Posts by ragingben

I feel your pain, somehow the gain knob on mine had worked off the shaft slightly, and while in the padded case somehow got wrenched up into the body of the KPA, and rolled around slightly, damaging the edge of the knob and leaving a scratch of about 10-15mm. It bothered me for a while, but I've learned to live with it. At the end of the day it's gear, and the enjoyment is in playing and not the looks. Horrible moment when you realise what's happened, but it's best to learn to live with it because it will happen. Good luck repainting if you do go for it, keep us in the loop!

At the moment there is no way of telling unless the person who made the profile added a comment or put a hint in the name, on rig manager try searching for merged. CK has hinted that a way to differentiate between them is in the works. In the end I bought some packs from Origin Audio as they do merged profiles, and found the PRS Archon and Bognor Ubershall packs really good for using with a cab at louder volumes, if hard rock/metal is your kind of thing.

Yup. I like studio profiles for the studio. I prefer merged for live use but have had some luck with studio profiles working with my power amp and guitar cab. I personally like the option of both. As mentioned a few posts above, I think it is almost a no-brainier to include the DI/DA/Merged versions.

Agreed. Before merged came along I got on with cab driver and a 1x12 at the time just fine. I think it's mainly psychological but now, when playing through a cab, I tend to only go to profiles I know are merged because they just seem to feel better to me. I haven't noticed any difference between studio and merged when recording although some users have reported a difference, so to me it seems strange more commercial profilers aren't hooking the DI box up and adopting merged for a best of both approach.

A lot of guys are putting "merged" in the notes... Although this is only really useful when browsing on rig manager. Adding "merged" in the name is ok, but still not ideal. What's really needed is a flag so that we can select "merged" as a filter type. I too play with a guitar cab and only want to use merged or direct amp... I was happy using normal studio profiles before merged came along, but now they are there I can't seem to get my head around going back. I really hope something to distinguish them gets added soon.

Quite... Merged benefits everyone, since merged came out I haven't used anything else live. Best of both worlds. The origin audio packs are merged and they sound incredible, just massive either way.

My head would say spring reverb and stomp delays, maybe a few new remote features. For something big a revision of the fx section would be amazing, just a bit more flexibility and models of more well known stomps would be cool. It would be great to have stomp presets that have controls that match the pedals controls so using stomps was more similar to a traditional setup.

Just downloaded the Bognor pack... Only dabbled but so far I'm loving it! Some really usable profiles in there, actually that's why I think I always come back to your profiles, they are just really solid no nonsense profiles that work great both studio and live with a real cab. Definitely can recommend this and the PRS Archon pack people, especially with the current discount!

Yep I've heard it once since, through the power heads power amp into my cab, while warning up before a band practice, heard it for just 2 seconds and then all was good again. It was on a merged profile. I only heard it once since the upgrade in 2 3 hour practices switching multiple times per song so it is a lot better than it was.

Agreed with a lot of points here, I'm a firmware developer by day and we certainly have releases that focus solely on bug fixes rather than adding new features, it's not that an unusual thing in my experience.

Agreed I'd rather see all the bugs ironed out, everything exactly as it should be, then move on.

If it really is stuff like spill over causing a problem then how about we have the delay section still fixed in the delay module, but also have a simplified (if needs be) stomp delay that can be put anywhere in the chain.

That way we could simulate a analogue delay in front of the preamp, or chain together multiple delays, which are the two things I would imagine most people would want a stomp delay for.

A small one but it would be really nice if a soft button could be used when saving a cabinet preset that allowed the cabinet name from its tags to be used, a bit like naming slots in performance mode where you can take the rig name and use it for a slot.