Posts by caveman1

Thanks for the tips but...
    Is it possible to have more details about the export of the IR ?
    Do you use a Deconvolver ? Possible to known more details please?

Thanks for the tips but...
    Is it possible to have more details about the export of the IR ?
    Do you use a Deconvolver ? Possible to known more details please?

I use the typical technique that a lot of guys use with deconvolver although I use ozone itself to cut out the nasty high end spike it seems to do after matching before I use deconvolver. I found I actually had to brick wall it past a certain frequency

check out "eq matching" on youtube there are a few demos there. some peoples high end solution differ
    the only difference is once you have hte IR you use the kemper cab maker to convert it then import that into the kemper and use it with your profile

switching the Cabinet OFF activates the cab driver.
    therefore the results won't match.

Interesting.....While very close something seemed to change when I would put the IR back in as a cab
    Where as when I did it with the axe-fx it sounded spot on (thru ozone NOT thru tone match which IMO and others I have mentioned not as accurate as ozone)
    Some of the ones I did got raved about.

Mind you on my first attempt with the kemper I would notice it off so I would import the "cab" then redo the tone match maybe 1-2 more times and thru the same process it would become more accurate
    So not sure if this negated the cab driver by doing it multiple times?!?!

I've got some matches I did on the exchange which you are more than welcome to check out that didn't seem to popular (mind you I have the one star troll that follows me profile to profile)
    In this case obviously an EMG 81 is going to get you close to the result not a fender strat and thats what brings me to this point

1.Whenever doing these tone matches whatever guitar/pickups you are using gets baked into them so they can vary widely from user to user
    2.while they can be great to play around with to your fav bands record I find thru a full system in a live setting they always lack something

I've done a bit of it.
    What you need is a profile that sounds fairly close to the recording
    record a take as close as possible to the recording with the cab OFF
    then do the usual routine with ozone to match and export and IR
    convert IR into cabmaker and import that and thats it!

when I look under free delay all i see is
    mix
    time
    ratio
    feedback
    bandwidth
    center frequency
    modulation
    ducking
    volume

where do I find both delays!?!?

yikes....hi guys did a search and for the life of me I can't seem to get a mono delay setup on the kemper :/
    I'm using the spdif out to my soundcard
    I think I picked free delay like a thread suggested but still no luck

I suggested this right at the very beginning of the footcontroller threads....it would annihilate all the opposition once and for all...boom, bang, Tyson left hook, knockout!!! :thumbup:

Imagine the KPA head/rack is the mothership.
    You're doing a gig, you quickly load a few Profiles into the footcontroller and off you go.
    However, I guess it's not that simple, because.
    Then we'd demand tone and gain controls and a few FX controls on the footcontroller, and once you're doing all that you're basically building a mini Kemper into the controller, you need a chip and memory, etc, etc.

But, I definitely see it as a future Kemper product, no doubt about that, but at least a few years away.

good suggestion ;)
    I figure you could still have the controls (the pods etc do)
    but yeah that would be nuts ...i hope they consider it!
    Then again with a software editor you could cut down some knobs etc but it would be slightly less gig friendly to change on the fly

Never been a fan of the group or the genre.

That said, from all the Metal demo's I hear from Kemper players, that's gotta be the worst tone I've ever heard.

You can blame the techies or the technology but the group deserves fault for not caring enough about their sound.

No excuse for a band THAT big to be caught with their tone pants down.

well the funny thing is they did a post bragging about some fractal guy 'tone matching' some master recordings etc etc getting the sound they wanted with their techs....lol

Agreed! I've mentioned this one also. Performed offline, what's preventing an unlimited number of models from being "premixed" into a unified patch? The ability to audition, I 'spect.

considering you can preview rigs with the upcoming rig manager from what I read that would be pretty awesome