Posts by ragingben

It's a lovely idea but in realistic terms the market for selling a Kemper stomp is limited to only Kemper users, which is a tiny proportion of the guitar market, reduced even further by the number of users who would pay out for a simulation of a pedal when their is a heap built in from factory. Like all companies in these days of their resources aren't unlimited and would almost certainly be better spent developing gear that isn't limited to a relatively small market.

I love the idea but I would be amazed if Boss or EHX would go for this, there isn't much in it for them - the Kemper market is very small compared to the rest of the guitar market.

I agree, it is the most natural way I can think of it working, and it is a much needed change in my opinion.

The current method actually puts me off using presets because it's so unintuitive and if you have autoload on so unpleasant on the ear :D this has been discussed before, hopefully it's something the kemper guys will consider for the future.

I agree, it seems from the outside an easy change. Additional categories are something that is sorely missing - when the direct amp profiles came into play I feel kemper really missed a trick having a category for them so that they could be distinguished and filtered easily.

The Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail delay allows you to insert an effect that is only applied to the wet delayed signal - it's a really fun feature and opens a lot of doors sonically.
    Something on the Kemper like this would be amazing - if you could have a parameter on the delays that could be 'Use slot on wet' and allow you to select a slot number, and this effect gets taken out of the main chain and only applied to the wet signal.

Thanks for you answers!

Filtering fx presets based on chosen effect type has been requested and is indeed missing. It's stupid to jump over distortion presets if you want to set a tremolo. And with over 100 of new delay presets (273 presets in total) it slowly becomes unusable.

I agree.

Filtering by merged/DI might be not possible, because simply *.kipr files may not carry that information. That's my guess, but it's been also requested since such kind of profiles became available (3.0) and it isn't available yet.

It would be great to get some confirmation of this. To not have included a flag in the profile for this kind of information would be a bit of an oversight though don't you think?

As for guitar only rigs, you can use sorting in "Instrument" column in Rig Manager. In KPA you can apply a view (1st soft button) for "Just Bass" rigs.

I know about the "Just Bass" filter, but this doesn't help if you want "Just Guitar" and want to exclude bass rigs.

Thanks for the suggestion @skoczy, it would work if I only had the rig packs, but I've got loads of one off rigs from the exchange that would get mixed up in between. If you could do folders for an amp you could also put in profiles of the same amp from different profilers where the naming convention is different, and still have all profiles for one amp in one place.

When I browse rigs my thought process starts with "what amp do I want to play now" and not have to remember the way a rig was named, which is often started by authors name and not the manufacturer or model.

The KPA is an amazing product, in terms of features there isn't much that I'm personally left wanting at all at this point. In my opinion the only things that really could do with revising now are interface based: this, only displaying fx presets for the load fx type, and being able to filter rigs by additional tags such as studio, merged, DI/DA, guitar only etc.

I think it would be really useful to have the option of browsing by folder when selecting rigs.

Here's the case: I have a few rig packs now, for example say I have a Bognor Shiva and a Tripple Rectifier amongst other packs. Both packs have upwards of 30 profiles each, so when browsing normally by name I have to scroll through 30 Bognor profiles to get to the Tripple Rectifier.

Now imagine I could use Rig Manager to create a folder on the Kemper for each pack, and then put the profiles in them. Then when I browse on the KPA the single folder would be displayed in the rig pool instead of the 30 profiles for that pack, and one of the soft buttons could open it which would then just display the profiles in that folder with another soft button to step back to the rig pool/folder pool.

I'm not in front of my kemper at the moment so I can't be sure, but isn't this possible using tremolo? I think I remember seeing stereo on there or something similar?