Posts by Jimi71

I got this message from Kemper support as a last-ditch solution (wipes your Kemper clean to factory settings). I'll try it tonight and cross my fingers.

There is one last thing you could try which is doing a flash init. You should only do this if you have a backup of your data since this procedure will totally wipe out the memory content of your Profiler leaving it completely empty until you restore the factory rigs or your backup.

push and hold soft button 1 (top left above display) while switching on the unit into Tuner Mode;
    keep pushing the button until the Booting Maintenance Mode message appears;
    in Maintenance mode push Maintenance, Memory, Init Flash, Yes, Ok, and shut down;
    start Profiler normally, enter your owner name at the end of the welcome sequence, then enter System Menu and push the Factory Rigsbutton. This will restore the factory rigs.

If that doesn't bring your profiler back to life i have to assume that it is suffering from a hardware problem. In this case approach your dealer to get it repaired under warranty.
    Sorry for the inconveniences.

Last night my KPA stopped powering up. The "Kemper Profiler" screen shows, the little bar across the bottom moves all the way across from left to right, then nothing. It just sits there indefinitely.

I've tried:
    - Holding "Rig" down and turning the power dial to Tuner. Nothing.
    - Holding "System" down and turning the power dial to Tuner. Nothing.
    - Loading kaos.bin into the root drive of a USB stick, plugging into KPA, holding down "< and >", and turning the power dial to Tuner. Nothing.

Is there anything else I can try before sending it off for repair?

This is a pretty disastrous occurrence less than 1 week after launching Top Jimi Profiles! I had some great-sounding AC30 profiles that I had just done yesterday that I'm afraid I'll lose now.

Jimi

Thanks stompman. The only meaning to the numbers in the names is the order to which they were profiled. Profile 1 was the first one I did -- the highest number the last. All profiles have either different amp settings, speakers, mic placement, stompbox (Tube Screamer), or all of the above.

If I took the original profile and added some Kemper processing (stereo chorus, etc.) I put a "b" after the profile name.

The profiling process is a bit of an expressive thing for me -- almost like a musical performance. As such, I don't like to stop the momentum and take detailed notes or write a lot of notes into the profiles themselves. Hence, what's included in the profiles for notes is a bit sparse. Sorry -- just my personality, I guess.

I could better rearrange the profiles in the future to be more orderly (1 being lowest gain, etc.), I suppose.

Jimi

As for the Definiton parameter, it is set by the Kemper during the profiling process. The Kemper sets the definition to a setting that it thinks sounds most like the original amp. I assume the Clarity parameter is the same way.....? I just left it as the Kemper originally set it.

This is one of the great things about the Kemper. You have the tools to shape each amp in a seemingly endless number of ways.

Jimi

Thank you everyone for the overwhelmingly positive response to the profiles! I'm certainly motivated to get some more profiles out to you guys soon. We've got a Vox AC30 in the studio now and I'm excited to get to work!

Jimi

Rescator, thank you! I didn't mess with the clarity and definition after the profiling process. I left the profiles as "organic" and untouched as possible. With the exception of some EQ on a few of the profiles, they sound exactly as they did when captured in the profiling process (the original amp tone). That way, you guys can tweak them as you see fit or just use the original amp tone.

Jimi

Garrincha, thank you for the kind words. I have two old Marshall cabs, one with Greenbacks and one with V30s. Unfortunately the Greenbacks are not the originals (they were gone when I got the cab) but they are the next-best thing -- the Made in England reissues with the 6402 codes.

Jimi

Thank you db9091! I really appreciate the feedback and the kind words.

I haven't put any compression on the clean patches in order to leave that to the end user to add and adjust to their tastes. Thus, the perceived volume is highly dependent on the player's individual picking attack. The distorted patches are naturally compressed, so the volume is pretty constant regardless of playing style.

So, I just set them to what worked for me and will let you all adjust the volumes as you see fit. :)

Jimi

There is a link for the package discount. Click on any of the "Buy" buttons to bring you into the store front. One of the 9 items is labeled "All Profiles" and has the volume discount. Thanks, Jimi

Hello Kemper Users,
    We've launched a new site with pro-quality profiles for the KPA.

Our site is located at: www.topjimi.com

We currently have 8 amps profiled, with more on the way. Amps we currently have available include:

1968 Marshall Super Lead 100W
    1974 Lee Jackson Modded Marshall 50W (used by Paul Gilbert to record the first two RacerX albums)
    1978 Marshall Mk II Lead 50W
    1964 Fender Bassman
    1970 Fender Dual Showman Reverb
    1963 Gibson Falcon
    1986 Laney AOR Pro-Tube Lead 100W
    1960's Sano 160R

We have demo videos and high-quality audio clips available of each amp for you to check out.

Profiles are $5.99 for each amp, or $39.99 for all 8.

Please check it out, and we look forward to hearing your feedback!

Thanks,
    Top Jimi Profiles

[Blocked Image: http://www.shop.topjimi.com/images/1393438488338812340676.jpg]