Posts by lune

It would be great to have in kemper!! It will be super useful and avoid carrying an extra tuner for a specific guitar.

Thanks a lot.. The support sent me a how-to video on how to unscrew it. But they warned me that if I broke any electronics I would void the warranty.. I took my chances now and unscrewed it very carefully. I am really happy I did, because there was a big screw lose in there crashing in to everything.. It was the ethernet circuit board screw.. I carefully fastened it again with a snug tightness, and now it's fixed. Didn't void my warranty

@keem85 would you be able to share the how-to-video?

I have a question about the Kemper Kone speakers.

Will Kemper Kone release the 16 ohm version?

I understand that Kemper Kone can be wired serial/Parallel to become 4 Ohm. in a 4x12 cab.

The reason is my cab has got an ohm switch. If it is turned to stereo mode, it will makes the 2ohm per side.

I think it will make the speakers much more versatile.

I have some similar issue. It seems the connection between PCB board and Spdif socket. It seems the grounding issue. May just need to solder it firmly

Tell us more about that. What are the differences?

Hi Chris,

I am glad to see your reply.

I am not a professional Musician or Music Engineer, so I probably not the best person to professionally tell the sonics differences.

I can only talk about the user friendliness in a customer perspective

I have found that the EQ spectrum with "65hz, 125hz, 250hz, 500hz, 1k, 2K, 4k, 8K, 16K" is quite friendly fo myself to shape the sound, which is similar to the MXR M108S. Currently I am using Studio Equalizer most, but it doesn't have enough bands as the graphical EQ.

I also like the Ping Pong option for the delay. I am currently I am tweaking Rhythm Delay to set as ping pong. I think it would be great to have a have ping pong option, it will make the setup process so much easier.

Stay Safe!!

I wish that Kemper is able to upgrade the effects.

I really love Kemper amp sounds, it is the best in the industry.

However, in terms of effects, it may not be the case.

I have found the Neural DSP Compression, OverDrive, EQ, Delay and Reverb are extremely easy to use

In addition, the sound quality is really good.

I do love the 9 bands EQ and Ping Pong Delay especially.

I do understand there may be some DSP limitations, butI wish Kemper can break through the barriers.

Thank you

Solved,

My Kemper amp has been fixed by Innovative Music which is Australian Certifier Repair. My Kemper powerhead has passed the warranty, which is bought in 2013.
    The turnaround time is only 1 day. The issue was the power supply broken down.
    In addition, since my Kemper bought in 2013, there it should be the early version. The Innovative Music also installed CPU PCB restrainer to the unit.
    Really appreciate the Innovative music - Scott helps.

"Explanation:
    The CPU PCB is a separate board that fits into a a connector on the main board, much the same way a memory fits into a computer.
    On early Kempers’, the CPU board had a tendency to pop out of its holder and rattle around inside the unit.
    This was particularly evident for units that toured a lot and got a lot of bumps along the way."

The cost is not really much.
    $20 - AUD for the KEM_PSU PSB ( I guess it is the power supply unit circuit board)
    $80 - AUD for Labour ( Australian Labour cost usually more expensive than other countries)
    $20 - AUD for shipping ( From Melbourne to Sydney)

Hopefully, it helps other Kemper Users. I have bought the surge power board, hopefully it will avoid the same thing happen again.

HI all,

My kemper got blow as well. I was plugin the power cable and then turn on the wall socket power.
    Suddenly "Pop" sound comes out. I cannot turn on my kemper at this moment. I believe the Kemper PSU is died...

I am calling the service centre soon, to check can they fix it or not

Thanks guys. I have tried last night, it works.
    I will try to play around the settings in the future.

I wish that Kemper can create a mapping for this invert function. Let's say I have

Stomp A - Noise - Gate on
    Stomp B - Wah - on
    Stomp C - Pitch - off
    Stomp D - Tube Screamer - on

If I can alternatively switch between Wah and pitch on off and affecting others. That will be wonderful.

I understand that I can use lock function. However, it seems lock the stomp A and D will happen on every other rig.

Hi I just bought a mission KP1 pedal, it comes with a mono siwtch.
    Currently, the Kemper System share tips allows the mono switch tip only turning a specific effect on/off.
    If Kemper can upgrade that so I can turn on/off 2 or more more effects.

For example,
    switch off -> Delay On and Reverb Off
    switch on -> Delay off and Reverb On

or any other combinations, that would be brilliant.

Regards,

Jeff

Hi guys,

Solved. :thumbup:

I have confirmed I could get it working. It is my Motu - Ultralite mk3 interface problem. I am not it is only the driver problem or the hardware problem of Ultralite mk3.

I have tried to use to my Novation midi keyboard out to kemper, and everything is working Beautifully.

Thank you so much everyone.

Regards,

Jeff

Hi Paults,

First of all. Thank you so much for your respond. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to setup a generic MIDI device in Logic.

Remove Control Change
    I have followed the your instruction, I have removed the CC message. Right now, It is pure program change message on the Midi. However, the Kemper still doesn't provide any respond.

Hi all,

Happy 2015, I wish you all have a great year.
    Recently, I am trying to setup Logic X to send the Midi signal to control my external Kemper Profile Amp changing the patches. Therefore, I do not have to use any foot switch to control the my Profile amp. It will switch the Kemper's channel the along with the Drummer 's click track.

However, it is not an easy job, It looks like the signal doesn't send properly. I wish you guys can give me a hand.

When I play this track on logic, I can see there is midi sending out from the Logic LCD display and my Motu Ultralite mk3 LCD 's display.
    In addition, I am tracked the midi event via the Midi Monitor App

However, my Kemper just cannot recognise any signal change. In Fact, I am trying to follow what Ken does.
    http://youtu.be/eFgivem_NQ4

This is my current setup

Connections
    Motu Ultra Lite mk3 midi out -> Kemper Profile Amp midi in

Logic X

I have created an external midi track on logic
    Port - Profile Amp
    Channel - 1

I have also done some program change on the each bar to try send program signal to kemper
    Value 1 = Kemper Clean Channel
    Value 2 = Kemper Crunch Channel
    Value 3 = Kemper Lead Channel

Kemper

Mode is Browser Mode,
    The Kemper Global Midi Channel is setup as
    1, [/b]which is exactly the same as the logic track channel.

I have also assigned patch on each patch.

Midi Monitor App

On the Midi Monitor App, I have seen that there are some midi activities coming up.

But Kemper is not responding any midi signal.... >.<. I hope you guys can give me some tips..

Hey Lune, I assume you're switching the cab simulation off on the Profiler?
    Apart from this, you might just not like how the profiles you're using work with your cab: they are like real amps, not all amps sound great through the same cab.
    It will not be hard to properly EQ the overall sound for your cab if cab sim is off; also, use the Definition and Clarity controls in the Amp section: they'll do wonders!

Anyway, you've not wasted your money: should you decide one day to switch to FRFR, you can buy a passive cab and be done :thumbup:

Yes, I have switched off the cab simulation.

Actually, In order to make a accurate comparison,
    I have profiled my Real Amp to compare with the Kemper to cab via the same profile and same Cab

Real Amp Chain

VHT GP3 -> VHT 2902 -> VHT Fat bottom to SM-57.

Kemper to Cab

Kemper (Profile VHT gp3 + VHT 2902) -> VHT Fat bottom

Yes, Definition , Clarity control and monitor Output EQ can help!! :)

Thanks for replying my thread.

Hi all,

I have a Kemper powerhead version, I have got it for 4 months, I feel very happy with my Kemper. :)

However, I feel a bit disappointed with the built in power amp direct to guitar cab (with cab sim off).

I bought the Kemper power version, because I would like to use my 4x12. However, the sound is not as good as the tube amp. It seems missed some low and high frequencies. I am sure that a lot of users have got the Powered version and having the same experience, but not using it straight to the Guitar Cab .

I understand that FRFR will sounds the best with the Kemper. I feel like I have wasted money to get the powered version. :(

I hope that Kemper engineer can somehow improve the Guitar Cab out quality via firm update.

Cheers,

Lune

I think I have adjusted reamp sense, when I was when I was using DI SPDIF out to SPDIF in (Kemper). I have tested last night. The clock rate was using the SPDIF. I believe it is using the kemper clock rate as master, and motu as Slave.

However, the sound and tone just really bad.

I have no problem using kemper SPDIF out to Motu SPDIF in.

I may test it with other interface later on in order to find out, is it the kemper problem or the motu problem.