Posts by eifelpate

Hi Michael,

just bought your ADA Pack.
    Man it´s really cool. Punchy and clear - great, great 80´s style and more.
    I play through a Mesa Cab with V30 and can use your profiles right away. Just a High Cut and it´s done.
    The effects give the profiles just the right amount of 80´s vibe - just as presented in your video.
    Tested them for about two hours and didn´t get through all of them... :)

Been playing the Kemper for 3 years now - and I can say, these are really great profiles.

As good as I know me, I´ll be buying the Bogner pack soon :-))

Greetings from Kemper-Land Germany
    Chris :thumbup:

Hi Guys,
    first of all, thanks a lot for your answers! Just for information I tried different real cabs, NoName 2x12 with V30 and Greenback, Bogner 2x12 (Goldfinger Cab) with Gh12 and Greenback and at the moment Mesa 1x12 open back with V30. But I have a GH12 and a C90 lying around here to swap it in. I tried with the GH12 in the Mesa Cab first. swapped to the V30 thinking this would make the fizz go away anyhow :-)). It was better with the V30 but still not really good. Ah, and by the way - the guitars should be no problem - all high quality (CS Strat, MM Albert Lee HH and Ibanez 3120).

As far as I can resume, three things are really relevant.
    - I did not know that the V30 drops out at about 5Khz. That is really low :) Do you mean by this fact, in most cases it does make sense to drop the High Cut to about 5000 kHz when running this speaker? Maybe I try this and compensate like you said.

- I tried your Idea with the Studio EQ, "looking" for this damn frequency, where the hizz is. But it was a quick search.... I´ll try that again with more patience :)

- Last, maybe the camplifier has to do with it. It´s a 2x12 Watts Studio Camplifier as I am playing only at home.

Just to let you know, when I tried the DXR 10, it was my first setup with the kemper. Pure Cab was not available at that time. I could not really connect to the sound of FRFR. And the DXR 10 was almost to loud in the room. When I turned it down, i had it running at about 5% of it´s power. I just felt this is not a good setup. And like I said, without the PureCab it sounded to "far away" for me.

I tried a Bungenstock Mesa Mark V profile yesterday with cab on and the real guitar cab. Of course this was dull sounding, butt all the hizz was gone :) Tried to get it clearer by compensating with different parameters, but I think running with cab on and real cab is really very special in terms of tweaking. I´m still hoping getting to a solution with real cab and cab off.

So, all in all, theres a lot of tweaking to do I think. Thanks for your replies again!

This damn search for the perfect tone.... haha... I think my life will be filled with this issue for some more hours :-))))

Geeetings
    Chris

Hello Kemper Users,
    I know this in an old question. But I´ve been using the Kemper for about 2 years now. Went from active Studio Monitors (Tannoy Reveal 802) over Yamaha DXR 10 to my current setup, which is the Toaster with a Camplifier (2x25 Watts stereo) and a Mesa 1x12 cab. The Cab is loaded with a Vintage 30 (used and Made in England). I only play at home and only with the cab; amp in the room situation so to say :)

I bought a lot commercial profiles over the time (TAF, TopJimi, Guido Bungenstock, Michael Britt, Meulendyk) and tried different rigs from the exchange.

No problem with clean and overdriven sounds, they sound great! But I have a problem with crunch and distorted lead sounds. Every profile out of this section seems to have a high frequency "sizzle". I try to dial in a smooth, singing lead sound, but with enough highs to make it shine.
    To get the "sizzle" away I need to turn either the precence or the high cut so low, that all the sounds get really dull, muffled and mid heavy. (sorry for my english, I´m german) Tried different combinations of all parameters in the amps section too. Tried different speakers (G12H, C90, ...) in different cabs (Bogner 2x12) ´. Tried merged and direct profiles. Always kind of the same problem: Either dull or to much sizzle.

I read some posts, that a lot of users need to turn the high-cut really low (to about 7000-9000). That´s the same for me. I think, it´s maybe the camplifier that makes that sizzle-sound in the high frequencies....

Do you guys have similar problems while going directly in a cab and playing at home - to archive the sound from a "amp in the room"?
    I know a lot of you guys use the Kemper in stage situations. For me it´s only my private joy at home.

I am seriously thinking about buying a Mesa Mark 5:25 head instead of the Kemper...... than I would have the amp in the room ;-)))

Do you guys have any further tips?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany
    Chris

Thanks from Germany for these Profiles!
    I use the 68 with my Strat and the 74 LJ mainly with my MM Silhouette. They Sound GREAT!!

When I tested the 74 with a friend playing the keys, the great natural sound blew us away.
    After that session I can say, it has some great Satriani Sounds in it :-))