Posts by Karl

I went through over 100 profiles yesterday (at around 210+ so far) saving favourites. Going through them in alphabetical order I have found no problems except a few TAF profiles with unwanted artifacts (3 so far deleted). So still trying to find the problematic ones. otherwise, my kemper isn't showing this problem anymore.

This problem has got to be one of the most annoying problems I've come across. Its nearly like asio driver on too low latency settings. Raoul23, have you tried the fixed latency hidden option in the system menu? press the last button above the screen on the last page of system menu.

When usb stick isn't connected while in Browser mode; make the 3rd button on the top row above the screen "add to favourites" or "favourite". Would help me out so much (and everyone else I believe). Please add this function CK!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!

This thread is for listing all profiles with pitch effects settings that are reset by v2.00 firmware that then need correcting. Hope this becomes a reference for those who need the settings. Profile makers especially, please help out if you know your profile is affected.

Format (where applicable);

Profile name:

Pitch Type:

Smooth Chords:

Voice 1 Interval:

Voice 2 Interval:

Key:

Heres a dumb question. What exactly is the Performance mode? DO you take various profiles for example a clean, overdrive, effects, bass and store it all in one 'group' to call up on a song by song basis?

It makes the Kemper function similarly to traditional guitar multi-fx boxes like Line6HD500 or Boss GT10 etc. Groups of 5 profiles make up a "bank" and while in that bank of profiles you can freely switch between the 5 sounds. You could use this method to store your primary 5 sounds or like you mentioned; each bank of profiles could be for a different song. Choice is yours.

2nd one sounds better, as others have said it would also sit in a mix better. I'm 100% certain 2nd one is Kemper.

Exactly how many profiles (stock+rig exchange) are affected by the "Harmonic Shift" settings reset of v2.0 firmware?

Also, can this be overcome if I make a back-up of my profiles, delete all profiles, install v2.0, then, restore my profiles? Or do I still have to re-do the affected settings myself?

For me I think humbuckers sound best on kemper. EMG 81/85 combo works awesome for me...and I've only just started using them. Peavey, Jem555, Tele and Prs player here.

It takes a very particular approach to being a digital preamp, certainly, but still a digital preamp - just like the Pod, XFX and now that new device i can't recall the name of.

That product is the "multiamp". I looked at 2 pages on it, but, sheesh, I havn't even played every amp in my Kemper yet. Andy James sounds really awesome on youtube playing through it though.

Anyway, I think the Kemper is the best thing I've bought this year. I haven't even touched on any of it's features yet apart from messing with reverb and delay and doing 3 profiles. It's so awesome really. Playing it with my PRS Torero sounds awesome and it's giving me the best sounds I've heard at home so far. Seriously, if you get to work on recording you will find it's a really great home-recording tool. I havn't even got my behringer fcb1010 out yet, but, I'm sure there's masses of enjoyment waiting to be had for me and my kemper! :D

well, you have a great job if they don't mind you debating important differences between amounts of UC75 and PCBO chips in your guitar amp for weeks... :P

LOL! Now now, let's not get the guy into trouble. Anyway, the fact this device has usb stick capability already satisfied my GAS regarding profiles. I seriously don't have much time each day to go through my near 1000 profiles atm, only a few each day saved to favourites. At my current rate I think it'll take me at least till end of this year to sort out just my favourites, nevermind deleting what I don't need. There are too many usable profiles as it is plus I have at least 95% of all profiles on the exchange (thanks jojo). It's already more than I'll ever need for recording.

Now, the money I saved from selling a few pieces of gear after buying my Kemper allowed me to get a nice PRS Torero and gulp, I think it might actually be better than my Jem555!

Anyway, I definitely play a lot more now when I pick-up my guitar/s. If you really want an immense library of sounds then check out Guitar Rig 5. Not the best sounding amp sim, but, if you like keeping EVERY preset it'll surely satisfy you.