Posts by caveman1

not familiar with a Kodamo……

I had a FTP when it 1st came out, before the foot pedal, so way limited controll

But thinking of checking one out again. I only play live

You can plug the USB dongle directly into the Kodamo, its not a great synth for real instruments I should add though!

Kemper doesn't try to be the routing king because that isn't its DNA IMO.

If you want to count the number of tweakable parameters in Axe III Fx compared to KPA, I can assure you, the KPA isn't going to come out on top in that metric.......... But I would challenge any Axe III Fx user to a competition of getting a specific type of tone that sounds great in the least amount of time ..... any day. I would say the same for the QC.

If sophisticated efx and routing are the most valuable thing in your tone, KPA isn't the best tool to do it (although it is still a pretty darned good one). The Axe III Fx is best in this regard IMO.

I think for me and using dual output guitars the kemper gets trickier and the QC or fractal is the way to go.....guitar synth the two later are a must.

For a traditional guitarist this isn't an issue

I would say I have zero interest in 90% in most of the "deep parameters" on the fractal gear and for most who pretend they do are full of shit or going about it the wrong way.

There were some "power users" back in the day that the first thing they would do is start messing with "motor drives", impedance curves and all this shit you would never even be able to touch on an amp! Most of this only seemed to affect the sound as much as a small eq tweak would ...who in their right mind would even start messing with this shit before basic eq?

Not to mention the morons that keep going on about "the kemper eq doesn't respond like the amp does"

Well I guess every graphic eq, para eq, post editing tool/pedal is absolutely a worthless then!

Apparently these people also have tested all the hundreds of amps on the axe-fx to the real thing and the knobs respond exactly the same...yeah whatever

Hi there,

Been awhile since I used the rig manager but how does one go about editing a performance name?

I was thinking of trying to chop the name up into small abbreviations because the slots in impossible to read with my eyes.

I just think it defeats half the purpose of what the Kemper does. Plus, spending time getting that perfect mic placement takes time away from the actual production. But I get how some people still like the ol' school way of doing things.

I've got an iso cab and soon a dynamount ...I do think something gets a little lost sometimes with the digital gear vs a cranked amp (some of it would be taken out in the mix anyway low end/compressed etc)

With the dynamount I can save presets and the fredman technique gets really good tones.

I remember one of the cameron DI's being insane

It looks great, I’m glad they included colored stomps and digital scribble strips like on the Helix, but why is every Fractal floorboard a cut down unit?

The Kemper floor is the same unit (with a few minor additions on top of the pedals so it’s actually slightly better) as the rack and toaster. Same capabilities, same software.

Even with Line6 the rack and floorboard are the same.

It just seems like they’re missing a beat by doing this and it makes it feel more like an artificial means to milk the customers.

Its been like that since the AX8 , always some sort of compromise.

I'm sure if they had of straight up released a floor version of the 3 it would have sold like hotcakes

I can understand cutting down some I/O maybe on a floor version but the blocks and CPU makes zero sense

As a Kemper/QC and Fractal owner I think if I had to pick a floor based model I'd pick QC first (although I wouldn't be as secure for breakdowns as the following)

Stage and Fm9 second.....I'd probably pick the fm9 over the stage only due to the I/O and Leds for the footswitches (which are probably useless with my eyesight anyway!) but I def prefer the plug and play factor on the kemper over the fractal gear any day of the week.

I wouldn't touch the FM3 with a 10 foot pole ...its almost taking the piss they release that and the whole headphone jack fiasco then release this

Update: US support reached out to me, we have a plan now to exchange the unit for a new one. Presumably the replacement will not have the problem, so at this point I’m feeling much better about the situation.

I hope too that my comments about support interactions are taken in the spirit they were given. I deal with support system issues at my day job, so I feel I understand both sides pretty well. The main thing is that people want to feel heard, and know that the company is working to fix things. That wasn’t really my initial impression here - so I hope someone at Kemper considers that, and maybe find a way to improve that first impression for the next n00b. :)

Making the battery user replaceable would go a long way...

I *cough cough* know of someone that might have had this issue with the stage right at the start.

Battery swap is easy but you void warranty iirc, I think earlier on there was a FW release that fixed it but maybe something get messed with in the software again.

Would be nice if the battery was user servicable

I'm more interested if a song is good or not. I'm more interested in a good riff and solo that fit the song. Oh And lets not forget how important the bass is for the guitar tone.

I like songs and riffs too ....not sure what this has to do with A/Bing sounds :P

1) Do you believe you could pick out the QC, the original amp, and a KPA playing in the context of a full band?

2) Do you believe that any differences that exist between the 3 would be noticed by an audience hearing only 1 of them live?

I know there is plenty of A/B's of amps to models/profiles but would be more interesting to hear comparisons in a mix or live.

Also I wonder in a mix is the aliasing of some units becomes much less of an issue?