Posts by ragingben

Just had my first real run through with the new fw... So far loving it. Consolidation of delays into Legacy Delay suits me really well, didn't like losing delay presets but no biggy and I know they are there somewhere should I need to dig around in the future. Putting a delay infont of the amp I could get much closer to my Malekko 616, so very happy there. Thought that the morphing seems way more powerful that I realised before, it's almost overwhelming! Not quite sure how best to integrate this into gigging yet. Strobe tuner seems cool too although I'll be honest the bubble seems easier to me! All in all an amazing job KPA team, well worth the wait. Only slight disappointment was the well documented behaviour of the type knob in fx selection is still there, and also that merged profiles and cabs still aren't differentiated or filterable, but minor gripes really!

Hi @Mago, thanks for the reply!

They aren't crazy popular but I see them gigging quite frequently. For me the Rocker is *the* Orange sound, even at smaller gigs you can really crank them and they just sound wonderful. But I've heard a few of the guys playing them complain about balancing the clean and dirty channels and no fx loop, which makes gigging merged profiles of one with a real cab amazing because those problems are solved!

I think the Thunderverb is a bit more modern sounding, probably a bit more similar to what you already offer, but the Rockerverb 50 would be a great complimentary pack I think. I'm not 100%, but I believe the Rocker is a stripped back Rockerverb.

Hey Mago, any chance you could look at doing an Orange Rocker/Rockerverb pack at some point if you ever happen to get your hands on one please? I'm struggling to find many merged profiles anywhere, seems crazy for how popular they are.

Best bit of kit I own, but for me the only thing that really gets my goat is that there is no way to tell a merged rig or cab, unless the person who created the profile used a naming convention or added that it was merged in the comments tag. Besides this and the type knob problem (there are already a few threads about) there isn't much not to love!

why would anybody be wanting to do this?
    the Profiler can run the DA profile into a cabinet and send the same profile plus a profiled cabinet to FOH. surely a carefully selected cabinet will sound better than a 'mic'ed in 5 seconds'-cab on stage.

In a perfect scenario I would never do this, but because of quick on stage change-around's sometimes it is just easier than trying to explain to the sound man. I've had situations where even at -20db the XLR outputss are way too hot and clipping his board, I guess because he hasn't compensated and cut the gain on the input.

If we had chance to sound check properly I would definitely take the time to get it set up through the main-outs, but we usually play festivals where there is no sound check, you rock up, quick level check and then you start and in these situations it's easier just to let the sound guys shove a mic in front of the cab rather than explain over the vocal mic's how to the main sound guy how you want him to handle the KPA.

I had the same a few days back. I've rarely profiled much so thought id try some merged profiles, took the studio first, made sure that the no cabinet option was de-selected, profiled all fine, saved then did the DA profile, this time ticking the no cabinet option. When I went to browse mode after to check them out properly the studio profile had cab disabled. Thought it was me going crazy.

Just to chime in again, I experience this problem a lot and assumed it was hardware related untill this thread came up. I was really holding out for a fix in 4.0 because it drives me nuts in a rehearsal or live situation and puts me off changing fx because of the audible chaos it can cause. This is pretty much the only buy I know of that, erm, bugs me frequently.

Some of his points I understand and even agree with, but he lost me at the mention of Joyo... Surely Joyo, Mooer etc that churn out these mass produced replicas of pedals like the OCD are having a much more detrimental effect on the pedal industry, and he clearly supports them. Profiling and returning an amp is wrong, but I can't see this is anywhere near as common as he'd have you believe. I'd always rather own the real amp than the profile but it's never going to be a reality for me. But the KPA has surprised me multiple times where I've been beyond impressed by profiles of amps I'd never normally have considered buying. But how is it different to buying a second hand amp? The manufacturer doesn't profit from any of the second hand sales of any of its gear, and an amp can change hands dozens of times in its lifetime, but they only get one sale.

I think the Einstein is my favourite pack yet, can't wait to try them live. Cleans are really nice, love the low gain profiles too. The higher gain ones are great because they stay tight and defined even though there's a fair bit of gain. Not such a fan of the ppc cab though, just not my cup of tea, that messa cab sounds amazing no matter which DA profile you play through it!

I'm so excited by the new features in the firmware shown at NAMM. The more I think about morphing the more uses for it I can see, and after watching the demos I'm amazed how elegantly the kemper team have implemented it. And as for the delays... Just stunning. Can't really believe some of the negativity and lack of excitement on this forum for what are free features. KPA team get a big thumbs up from me!