Posts by Laimon

Agreed.
    Tube amps are still a bit above digital gear, albeit the distance gets gets shorter and shorter (notably since the KPA came out :P )
    There is no need to take sides. One can enjoy both the authentic experience of tube amps as well as the stunning resemblance that the Kemper has to offer, combined with all the pragmatical advantages it brings.

Very Helix-y, no?
    ...and if they're as close in sounds as in looks, then it's a clear pass for me.
    (well, it'd probably be a pass anyway, I'm extremely happy with the KPA and I don't really want to spend my time trying to replace it with whatever)

Once I was playing my powered KPA at home, volume 1 out of 10, and I got a knock at my door. My neighbour was pretty pissed. My neighbour from 3 floors above, that is :P
    So yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about loudness.

Plus, unless there is some architectural impediment that makes it impossible to route the signal through the SPDIF (other than for in and out), I think this feature is a complete no-brainer!

I have a G-Major lying around. I fired up the analog input stage by confounding cables on a dark stage. 200 Watts into the input was a bit too much :D . If the spdif connection allowed me to loop it in, it might still be of some use.

Ouch! Sorry about that! But hey, another use case for our feature request :P

Bump. Nobody cares, I take it.
    To whom it may interest, my intention would be to use Ableton live as more sophisticated looper. Not only connection through SPDIF, with respect to normal audio cables, would save the AD/DA conversions (4 in total), but I also found that the sound quality through SPDIF is indeed more impeccable (weird, cause I am using good cables and a good audio interface, but I find it loses some of the low frequency content)

Hi @HELL-G, thanks for the help!
    I did not tweak with the Reamp Sens but as I understand its function it will be helpful to level the gain level of the guitar once the Clean Sens is set to the optimal level (hitting orange with heavy strokes).
    Anyhow, this seems to answer indirectly my question: there is no way to send the signal at unity gain and get it back at the same level. It might not explain why, but it seems to imply it by the lack of reference to one such method.

Simple conceptual question for the reamping gurus around here.
    So, today I was experimenting with reamping using the SPDIF in/outs, and I was getting very good results, actually! However, I was mostly guessing the levels: on the way from the KPA to my PC, I had to lower the output by at least some 10 db to avoid clipping, and similarly on the way from my DAW back to the KPA, to avoid running the input too hot.
    The strange thing was that instead of compensating what I had removed in input, I had to turn it down also from the DAW.
    Is there a way to make sure 100% that you're sending the dry signal back to the KPA at the same level as you recorded it before?

Yeah, this is exactly why I didn't dive into this product: it's clearly a dead end, most products get out of date in a few years, this is heavily outdated from the start.
    Superpity because it really sounded interesting.

[quote='burningyen','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/26575-Pete-Thorn-did-a-demo-of-the-Helix-I-must-say-I-m-impressed-now/?postID=292348#post292348'Believe it or not, some people like the Helix' amp sims as much as Kemper's.[/quote]

Like, people with hearing impairments? :P
    Kidding - of course - but it still strikes me how people can be excited about this. I have had it for some 2 weeks, it really sucked IMO.

What, with a hack?
    I saw a bit of them working on something a while back but wasnt to interested it being so limited, even with the Remote.
    Haven`t kept up on how far they got.

@Inthrutheout, no hack, just normal MIDI messages. The looper was initially supposed to be only for Remote owners, but since then Kemper made it available to everyone through MIDI. That is actually very honorable of the team, kudos for that :) (but still, give us a volume)

I don't use the looper live, I use it at home as a compositional tool.
    Rolling the volume down is going - of course - to affect the overall gain of the tone, which makes no sense if I am trying to stack 4 metal tracks and it ends up sounding like a country song :P
    I mean, sure there are convoluted solutions, like bringing down the amp's volume before recording so that once you stack all tracks up you get a normal volume with no clipping and no neighbours pounding at your door, but really, doesn't it seem more sensible - given the generality of the requirement and the ease of implementation - that the Kemper team provides this? I bet this takes a few hours work included testing :D