Posts by JAC

Does everyone remember when some people would spam "Editor!!" on every youtube vid or facebook post about kemper? Unfortunately "Square-Wave Tremolo!!!" doesn't have the same ring to it, and probably wouldn't catch on. Excited to see whatever's in the pipeline, and I'm guessing that we'll see it before the end of April.

I assumed that the morphing between them was done by having 2 delays enabled and morph the values of their mix parameter, i.e.

heel --> delay1: 50% mix, delay2: 0% mix

toe --> delay1: 0%mix , delay2: 50% mix.

I have the same headphones! I have no complaints about the sound quality. One thing you can try is to post all your current settings here. Noise gate, input, output, OS version and make sure it's not something like having 'lock' enabled with a high-shift on the cabinet.

Have you tried listening to something (e.g. an mp3) via the alt input? That might help you narrow down the issue.

I had a look at the "Annoucements" forum earlier, and there was a 6 month gap between the 5.6 - 5.7 releases, back in those halcyon days of 2018.

I think it's business as usual behind the scenes. There's no over-commitment, and new features are released when they're ready. When it comes to firmware updates, we can look to some of the more popular feature requests for hints as to what may appear in version 9. As for hardware releases, that's anyone's guess.

The new features could include:

- the much-anticipated effects overhaul

- freqout-like feedback generator

- eq and filters in amp blocks

- the addition of a second morph ( since there was a consultation thread)

- syth fx

- something related to new hardware

- something totally new we could never possibly imagine!

I'm exited to see what's in store, but it's anyone's guess when it arrives.

I'm sure someone will answer about how to do this through the Rig Manager, but if you're stuck, you can store cabinet presets via the physical kemper by going to the cabinet menu (using long-press on the cabinet button) and clicking the physical "store" button.

You'll be asked whether you want to store the entire rig, or the just the cab. Then you can give it a name. I see when I store a cab, the name is pre-filled with the same name as first cab preset in the list, so you'll probably want to change that.

I switched over to Linux Mint a few years ago after buying a new laptop with Win10 preinstalled. There are alternatives for some software, and Wine can be used to run some windows apps, but I think that when I tried the Rig Manager with Wine there's an unsupported OS alert that prevents any further steps.

The things I miss the most are not being able to audition profiles easily from the Rig Exchange, and easily selecting existing rigs.

As far as windows is concerned, the user interface is a little more polished, but I don't miss it.

More tremolo options, dimension chorus, feedback generator, synth effects are requests that have been mentioned a good bit in the past, and it would be great to have such features.

As for UI improvements, I'd like the option to create categories in browse mode, and then add tags to profiles so they would appear under those categories. So you could have a particular profile appear under both 'marshall' and 'chorusey' categories, if you added those tags to it. The UI could be similar to the fx presets browser, but with 2 levels instead of 3.

The first OS8 beta was released in October of last year, so the next whole-number version might be along soon enough.

I'd recommend that you take another look at your guitar cables also. I had a cable from a well-known brand cause me hassle for ages, and only realised it a few weeks ago.

Great to hear. Sorry for the confusion. I associated "system settings" with all the settings pages accessible via the "System" button.