Posts by Doux

Hello Waraba,

Yes you're right, Je suis du côté de Versailles.
    Sympa de retrouver des passionnés d'une même région sur un forum international! ;)

Regarding my last tweak done on the Little Wing rig, I prefer the global result of this last rig, but I need to work more on it.
    There is something more "un je ne sais quoi" on the high ends, that I would like to find and put in the sound...something more "Clangy" and less 'Twangy"...I don't know if it's clear (as it's difficult to describe), but my ears told me to search again this "magical" creamy "Clang" on the high notes.

I will try others combinations, with cabinets etc and/or settings.
    For the last test, the Fender strat 64' has all knobs between 8-9.

humm...I really love Little Wing sound on the studio version...if I can reach to be near of it, it will be wonderful! :P8)

Very big challenge ! :D

Hi

I'm glad so many people like it ! that's demonstrate that my effort and work were benefit. ^^

I worked again on a new "Little Wing" rig today and choose another point for starting tweaking.

The amp is the same as yesterday (Bassman from Factory preset), but I also tweak the Cabinet and the EQ + the Amp gain in another way.
    ...and I use a different strat' (a Fender 64' with different pickups : always Sliders Pickups but not 68', some 64' spec' ones).

My ears are tired this evening...I need to sleep! ?(

http://soundcloud.com/krok/little-wing-tone-test2

If you like it, I will share it.

Thanks,

Yes, I didn't create the amp profiles, there are both from factory preset on the Kemper or Rig exchange community. ;)

Regarding the tweaks, I play with the EQ on the stack module (B/M/T/P (more for all), the volume (less), the gain (less)) and on the amp side with the definition (less), the pick (more) and put a slow rotary on the effects module.
    So nothing magical...I just made my own kitchen for my gears ! :D

I'm not totally satisfied with the Little Wing, I will work on more soon. :whistling:

Hi,

Thanks ! I try to do my best. :P

Anyway, it's done, I've just post both profiles on the Official Kemper Exchange site :

-> the Blues tone is named : Hendrix blues Blackf
    -> the Little Wing tone approach is named : Hendrix Little Wing

Hope you will enjoy with them. ^^

Quote from guitartone

Don't expect a Profile to give you a Hendrix sound, expect a 'user' to
    take a Profile, tweak it, and create a Hendrix 'Rig' sound.

Doux, don't disappear now, SHARE YOUR RIG

Hi,

Yes, your right, I share the same approach, as everyone have differents guitars, pickups...hands, it will be difficult to reach the same sound by only using a specific profile.

I think the better way is to use a profile (or rig) which can be nearest of the sound we are looking for and start tweaking it with our own gears (guitar etc)...and ears.
    It's exactly what I did with this test of "Hendrix Bluesy tone".
    I' started with a "Blackface" profile already installed in the Kemper (I think it was a factory profile) and tweak it till I felt it good with my playing.

Hi !

Thanks a lot at all of us for your kindly feedback! ^^
    I did not think it would be so appreciated, It's a very good motivation to continue ! 8)

I will post the profile this evening and will let you know.

The guitar used for the recording is a total custom Woodstock Hendrix strat.
    It starts with a standard Fender Japan 69' for the body, a lefty Fender CBS 69' neck, and some wonderful and awful 69' pickups re-created by Rod Mc Queen Slider (an Australian guy who restores original vintage pickups).
    Those pickups are incredible, Rod Slider makes them with those vintage feeling that can help much for the tone.

Well, i'm glad you enjoy this profile and will try to build other ones. :)

In my old archive boxes :D ...I found an old "Young Guitar : Special Steve Vai" Japanese magazine, (dated from 2002, from memory) which inside , Steve explained his gear used for some of his tracks.

For the recording of "For the love of god", Steve said he used a combination of ADA MP1 preamp with Marshall JMP Hot Rod (JMP modded by Lee Jackson and/or Jose Arredondo), with some effects like reverb (Lexicon), delay etc

If it can helps to build a profile... :)

Hi,

Sorry for my bad English, I'm French and will try to do my best.

I'm a new owner of this excellent amp box since a few days!!
    This is an incredible machine, I do not regret my choice!

Well, I under the discovering step of the Kemper and I try to record an idea which I would like to share with you.
    It's not a complete song, just a part...if it's not too bad, I will continue it.

Hope you will enjoy with it!

https://soundcloud.com/krok/grean-meanie