Posts by bluzkat

Just wanted to say "hello". I just got my KPA last week, you know I'm smiling! Still finding my way around this wonderful piece of technology. :D

Just another "old fart" guitar player... I started playing in bands in 1966 (I said 'old' didn't I?) and after many years of 'living the life', I quit performing in 1981. I played many different styles through the years (Funk, Jazz, Rock, Blues), but my roots are in R&B (we used to call it "soul music") and Blues and that's where my heart is today.

A few years back I discovered recording with software, and I am still blown away by this technology. My new Kemper just sent the 'fun index' through the roof.

Glad to be here, glad to be an owner!

Well, I'm going to jump in here... first off, hello everyone!

Buying a guitar is a personal experience and whether the player buys something 'off the rack' or spends his last nickel on the ultimate 'boo-teek' custom... its their decision, good or bad, right or wrong. These endless threads about which is better are pointless (IMO), the only opinions that matter on this subject are your own. Its your guitar and you play it and only you know if its good for you.

Just for the record, I started playing in bands in 1966, and played Gibsons pretty much exclusively for over 40 years (from Melody Makers to Super 400s, mostly LP Customs)... not anymore, I sold off my last Gibson a couple of years ago (a '57 LP Jr). They served me well through the years

Today while I could pretty much afford whatever guitar I wanted, I am more than happy with my 2 Strats (American) and my 2 Teles (1 American Vintage, 1 Mexican). The moral of the story is... whatever works for me, might not work for you.

Play some guitars, make up your own mine!! You'll be glad you did.

P.S. I got my KPA last week... I'm in love! 8)