Posts by Laimon

The release of a kpa2 would mean the end of software development.

Well, maybe, yeah - but I mean, it is ok to step up the hardware after some point.

People are always asking for improvements, but there's limits to what and how fast can be computed. When you reach the ceiling, either you upgrade the hardware, or start cutting corners.

Kemper has already proved - I would say, after 10 years! - that they're not that kind of company to release a new hardware every 2 years just to get money out of our pockets, so I am sure if they did it would be to actually to bring next-level algorithms to the table, and given the quality shown so far I would buy something like that in a heartbeat.

Me too.

Looking forward to trying it out - I've been a very happy Kemper user for ~6 years, let's see what happens.

On the hardware, you want knobs and buttons (which we have plenty of)

Yeah, my point exactly. One knob for each little thing in the "expected" user path - but the moment you want to deviate from that, it gets ugly. Like with parallel paths for bass DI. Or ambient effects mix in the last two slots. Honestly, I see no clear paradigm to follow in this and many other cases.

And I'm not even blaming Kemper (coming from a period in time when the main player was Fractal, he actually made big steps towards better UX) - I just don't understand how defensive this community has gotten since the QC was announced (cause, c'mon, it is obvious). Would it be SO bad if the KPA team actually learned some lesson from around them and incorporated them in their product?

No serious musician or studio owner would buy a Kemper 2 just for a UI refresh

Why? How is a better interface not added value? Time is a precious resource, if something can get me where I want faster, I'd say "yes, please, thank you" - I don't think that makes me a frivolous musician :P

I don't know if this has been proposed before. I know (though never tried so far) that the KPA can trigger 2 PC commands on 2 different channels when changing rig, but that's quite limited. I think a simple idea, in that it also would integrate easily with the remote, is to add a MIDI block, that can send a sequence of midi messages when activated and another one when deactivated. What do you guys think?

So, by momentary switches I mean you mean what I meant by "soft", i.e. switchless, like those found in Strymon pedals, in the Helix, et cetera?

Ultimately I am considering using *primarily* the KPA, so the remote seems perfect, but I would like to know how flexible it is.

Thanks guys for the help!

Hey guys, after using the KPA for ages but with many other controllers, I am itching to get a remote and - hopefully - simplify my life a little.

However, I have a couple questions still unanswered:

1) what kind of switches does it have? Are the soft or hard?

2) as far as I have read, MIDI control is very limited, i.e. can send 1 PC message on 2 channels when switching rigs, so I imagine one can't configure the stomps buttons to do that. Is my understanding correct?

3) can the additional input be used also with switches, or only with expression pedals? If they can be setup to use additional switches, how does the assignment work?

Thanks a lot for your help!

So, higher latency on the card didn't help a bit.

Browsing through my EMU's manual, I found this:

Seems spot on, right? Except that my card shows the external sync IS locked, and yet the clicks are still there.

This is so annoying =S
    Is it maybe some setting that I might be missing on the kemper?

Hey, wondering if anyone has an answer to this.

So, I have my KPA set up to send the dry signal via SPDIF to my interface, and from there to Cubase. The whole setup is *almost* perfect, except for occasional, very sporadic yet unavoidable, crackling. Like here, after not even one second, you can hear the little crackling: https://soundcloud.com/simone-frau-2

Clearly the Khz are in sync (it would be a lot of metallic noise otherwise), but I read somewhere that I should sync KPA and audio interface on word clock, but I didn't find it on neither of the two.

Any idea?

Thank you all in advance!

Hi everyone!

I am selling my Gordius Little Giant 2, in excellent condition, for 350 euros included shipping in Europe (if you're in Switzerland even better).
    If you know the name, you will know it's one of the most powerful MIDI boards ever (without the huge footprint that others have)...if you don't, the website doesn't pay it justice, but it's a start: http://www.gordius.be/midi-footcontroller-lg.php
    I include also a 9m 7pin MIDI cable and an adapter that allows you to send on the same cable MIDI in, out, and power, all on just one cable!
    I use it with my Kemper and Strymon pedals and I made this crazy setup to control all Strymon's parameters right from the pedalboard, and control the KPA's looper...it's awesome =)
    If you're interested drop me a PM!
    Simone