Posts by caveman1

Hey guys

I've seen threads asking about the mixing of two profiles etc.
    Was wondering if this could possibly be done via softare in the future? (like cab mixing software etc)
    Which would result in one profile you could load into the kemper

Not as optimum as it would be in the profiler itself but thought this could be a pretty cool feature.

forgive me if this has been mentioned before ;)

"The tube guys are going to go freaking nuts; that's where the hate comes. Wait till some of the more 'tube purist' gearheads notice that there are Fractal's all over..."
    "For many of the nay-sayer tube fetishists, it'll be a BIG deal. Here in this section? More par for the course."

:whistling:8) The oracle. Wonder if it was a personal or corporate choice to delete that thread...

have you heard the guys clips?
    Any corporation with half a brain would not have that guy representing......
    takes him two weeks to build a patch with all these fancy tweaks and it still sounds like garbage

thanks for sharing the link!

Even Scott Peterson deleted his own fractal axe fx 2 + metallica add promotion grammy thread on the gear page when it was disliked...
    He started with the humble words-
    "Watch the Grammy's and you'll know.
    Look for the green screen. Word is they are running the newest beta firmware.
    Hater's gonna hate, but... damn!
    "

And then the thread went downhill...

hahah that guy blows hot air all the time
    wonder if the thread is cached

Thanks for sharing!
    Haven't heard many great diezel profiles so looking forward to these!

PS: greetings to my trusty one star rater, within 5 minutes after uploading you were able to show your hate for three profiles! Not bad, but I know you can do better! You´ll get another chance in the near future.....
    :wacko:

yeah I have a one star fan of my profiles also but I'm pretty certain who mine is lol

Also a huge thing is the EMG and also the crazy tuning he uses...like sam said 5150 and a delay and its right in the alley
    pm me OP and I'll email you the patch like I said it wasn't fantastic

I don't really miss anything (I still own both a II and ultra , I'll probably keep the ultra and sell the II eventually) and I don't touch either of them except to do profiles for people on this forum sometimes

I much prefer the spdif than usb audio (in that case the axe-fx became the sound card ....not fun!)

And I agree with what Der_JD said ....regardless of what tones you are going for you WILL have to tweak them on nearly every single update and you may never get the sound right again that you previously had...even if you do , you will have to do it all over again next FW update!

I have never played/recorded so much since I got the kemper

I don't feel like I'm missing out with an editor but I do use the everglades renamer and its a great tool!

I did one of his ultra patch but it looks like the link is down , the only thing I found with his patches is he uses outboard gear (a roland effects unit) and AFAIK he still does to this day because of a certain vibe he gets from it
    If I get a chance I'll look at his II patch and I'll upload the ultra one but without all the effects etc it didn't sound very good TBH

guess there won't be any hendrix sounding profiles...
    I remember you saying that there were no good sounding profiles on the exchange ...well its interesting to hear your results lol

That is the thing , to me the kemper EQ is very musical...much better than the axe-fx IMO!
    Many times I would make a patch and after going thru IR's there always seemed to be something that I couldn't dial in or out with just basic EQ

I think the whole 'mimic' thing is bollocks also.....you only have to look at the updates to see how many times things have been changed or 'corrected'
    I have played enough amps IRL and done side by side tests and its not close on the amps I have tried (no1 is the gain!!!!!)

to the OP I own an ultra/II and the kemper and I think the feel is way better on the kemper
    I find with good profiles on the kemper I barely have to touch anything

no ozone or anything like just the DI profile with a cab and some eq tweaks

its sounds great on the neck pickup to my ears also great for 'since I don't have you'/'godfather'/'knocking on heavens door' solos