Posts by MLScola

I'm dealing with a noise issue myself, so I did some research:

Hum And Cables RFI issues

One cause of hum is audio cables picking up magnetic and electrostatic hum fields radiated by power wiring in the walls of a room.

Magnetic hum fields can couple by magnetic induction to audio cables, and Electrostatic hum fields can couple capacitively to audio cables.

Magnetic hum fields are directional and electrostatic hum fields are not.

Maybe this link will be helpful, the article covers a lot of ground:

Eliminating Troublesome Hum & Buzz Created By Electric Guitars - ProSoundWeb
    A wide range of solutions to this annoying, frequent problem that happens in the studio and on the stage. Plus, a discussion of power issues, including a…
    www.prosoundweb.com

Best of luck.

Hey Steve, Thanks for the advice. I've used DosDude's patches before. If you're careful, they work! But right now, I've got several projects on my old machine, and I can't take a chance on things going south—too much risk for me.

Good news! For me, anyway. Deleting and reinstalling a fresh copy of RM 3.3.50 seems to have cleared up the crashing issue. Maybe RM got corrupted somehow. For other Mac users out there, I'm running an old 2009 Mac Pro w/ High Sierra 10.13.6 which probably means this is the last RM version I can use unless I get a new Mac (not very likely $$$$),

After many years of stable operations, RM 3.3.5 on my Mac Pro started crashing yesterday. I have no idea why. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling today. Will report back as I work my way through this.

evh5150it, I'm pretty sure you can just go into Applications and trash the entire Rig Manager app. There is no "uninstall" program needed.

Hey Christianbad and Spottydog10,

I downloaded the Bag of Amps UL730 Kemper tones. Thanks for turning me on to them! And if they work in this Beatle reproduction track I'll report back with my impressions.

Hey waraba!

Thanks for the recommendation. I took a good look at Oraakkeli's vintage collection but I don't think I'll find a good substitute. The UL 760 has a pretty specific sound due to its hybrid solid state preamp/power tube backend. I was just hoping somebody got a chance to profile a head & cab. In the meantime, I guess it's a Dr. Robert pedal in my future.

Hello fellow Kemperites! I'm looking for Beatles "Revolver" style tones. Think "Rain" and "Dr. Robert" (yes, I know about the Dr. Robert pedal). Did a Rig Manager search for Vox UL760 profiles but no luck. I know it's a pretty rare amp but maybe one of the serious profilers might've captured one and maybe somebody here knows who might be selling those? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey OhG, saw all your posts about your "dullness" problem. I have a suggestion you might consider.

1st thing, some good news: It's not your Kemper.

2nd: One of the least expensive and high quality simple interfaces I know of is the Apogee Jam 96K USB Guitar Interface. Here in the USA you can buy 'em used all day long for around $60 plus shipping. They were made for Macs. Just plug your 1/4" guitar cable directly into the Jam and plug the Jam output into any USB port. Set your DAW to look for the Jam interface and you're done. Check out Reverb or other online music equipment sites-OR- if you prefer, for about $79 you can buy a factory refurb unit directly from Apogee (https://apogeedigital.com/products/jam/buy).

BTW, I'm not affiliatied with any manufacturer, I'm just another player. Best of luck to you!

Stellar service as far as I'm concerned. Over the years I've only had two issues, LED's on my 2013 Toaster and loose rattling components in my 1st Remote. Both issues were taken care of quickly (7-10 days) and free of charge. I find Kemper's Customer Care to be simply amazing in this day and age. Highest recommendation!

Hey Rocky!

You're singing my song now. The good news is there are tons of good Fender profiles available to you for FREE in the Rig Exchange. Of course there's some variation in Fender sounds. Me? I like the '59 Bassman 5F6-A stuff, some guys prefer the clean AB763 "Deluxe style sounds and so forth.

Some of my fave freebie Fender rigs are from LERNOULD Thierry. Just copy his name and put to in the Rig Exchange search field and you'll see his stuff. Also Micheal Britt, Amp Factory and lots of other guys make excellent Fender profiles. With a Kemper, the world is your sonic oyster! Best of luck on your tone quest.

Fun to hear and really, really close overall. After further listening I hear a touch more definition with the Kemper. This nudges the guitar slightly forward in the track (which is good in my opinion). But let's remember: asking guitarists to comment on tone is like asking medieval monks "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?".

Ain't this a fantastic time to be a guitar player?

As you have some time, I suggest getting hold of a reasonable PA - you could hire a rehearsal room with a PA in it for example.

The reason being is I think you need to hear it at volume and it will take out the uncertainty for you. You can also ensure your output ( which should be set around -12 to -18dB to avoid frying the desk) is all set up. Plus you can ensure your solo boosts and effects are set up correctly..

I think V8 is right on the money. I'd also bring a backing track to play through the system and that should give you a good context to check your tones. I'd crank it to whatever level feels like your typical stage volume. That volume will help you avoid over-brightening your tones and playing to a track should help you avoid too much low end. Best of luck!