Posts by JAC

The Mooer multifx pedals (ge150 ge200 ge250, ge300) are wothwhile options to consider. I've been lusting after a ge200 for a while now; sounds great on youtube demos. The IR loading is a big plus. I'm not sure what their pitch fx is like though.

Interesting! The FS-6 drains battery (I mean, the LED is on) when there's a cable connected, and I left it disconnected when not in use for this reason. So perhaps it was the plugging in of the TRS cable to the footswitch that triggered a spike that started the Kemper's looper.

In any event, I eventually bought a dedicated looper so I could see the bar count.

This used to happen to me with a Boss FS-6 dual footswitch connected to operate the looper. Often (always?) on kemper startup, a loop would be triggered. Using headphones, so it was a bit easier to track down :)

I use a Roland EV-5 and a Yamaha FC-7. The Yamaha has a greater range of movement, is larger, more configurable, heavier and sturdier. Both have a non-detachable cable, which may not suit. I prefer the Roland, because its range of motion feels a bit nicer to me when sitting down. It's also easier to store and transport.

Neither would be as sturdy as a Dunlop Crybaby wah, so I use them respectfully and wouldn't be jumping onto them :D

I read this before.
    However, if a vibrato adds a certain 'give' when bending a string, you still have to apply the same amount of force to get to the same pitch. Also the neighboring strings would add additional resistance since the string would need to be moved further.

That's true; there's no getting around the fact that the same guage and length of string will require the same tension to generate the same pitch. However, perhaps the sensation of looseness comes from the beginning of the bend, rather than at the target pitch.

Personally, I'm thinking more about how the strings feel against the plectrum. When attempting to pick at speed on my tele, I get a better sense of knowing where the string is under my pick at a given moment. This means I can dig in deeper. In contrast, I feel the need to "tip-toe" more when playing fast-passages on my floyd-rose guitars.

I didn't write this very clearly - what I meant was: the same set of 09s feels stiffer my Tele than on my Strat. (Fender & G&L, same scale)

I have the same experience with my Tele; I'd guess it's because of the fixed bridge.

I've been thinking of getting an Elector Harmonix 8-Step Program. Does anyone have any experience with it, specifically, using it with the Kemper as a replacement for an expression pedal? It might be cool to use it to alter the pitch, acting as an arpeggiator, and also using it with morphing to increase the delay feedback at certain times.

the simple truth of software development is, that things can change at any time. The underlying issue, in many cases, is, that the more an application comes to completion, the better you can test it. In this case, the current state is, that all features have been implemented and we keep running into little things we were not able to see before. From what I've experienced over the years, this is very normal in software development.

I'm totally happy that my last post received such a positive response and I very much appreciate that. I'll try to keep you posted on the progress from this point onwards. I don't think that "a few days" will mean "a month" but when you take into account what I wrote above, you might understand that what I write right now is entirely based on what I know right now.

This was posted shortly after the "couple of additional days" update. I don't know why people cant wrap their heads around this concept.

I'm sure the editor won't be perfect when it arrives (no software ever is), but it'll surely be in a better state than it would have been, had it been released in October.

I don’t care about the editor anymore I’m looking forward to the iOS app8o

There are way more people in general on Android devices, but I wonder how the usage figures stack up with regards to musicians in general, and current Kemper owners.

Actually, AFAIK, this is all assembly code for a DSP that has no future beyond this generation of Kemper Profiler. This is code that is basically not portable to anything.

Obviously the editor isn't written in assembly code but it's surprising that the Kemper OS binary isn't compiled from some high-level language like C.

There's some established wisdom for why software companies shouldn't draft in extra help at this stage: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…th#The_mythical_man-month

Aside from that, there's probably legal (read ownership) issues for keeping development in-house. It seems like it's taking a long time but Kemper is developing a codebase that has the potential to be used for decades (e.g. future hardware releases for other instruments). The same goes for the delays, reverbs and (hopefully) drive algorithms.

There's also a page in the System menu with a "Calibrate" button for the expression pedal; you should see a little bar corresponding to the current position of the pedal that moves when you move the pedal. It should give you some indication that the signal is being received by the Kemper. I have the same expression pedal and it works very well.

He has a Marshall endorsement, and he's promoting Yamaha's THR5 as a practice amp. There's youtube videos ( promoting his previous album) where he's playing through his Kemper at home. There's also fairly recent instagram photos where you can see a Roland micro cube and a Fender amp.

I'd speculate that, as a gear nerd, the "kemper remote buttons being too close together" was just a polite excuse for not wanting to change the way he works: i.e. building and tinkering with new pedal board configurations for each tour.

I have an ehx mono synth and a digitech freqout (on the good advice of quite a few people here) .

Stuff like an arpeggiator would also be cool but more like a diversion. For me, i dont think the earthquaker arpinator is worth the cost, although youtube videos are enticing.

Same. I don't dislike the way it's implemented but I was surprised. I don't think the way preset selection is implemented is as clear as it could be. I'd rather see type select effect type as previously had been the case and browse open a filtered list of presets relevant only to the selected effect . I'd imagine that would have been both clearer and easier to implement.

I disagree; the presets all mixed together in one menu was always a hassle, but selecting a type like wah (or something else from the end of the list) from the previous setup started to become annoying too, what with all the extra delays and reverbs. I had actually hoped that they'd use a 3 tier system that they have in place now, it's so convenient and very scalable.

You could also try updating .net framework manually if you havent already. Hey, you could even go through the win7 updates and check each update to see if its worth installing.

Theres lists of patches that contain the backported telemetry updates that you can avoid (or uninstall).

I moved off of win10 for similar reasons and I do miss the rig manager, but I find I spend more time with the profiles that i have, instead of auditioning new ones from the rig exchange.