Posts by HCarlH

Sorry i didnt want to come across as though I'm being difficult

I understand that part. :thumbup:

I was just stating the fact that I've never miss hit the looper button, or any other button on the remote either, come to think of it :) I was just trying to put across my experience :)

....and then you basically retracted the first part by implying since it didn't happen to you, then there is no problem. ;)

I'm sure that was not your intent, but that is the way it reads.

This is the second time I've requested an addition. (Monitor PEQ being the first) The first time, someone was quick to shoot it down since THEY have no use for it. Of course, it usually means they want one of their features added at the expense of yours. I don't think I've ever commented negatively on the requests of others on this board...and, Raoul, I KNOW your posts have been overwhelmingly positive and enjoyable to read :) . It would be nice if people (everybody, in general) would live and let live, request wise.

I'm not trying to be snarky, really. Just would like for all requests to be considered equally.

not really as I pressed the looper button because I wanted to be in looper mode, I then recorded what I wanted to loop. Next I pressed the play button and it got stuck in loop mode. So disengaging the looper mode wouldnt have helped here :)

Good for you. :thumbup:
    For others, it would be a good addition.

I don't care about stomp delays or reverb, but I don't argue that they shouldn't be added for those who do want them. :)

Can you open a support ticket and describe your setup? Actually, the only way to enable the looper should be with the button on the Remote.

THAT is the problem. That looper button gets hit by accident during the course of a gig when making quick patch changes....apparently by others besides myself as shown here. If you're home in your bedroom, it's not so much of an issue. For those of us who gig, it is.

It would be good to have a way to disable the looper function (temporarily) in the setup screen so the Remote's switch can't turn it on accidentally.

The first time, what ever I was playing looped out of sync with the rest of the band as I got dirty looks. I don't use loopers so I never read the instructions on how to operate it. It's really hard to read the labels by the switches on a dark stage.

Several times per gig the looper function gets turned on accidentally. Please add a way to disable the looper internally so I don't have to try and configure a physical device to cover the looper switch.

I primarily use the Kemper when I have very little room to set up in the band. I use my Mesa Mark V head whenever I have the room as I prefer to have the speaker cabinets at least 5+ feet away from me. I like to have enough volume to move the speakers a little. I can't do that in close quarters.

Honestly, as great as the Kemper sounds (including the stellar effects), I would use the Boogie all the time if I had the room. Since I don't, I enjoy what the Kemper provides when I use it. (I'm just not an FRFR fan....I tolerate it.)

I must have been lucky. I've gigged the remote twice (most recently last night) with no problems.
    I adjusted the contrast knob on the back of the Remote when I first hooked it up and never touched the settings in the Profiler. I have the most recent firmware in both the Profiler and Remote.

After having a slight misshap at Gig on Sat. night ( I accidently cought the looper switch with my tow while turning on an effect)
    I also fixed the problem of hitting the looper button by accident , by cutting a small black hard foam ring to slip over the button

UGH.....I did this *3 times* last night. What made it worse was I usually have little light at gigs to see the writing on the Remote. My guitar parts were repeating in the song while I was playing. Imagine the looks I got from my band members, as in "WTF??!!!". I couldn't stop it. I don't use loopers so I didn't read the instructions on it. I kept pressing the Looper button as I thought that would stop it.
    I ended up turning the Kemper off in the middle of the song and rebooting.

I wish there was a way internally to disconnect the Looper function, but I guess I'll have to try your solution.

I'm debuting the MBritt Little Walter 50 and Bogner Ecstasy profiles this Saturday night. I've never found a way to use my Telecaster with the band before having his profiles....they just work brilliantly.

Let me know how it goes on Sat. night.

Wow. Last night was the best tone I've ever had in the band with the Kemper. The Littler Walter 50 is going to be one of my top 5 profiles. It really does clean and overdrive tones well. A great profile for Americana and Tom Petty style guitar sounds. When cranked, it also does a REALLY KILLER AC/DC rhythm guitar tone (along with lead). I could gig all night with that one profile if I had to. With the Kemper I'm getting more into reducing the guitar volume for rhythm tones and wide open for leads. It's really good for that.

The Bogner Ecstasy worked great for the Bon Jovi (LOAP) It also helped that I was using Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders in the Telecaster. They can do the traditional Tele tone but have the balls for more distorted tones as well. I had replaced a DiMarzio Area-T neck and SD Vintage '54 bridge because they were just too wimpy for modern tunes (YMMV). The Vintage bridge pickup was especially weak. I had this mindset that it's better if it's vintage sounding. Only if you're playing vintage music.

Anyway, I was going back and forth with my Mesa Mark V and the Kemper. The Mark V really needs space to shine and many gigs are small areas to set up. These MBritt profiles are just FABULOUS. :thumbup: I don't miss the Mark V.
    Thank you, Michael, for the work you have done in producing these profiles. They are worth every penny.
    (BTW, I bought years ago and love the first Lonestar album with the video for No News one of my favorites.)

That's scary. I've had mine on no more that an hour at a time with no problems.....yet. I debut the Remote with the band this Saturday night.
    I guess I'll put my FCB1010 in the car for backup.

An open question: Is this display built in China or something? China used to have a problem (still do?) with bad capacitors a while back. I don't have faith in Chinese parts.

(It's ironic I'm taking a Chinese made FCB1010 as a backup.)

I think Ill start saving a bunch of different EQ settings with the same rig so I can quickly scroll through them to make the differences more obvious and quick to compare.

I'm more of a plug n play type. Tube amps with simple EQ have always been my preference. If I can't quickly dial up a tone that lets me play without "listening" to the sound of the amp I get distracted listening to the sound and not making music. I'll keep at it . If anyone has settings/rig recommendation for the CLR / KPA/ Fender Strat feel free to share!

I've had mine for 2 years and just now getting to know it more.
    Although I'll occasionally try out some free profiles in the Rig Exchange (mainly if there are clips available), I'll stick to the paid profiles. I've never been disappointed with them, they're insanely cheap compared to buying the real amp, and I'm not going to waste time auditioning a million free profiles to find a good one. The MBritt profiles are what I use 95% of the time.

In regards to tone tweaking, I have started to put the EQ Cut The Mix preset in my X slot and another one in the D Stomp slot called something like Cut The Mud E-A Strings (not the exact name, but close) on the majority of my presets and leaving them on. It really helps.

I have found that different guitars require different Performances and tones....especially between my Strats, Les Paul, and Telecaster. I'll copy a Performance and then tweak the EQ and/or dirt for the different guitars.

Make sure you create a backup when you do extensive editing and rig creation.

Very nice, Mats! :)

I'm debuting the MBritt Little Walter 50 and Bogner Ecstasy profiles this Saturday night. I've never found a way to use my Telecaster with the band before having his profiles....they just work brilliantly. ( We play Al Green, Ceelo Green, Steely Dan, Hall & Oates, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, etc.)

I have noticed most profiles being a little bassy (which is easily remedied with some EQ adjustments).
    I attribute this to the fact that I know Michael is afforded the opportunity to play quite a bit louder on his stage than I am in my corner of the room with the band. (Sigh....we don't usually get a stage.....we're told to move a couple of tables and deal with it.)
    Doesn't the low end tend to fade away the louder one gets? Maybe this is why it sounds perfect at louder volumes, yet muddier at lower volume.

It's not a concern, really. As mentioned above, it's easily fixed for my setup. Bravo, Michael! :thumbup: