Posts by Yarns

Thanks for the comments Robbue & Ingolf, it's such a simple catchy song, couldn't resist giving it a shot.
    Would be a good gigging song if I ever get to gig again!?

Kulie - no, not modelled myself, just downloaded Soldano profiles by L Barta and eq'd them slightly with straight compression in mix .... Also used EZ Mix (not much knowledge of production myself).

Cheers

Hi All

Thought I'd try another post. Just uploaded the well known Vapors track (the only known Vapors track probably, though used to have the LP many moons ago ...)

Anyway, used a tweaked version of L.BARTA's SOLDANO profile + an Ampeg Bass profile.

Used Garage Band and my Suhr Modern - Root Beer flavor for all guitars - hopefully makes for a more Rockier version

I know I'm not a great singer, but gave it a try anyway ...

Hope you enjoy this early 80s classic ... ROCK ON DUDES!!! :thumbup:

https://soundcloud.com/yarns10…the-vapors-better-mix</a>

Thanks for the positive comments guys, And44 - you do some great profiling, Amp Factory profiles are well worth money if anyone is thinking of purchasing.

Quick question, have they found a cure for Kemper addiction yet? :wacko:

Apologies Luntho, checked out your link, what a solid performance!...obviously been playing a good while, very tight sounding band.
    Used to gig in covers band myself back in early 90's playing various local venues, wish I had the time now a days!
    Good to see Lizzy songs still being played!
    :thumbup:

Hey thanks Luntho, checked out some live footage of your band on Youtube (Matthew Street Festival 2011)...awesome stuff man, which were you the one with shades or the dude with the goldtop Les Paul?

Hi fellow Kempers

Had my KPA for a few weeks now, and finding it very difficult to switch off!

Thought I would post a cover of Jailbreak as it is a fairly simple song to do ( yeah I know it's not technically perfect, and the drums were a guess with EZ Drummer and I'm not the best singer! - Hell I'm not even a singer!).
    I was really eager to hear what the KPA was like recording in Logic.

The guitar profiles used were:

44-JCM800 Drive
    44-JCM800 DM-

Both by And44. Also used a touch of an actual Tube Screamer TS7 (mod chipped)

Bass:

Black Bass Crunch - M.Franzkowiak

Heres the link: https://soundcloud.com/yarns101/jailbreak-thin-lizzy

Many thanks for taking the time to listen.

Cheers

Hi KPA'ers

Having just ordered a KPA (should be delivered tomorrow 8o !), just wondering if I can run the KPA into the POD X3 Pro (basically using it as a recording interface into Logic).

Would this work? If so what would be the best way of connecting to it, S/PDIF has been mentioned a few times on other similar posts, and I do have a lead for it, but have no idea if it is best or not.

It would be great if I could have a head start before it's delivered, I'm sure there are many tech savvy types on here to help ;) .

Many thanks in anticipation. :thumbup: