Posts by ragingben

Hey everyone, my names Ben.

I'm very interested in getting a Kemper (to the point of joining the KPA forum!), although I haven't been able to afford one yet.

When I do finally get my mitts on one I'm planning to take all my gear down to the local studios and get profiling! In particular I have a fantastic sounding Traynor YCV50 Blue which is 120v so using it here in the UK is a PITA as it means lugging around an external transformer, plus the amp cuts out after 20 minutes or so of use which makes it a no go for live use - having a profile of it will be like getting an old friend back from the dead!

At the moment I'm debating the power head version - the initial outlay is a fair wad more than the standard Kemper but in terms of portability it's got to be worth it in the long run compared to lugging about an external power amp. Ideally I was planning to use it without a guitar cab, but for jamming with friends I think I will probably end up needing a cab. Many of you guys using the power head version, and if so do you think it is worth the extra? Also, do many of you guys end up using pedalboards with your Kempers or just the Kempers FX?

Ben