Posts by ragingben

Hey guys, my band ThisFire released a new EP last week, it's called 'Demons'. Although there's actually no Kemper on it (I had good intentions to use it but in the end just used my trusty Orange Rocker 30 head!) please check it out if you get a chance!

We're streaming it on soundcloud at

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

We've also done a quick video for the lead song from the EP "Wrong Things" over on YouTube:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Our bandcamp page is https://thisfire.bandcamp.com and reverbnation is http://www.reverbnation.com/thisfireuk

We're a UK bank based in West Somerset, originally from Minehead. The EP was recorded at Yak Music Studio in Wellington, highly recommended if you're in the west country! Cheers, Ben.

I haven't tried the presets yet but just playing through the new types and messing about I'm very, very impressed! Whatever Ck announces at NAMM I promise I will wait patiently for no matter how long it takes, this was well worth the wait!

I'm sure delays will come when the KPA team feel they are ready. I trust the KPA team and am sure they will make it worth the wait

Agree 100%, but I can't blame people for getting a little impatient when we are teased with them sooooo far in advance. I'm torn - I love that we get a preview of what's next, but it's a shame there's such a big gap between reveal and beta.

I think this is a great idea.

I'd love to be able to be able to use the remotes fx footswitches to send midi cc or pp. If each midi 'fx' block could send both an 'on' pc or cc value when the fx is activated and an 'off' pc or cc value when deactivated it would be incredible because rather than just looping in a pedal with the loop fx block we currently have we could toggle presets on a midi enabled pedal or other external gear too.

I'll pay €10 for an editor just so I don't have to keep reading threads requesting one! In all seriousness though I am pretty surprised we haven't seen one by now. It isn't top of my wishlist, in fact I'm surprised how important it is to most people, but it would certainly be useful, even just from a managing presets point of view.

Maybe weird suspicion, but maybe profile *.kipr files DO NOT have a marker/flag that they are DI profiles, then it would be impossible to do any action depending on the profile type (like loading default cab for DI profiles).
    It would be also impossible to show only DI profiles by soft button 1.
    Just thinking...

This could be the case, but it would be disappointing and IMO a massive oversight by team Kemper who consistently are one step ahead. When 2.8 and then 3.0 came out the DA/Merged profiles were the killer feature, I'm still surprised 18 months on we can't filter just these profiles. A default cab could be really useful as a feature for sure.

Sorry to hear that soundroi. I've come across the same thing myself, I bought an Orange Rocker 30 a few months back as a gigging amp, really dig it so tried making some DA profiles and I had a similar type thing: lots of horrendous low end and clips the output straight away. Using a Behringer Ultra GI100. I may have been doing something wrong, but I've profiled quite a few times before with no problems. I wonder if others have the same experience with certain amps, the Rocker 30 is a common amp and at last check no DI/DA profiles on the exchange.

I find I have to crank it to a similar volume through my 2x12, anywhere between 5.5 to around 8ish, where as my Orange cuts through really well at a much lower volume.

What will be really interesting is when I get around to profiling the Orange - to see if those profiles cut through at a lower volume than other profiles do.

A lot of commercial merged profiles, to me, sound too dense and full bodied as stock through my cab. I made an output preset for my cab for live use, which has a lot of the monitor bass rolled back and a little bit extra trebble and and good chunk more mids, and this helped me sit a lot better. You could just set and forget, but if I get a chance to play louder on my own I have another preset I call up to put the monitor EQ bass mids and trebble back again.