Posts by Themightyjay

I would definitely check out some of Lasse's profiles if you're looking for a decent metal sound. I would also recommend letting your ears guide you, try not to take too much notice of the profile description. All profiles are originally created for a certain scenario which may not fit yours. For example, I play heavy music and think Gojira's latest record sounds great, but the tone matched profile available on the Kemper is not to my taste at all.

"Maybe you need to reread some of my posts... Number 1, I NEVER said I was a pro: quite the contrary, I stated I am not one: however I'm glad someone is not I have an opinion if they aren't a pro. 2: I never once name dropped sneap: I don't know him. Nor did I " name drop" trivium as you like to call it. That was this forums imagination running wild with what I had posted: Do not get I twisted man, actually go read anything I've had to say, then come back and talk to me if you still feel that way. All this " elitist" attitude I am getting portrayed is complete bullshit. I never once had the intention of" bragging" about MY COMPUTER FILES. I DID however give soundclips OF a few profiles, so that THIS FORUM could maybe get a glimpse at what some of the " pros" use for guitar tones on their records... Last I checked, YOU nor NONE of these " closet producers" that you mention, have done that, have they? So now I'm the bad guy here? In my mind, and apparently quite a few others, that is definitely contributing to the forums and the KPA knowledge, sorry you don't see it that way. :) if I come off as a dick, hey I'm sorry, but where I come from people get treated the way they treat others :)"

Sooooo
    many guys I run into just because of my circle of friends and this
    happens all the time. Most recently? Pat obrien (nevermore, cannibal
    corpse) and one of my good friends
    Corey Beaulieu(
    trivium).

For
    what it's worth,
    Corey B
    from trivium is a close friend.

Corey is
    a long time personal friend of mine, I have the profile they used on
    the new record

Yep
    the trivium boys will be usin it exclusively here when they kick off
    their our at the end of July.
    Corey Beaulieu
    of trivium is a personal friend of mine

All
    clips are sounding nice! Lets just say I have good friends . One of
    very good friends just got done doing an album with
    Richardson.
    Corey from
    trivium is a good friend of mine

all my big-time (I MEAN BIG-TIME) friends in the industry (AND I'VE GOT A LOT) said that there ARE Michael Wagener and Andy Sneap rig packs coming,

Well at least I could spare that kittens face then However I can´t tell if your post is purely sarcastic or just the last part[/quote]

hmmmm....I'm gonna go with another mindless moronic (and apparently jealous???) post....Keep punching the kittens instead....meamaboo....you want a hug? I can get sneap to give you one if you want?

To be fair you can see why people get riled up. I'm sure Andy Sneap's profiles are impressive and all, but constantly name dropping Sneap and trying to get one up on people by name dropping Trivium etc just isn't the done thing really, and if you are really friends with them I doubt they'd be that impressed you keep using them as connections just to score a few forum points.

There's a lot of professional players and producers who tour and record on this forum, but keep that info to themselves. If you're a true pro you don't have to name drop to prove it.

Hi all, as the title suggests I'd like to swap my black and green lunchbox for a rack version. In great condition with box etc, I've just started playing live a lot more now and using it with a rack power amp, so having the rack version makes sense.

May possibly swap for a powered rack if the price is right.

Any interest feel free to PM me.

This is all good advice, there's no point stating that the Kemper is not sounding right or capturing the amp correctly if you have no idea what the amp sounds like through the recording setup in the first place.

Thanks nightlight, I have actually previously tried using just one amp on a single setting, the chain was HM-2 > JCM-800 > V30 Cab > SM57. The resulting profile didn't sound bad particularly, it was just missing that half-cocked wah sort of tone and general nastiness, it ended up sounding more like a JCM boosted with a regular overdrive.

I'm sure this has been discussed and requested before but I'd love to see a Boss HM-2 in the Kemper. I know it's a bit of a niche request but I know a few people who rely on this pedal for the core of their tone.

I have tried profiling it as part of a chain but the Kemper doesn't seem to be able to accurately recreate it. For some reason using the physical pedal with the Kemper doesn't really get the same results as pushing it into a valve amp either.

It's not that scary at all! Although you can tweak stuff and play with different cabs and EQ's it's really not necessary to get a great tone. To put it in perspective I was lazing around on my sofa yesterday and all I did was plug my guitar and headphones into the Kemper, flicked through the first few presets and there it was, I was more than happy with the tone I was getting.