Posts by wayman

I can switch Amp and CAB on and off but if the Stack on may Profiler is turned off - how can I turn it on with the RM?

When I copy a Rig with a turned on Stack to anotherone with turned off it overwrites it and it works - so it stores the Information of it through the copy function but I just need the Stack without copying the Amp and CAP Parameters.

Anybody knows about this subject?

Thx, Marc

A nice thread to express my thanks for me too. I had an issue with a software that froze at a certain point when storing performances.The problem became worse. I called the hotline and without any waiting time or telefon answer machine a real expert gave me helpful advices what could have been the reason. It turned out to be a bug that may occur when you lock the cab in performance mode. Basically within 10 minuites the problem was solved and a work around was found. I was very happy about that fast and knowing help.
    So big thanks and great job! :thumbup:

I'm thinking about buying the KEMPER Bag but I would like to know if the Profiler in Rack form and the remote fit in (at the same time!) ? Do they both have fit in the big main opening oder does the remote also fit in the bigger side pocket?

Anybody who tried this out?

Thx for ur help! :)

thx very much Stefan, that is a really helpful answer though not exactly the one I hoped for. Your advice for a workaround is so far the best option though qualitiy is lost - and think not really necessariliy. You are talking about the effort to do 2 completly different calculations... well - lets come to this point:

There are anyway different signals available - depending what you take in the output menu. With or without efx oder mod or dry or with stack. There is a parallel path for the bass players even. So there must be different calulations going on to fullfill the desires of different output signals. The monitor signal which indeed has some options could be with an option to leave the stack section out. That would make indeed a new signal path necessary... yeah - I not a programmist. How much processor power this would take away ? More than the other options we are already capable of?

But call this thing monitor cab off while it is not really off is somehow misguiding. And the sound qualitiy is better when it would be really off! But ok, I will live with it :)

Guys, thx for ur help anyway! Signalchai I was working with in this particular case:

Gtr> Kemper input > direct out > Gtr preamp input > amp efx send > Kemper return > monitor out > amp efx return.

Basicallly a cool thing for me at the moment, I can use my wonderful engl steve morse preamp physically with a looop from the Kemper stomp section before the signal arrives at the stack section but I can also leave the loop away what means I dont use the engl preamp - and choose a Kemper amplifier profile instead.
    Of course I know that the valveamp in the end of the amplifying chain colours the sound anothertime but I can live with that at the moment. But I'd like to feed the main output incl. delay to the mising console additionally for recording purpose. Therefore I would like to have a cab simulation for the main output - so turned a cab on in the stack section. but the monitor output of the kemper goes to the engl postamp and cabinet - so I don't want double cabbing and turned monitor cab off in the output chain. But its still in influence of the cab button in the stack section, I don't know why, Amplifier is turned off in the stack section.

I'm just using a Mesa Boogie cab in the Stacksection in this setup + ofcourse the effects off the stomps.

If you I would do changes to the profile I'd agree with you. But I do not. i just need the cab on the main output - so I turn it on in the stack section. But turned on it changes the sound in the monitor output - not to the better. There is no reason that there is any influence there cause I even turned the amplifier off cause I'm using the preamp of my real amp as in insert with sent /return.

you write I monitor the overall output signal. But with monitor cab off in the output menu I shouldnt recognize any difference in the stack section between cab button turned on or off. Do you understand my point?

When I set Monitor cab to "off" in the output menu - I thought it wouldn't make any effect anymore if I switch the cab button in the stack area on or off while I listen to the sound that comes through my guitarbox, connected to the monitor output. But pressing the button still has an an effect on the sound and I don't understand why or what is the meaning. I thought the idea was that independent from the state in the stack the cab is generally switched off in the monitor output.
    What am I doin wrong? ?(
    Thx for any advice!