating systems are not supported by this installer. Please download the Rig Manager Installer for Windows 64-bit instead.
    http://www.kemperamps.com/"

which leads me back to the original support source .
    Anyone know?
    Thank you.

The majority of our sentiments exactly. Please don`t walk away from the best thing that`s happened to guitar since the first amp made. It might be more difficult when the penny drops and you attempt to buy back. Just saying.

Thats not too great man! I have personally had the exact opposite experience with their help line. I guess stuff happens as I could name a good few companies that have NEVER returned my mail only to find a glitch in the system somewhere. I wish you all the luck .

............. talking about Frank Gambale ( somewhere?) and closed fisted right hand........... As they say... he virtually "invented / reinvented shredding. Saw him here doing a workshop in the late 80s and that blew our minds. Fer sure!!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah, I don't know either, mate; it's just what felt comfortable for me. Also, I worked with a very, very-good guitarist (as a bass player) professionally when I left school, and used the way his hand looked as a guide (from memory) many years later when I picked up a guitar. All I could remember was the closed fist. The more you close it, the closer to the base of the thumb the pick gets positioned AFAICT.

As I said, it's the pick I was talking about; the closed-fist thing just makes it look even more like my hand - apart from bringing other fingers into it for picking, which I've actually never tried. One small step at a time for me, brother. LOL
    At any rate, I loved the clip. I can only dream of being able to play like that!

For close fistness........ just check on Frank Gambale........... Cant be that bad hey!! ;)

Thanks Lindsay, it's always great to get a positive response for your own music.
    This forum is really unique and I'm finding many interesting topics all the time. And it's not a smartass-forum with endless Kemper vs. this and that-discussions.

BTT: I'm still trying new picks and I have to say that I really love the V-picks. In the beginning the Tradition Lite was my favourite one, now it's the thicker Tradition-standard (2.75 mm), a great allround-pick and also -despite the thickness- great for picking and strumming on acoustic guitars. Nevertheless I also like the Euro 2 and Bullseye very much, even the very thick Diamond is useful for fast runs and jazz-stuff.

This thread really enlarged my horizon, Bert's comment using V-picks started it all. :thumbup:

Hope Im not banging on a bit too much here but someday ( over the Rainbow) give the Dragon Heart Picks a look in. http://www.dragonsheartguitarpicks.com/store/ And another view from Robert Baker........ https://safeshare.tv/x/BDwtUY8AggA ...... From Vinnie`s picks to these was even an improvement for me. Amen............. :thumbup:

I have had the Kemper since inception and still have a problem keeping my mouth shut when it comes to this sort of mental block. I will learn I guess.
    Spot on what you are saying Guenter
    "why shall I use a plastic-doll (Kemper), when I'm able to have a real woman "
    As with my wife, I am married to one woman and only window shop now. :D Same with amps. I have one amp and dont see the reason to change that as in that amp I have multiple women 8)
    Love your stuff Guenter. I got Lost in your Dream!
    Lindsay

Patrick Hufschmid from Aigle...............(a most beautiful place in the Mountains of Switzerland near Lesin Ski Resort.!!) made me a few picks in the early days . They were made from Polyoxymethylene if I recall.......( a thermoplastic used in engineering) and worked very well indeed.
    I see he has now joined the crazy thickness line as well :)
    I have one of his white ones made around 10mm thick. Never could entirely get used to them. They are similar to playing with a brick IMHO.
    Great guy though and a real Genius!!!! . Check his guitars................. https://hufschmidguitars.com/tantalum
    He told me he stomps around in the forests there and uses exotic woods he can find in nature.

I also thought it a bit that way in the old days but I now believe it is software that is easy to use and does EVERYTHING that all the others Ive tried do and the help is very good. I got truly freaked out by the complexities of some DAWS that I tried in the past . My question was always about why they make it so difficult to move around in..............Just my experience though.