Posts by JAC

Hi Frankencat, version 6 of the firmware (which will hopefully be released soon) will include a new preset management user interface.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Maybe the implementation of an "Undo All"/"Redo All" would work via either spare soft-button or long-press on the undo or redo buttons.

For long-term comparisons, as the original post mentions, Id prefer to use the existing snapshots, so as to keep clear of the potential slowdown of autosaves to the profile with every setting change.

So, what are people thinking for the OS6 Beta; May, June, July? Completely pointless to speculate, I know, but the new preset management will be fantastic to have, and the other goodies will be welcome too. I'm really glad they decided on a 3-tier menu, especially with the abundance of delay effect types.

My win10 experience pushed me onto linux; the hdd seemed to be running a lot and I didn't appreciate the forced updates and, of course, the mandatory telemetry. Fortunately, I've got a little old netbook running win7 starter that handles the current version of the rig manager quite well.

The preview of the editor looks great, though, and I'm glad that the people who wanted it are getting it. I'm more interested in the preset management, so will hopefully get that firmware update before the win7-supported rig manager version gets the heave-ho.

The LED above each slot is colour-coded to hint at the type of the assigned effect. Originally, there was no need to have a light above reverb because the slot couldnt be anything other than a reverb effect in earlier firmware versions.

While I'd appreciate support for a proper operating-system that isn't very likely. I'm running Linux/FreeBSD/OpenBSD and derivatives wherever I can and those few commercial packages that are truly multi-platform are a lot more reliable when running on a real operating-system. A Linux-version of RM with editing capabilities would be a great supplement to native linux-versions of Harrison Mixbus (DAW) and Midas mixing-console-tools that I already use.

As a Linux user myself, it's somewhat disappointing to see the confirmation about the lack of interest in a rig manager for the OS. According to wikipedia though, global desktop Linux usage is running at 2% ( Mac OS is listed at 20% for comparison), which puts the situation in perspective. It seems unlikely that 2019 will be "The Year of the Linux Desktop".

Not necessarily...in other words it does mean theres a 5.8 and 5.9 to come before 6.0. You can't infer that from the version number...

It's also possible to go from 5.9 to 5.10 and above, if they so wish. There's a software versioning convention where an increase in the most significant number means a lot of changes, the 2nd number means some new improvements, and the 3rd number means bug fixes only. Of course software companies are known to skip numbers here and there for marketing reasons. Anyway, I'd say 6.0 is on the cards.

On youtube you can find a video titled: "Kemper Evolution Reverb - First Look at all 10 Presets!! - Namm 2018".

The 10 presets in the demo are: chorus. slow, bloom, strings, ice, breath, tender, formant1, formant2 and formant3.

The latest beta includes presets with the same names as the first 7, but none titled "formant". So that could lead one to speculate that there's at least one reverb type yet to be released. There's 29 new presets though, so it's also possible that they've been renamed and maybe slightly changed to fit working models. NAMM is only a week away, so we might hear more about it. If I remember correctly, the new delays were released over 2 separate updates.

Yeah, it's a shame that the preset management overhaul isn't ready yet. There's now 365 presets in total on my toaster, which is a lot to scroll through when going for a particular wah. And that's assuming that the preset management is what I think it is; i.e. limiting visible presets to the currently selected effect. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge problem; I'll just take an afternoon to sort my favourite presets to the front of the list with the name-change trick.

But hey, it's nice to finally get to try the fabled reverbs. And they sound great to me. I was itching to get a stereo reverb unit for the last 4 years but held off. I should have just got one at the time, but I guess a lot of it was good old GAS from seeing the Strymon and Boss units emerge. The legacy Kemper reverb was fine, and the new ones are excellent.

For these and more exciting thoughts, be sure to check out my memoirs, coming to a wordpress site near you soon!

from the new addendum..

To me the "reverb time and mix knobs are exclusively linked to the REV module" implies that, if you put a reverb in another module, the reverb "time" and "mix" knobs will not affect that reverb's parameters. However, those knobs should still work for the reverbs and other effects placed in the rev module (they do not).

Also, it would be logical that a reverb effect placed in the MOD module should have its parameters affected by using the MOD knobs labelled "parameter" and "intensity" (it does not).

Yep, seeing the same issues, reverb button works for long-press, but not short press, and the reverb dials don't work. Interesting that the mod dials dont work for me also, if I set a reverb in the MOD slot, but they do operate with other fx.

Also, with reverb in MOD slot:

- the MOD short-press enables and disables the reverb,.

- If the slot is disabled, the MOD dials will enable the slot, but have no affect on the parameters.

Thanks Sambrox, yeah, I've only tried the reverbs in the reverb slot, and the dials don't work for me for either the new reverbs, the spring, or even the legacy setting. If I can locate a copy of the kaos.bin for the previous beta, I might try to see if the issue persists.

So who's expecting the new reverbs to be available before the end of next week? Surely they'll have to bring something new to this year's NAMM, after not announcing anything at last year's Winter NAMM (I'm going by the Andertons interview). Or do people believe we'll be waiting several more months even after an announcement for something to drop? If they've finishing working on the preset management already, maybe they'll wait to finish the next feature, whatever that may be.

I'm optimistic about a new update happening soon, but, that said, I've been optimistic since September ?(

I’d love it if we got the ability to easily create / store effects chains.

If I'm understanding this correctly, you can already save groups of effects by long-pressing the "Stomps" or "Effects" buttons and pressing "Save", and recall saved effects groups with the Browse knob while in those screens.