Posts by Karl

Not sure if I understood correctly, but where do you place the Transpose effect in your Kemper's signal chain? It works best if it's placed before the amp section, especially for overdriven sounds.

1st block, everything else off into PC via spdif of 18i20 into TH3. In my experience, the first block is the only block that it should be used in, or first effect in the chain.

I've found if I turn everything off on the Kemper and just use Transpose -5 (smooth chords off) through computer with a vst like TH3, I get a better sound than using the Drop pedal for distorted stuff. The basic unaffected sound is better using Kemper for sure.

14 ms with default gain of Crunch rig at noon.

11 ms with the same rig with gain at 0.

That looks about right I think from my own experience (it's definately noticable).

I actually really like the Kemper's Transpose effect and I've used -5 as this simulates a 7-string tuning. I think activating "smooth chords" adds a bit more latency as well. However, I've ended-up using a Digitech Drop @ -5 instead of the kemper due to the latency. The Drop isn't perfect either and has a slight warble when playing chords and there's still detectable latency. I also add 2-3 leds of presence to get the tone closer to the normal sound of my guitar.

There's still room for improvement in this field of fx, but, I find the Drop is the most usable atm.

Just to update this incase anyone ever wonders the same.

Apparently, they're using the Avid Mbox Pro (sometimes known as the Mbox Pro 3). I have a Digidesign 003r and when I found out what Toontrack were using, it didn't suprise me. The Digidesign 003r made Guitar Rig 4/5 come alive like no interface I've had could. Not about to get the Mbox Pro, but, yeah, I'm interested...

Yeah, EZ Drummer 2's "Tap2Find" feature is now essential for me when putting drum tracks together. That feature also works with your own midi drum files too which you can easily add to the official library.

I have both EZ and Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer is better for song writing to put tracks together, but, if you put those midi parts into the daw, then, you can always use Superior Drummer aferwards to further fine-tune the sound.

Hi, try disconnecting the device and uninstalling the drivers, then, reinstall the drivers, then reconnect the device. Some times helps because there can be problems with Focusrite devices if you keep them on while installing drivers. Also, try changing USB port.

Also, in the Focusrite control panel set ASIO to "recording".

I also have a bug that I reported to Focusrite whereby if I turn the Kemper off I will lose audio of my 18i20 when connected via spdif. Works fine otherwise, though.

Thanks for chipping in paults, I'd actually thought that too, which is why the palm-mutes (when looking at the wave) is so well controlled. A few days ago I actually asked Toontrack themselves on youtube, but, they haven't responded so I thought I'd ask here (in-case someone here has achieved this kind of quality). I believe I have kinda decent quality guitars, but, the DI sound they have before processing sounds much fuller/thicker than I can achieve atm. "Piss*s me off" is another term I'd use.

Hi, check out the soundcloud tracks for this Toontrack EZmix2 addon, specifically the DI guitar sound before it's processed from

http://www.toontrack.com/produ…guitar-gods-2-ezmix-pack/
    http://www.toontrack.com/produ…guitar-gods-4-ezmix-pack/

I really like how full the DI guitar sounds before processing and palm-muting seems very controlled as well where as my home interfaces would struggle with the attack. Anyone got any tips for hardware needed to achieve that kind of quality DI?

I already have Kemper, Focusrite 18i20 and RME Babyface, but, my DI tone even with the Kemper is nowhere near that full-sounding.

Guitars;

PRS S2 Custom 24
    PRS SE Custom 24
    PRS Torero (EMG 81/85)
    Ibanez Jem555
    Fender Classic player Baja Telecaster
    Peavey Custom

Thanks for your help!

I think you need to look into it. I know for a fact Transpose was no longer in my list of effects after saving a new preset the first time. The only way I got it back was to save my saved preset again and rename it to "Transpose".

Can you select the saved effect via browse knob? Is the setting correct then?
    Is this behavior new with 4.0.5 or did you have this problem before?

I can select the newly saved effect via browse knob, it loads properly.

This is while in browse mode. I don't save the rig like this as I lock the effects so it's the same for any rig I play.

Thanks for clarifying the situation Burkhard. So, I assume the behaviour must be correct and when I save a new fx, I have to browse to that saved effect to change the current one.

Another thing I wanted to note is the first time I saved a Transpose setting it only re-named the original Transpose effect instead of making a new one.

Hi, seems like there's a saving bug in 4.0.5.

I've been saving different Transpose settings, but, for some reason after saving my settings, the effect doesn't revert to the new setting in the current rig and instead stays on the old version. This confused me at first because it looked like the saving option was broken, but, when scrolling the effects list I found my settings. Please look into it, thanks!