Posts by HCarlH

Being the good boy I am, I followed the directions exactly....street in its own box followed by number in its own box. The delivery person is going to know what to do. I already had to reverse the month and day for my birthday which made me think twice.

Keep in mind: Headphone Out = stereo, Monitor Out = mono. Maybe that's the difference?

Monitor out is mono as is the main XLR out which I also run as mono. No difference in tone to my monitor system so it should be the same to the IEMs.

When I have stage room, I will use my Boogie every time. I can turn it up a bit and Iit's just a fuller, more natural sound. When I have NO room (the band has to set up in the corner of a room) I will use the Kemper. It supplies a great tone in situations where an amp can't be turned up.

Fortunately, I can have both tools. Variety is great!

I don't find there to be any difference?? Did you have space active on the headphone out and not the main/monitor out

No.

The headphone out is a warmer, fuller sounding output compared to the monitor out. It even sounds better when I plug the wireless ear buds into the Headphone out directly.

I don't know how others feel about IEM sound quality when using the Monitor Out or Main Out from the Kemper, but my results have always been they sound like cab emulation is off even when it's definitely on. It's a ratty sound.

I discovered a night and day difference by using the Headphone out jack to send to my Carvin EM900 unit. It gets the best monitoring sound from the Kemper IMO.

Why give up so easily? Isn't there a dedicated forum for the Eureka, too?
    There are also a few users here with good results, I ink.

Why bother when the U4K works automatically? It does what I require without hassle. More time to play....less time stressing! :thumbup:

I originally used the Eureka Prom for the Eleven Rack and it worked great.

Then, I purchased the Uno4Kemper for my new Kemper (at the time) and have been using that. When the Eureka chip was updated, I bought that to try again with the Kemper.

I bought the most recent version of the EP a couple of months ago but just tried to use it tonight. Ugh. I could not get the hang of how to use it after an hour. Yes, the cables were properly plugged in. Trying to get Favorite mode to work correctly after following the online instructions was hit and miss. I'm yanking it out.

I just ordered the latest Uno4Kemper chip and will use that from now on. It always worked flawlessly without having to do anything.

Honestly for me the other vendors are not as good as Armin and Andy, I bought a lot of other stuff, but at the end I only use profiles from Armin, Andy and some of my own.

I'm still surprised about the bad quality of the KPA-presets, I just use one preset (Soldano SLO100).

This is why the honeymoon ended very quickly for me with the KPA.

Until last night when I bought 5 amps from Armin (4 last night).

The stock KPA profiles take an incredible amount of tweaking to sound OK....they come very dark and bassy with little clarity. Armin's profiles are almost ready to gig with minimal tweaking of knobs....just a slight boost in highs and a reduction in bass and I'm ready. :thumbup:

I had the '57 Deluxe (which started my Soundside.de love affair). :D
    Last night I purchased the Diezel VH4 (which is also my favorite clean amp as well as high gain), the INCREDIBLE Marshall 1959 hand wired Plexi model (OMG :thumbup: !!!!!!), the Elmwood Modena M60, and the Marshall 50th Anniversary JTM-45 Custom (Anderton's).

Just these models cover everything I do and they sound incredible.....sweet spots galore!

Thank you, Herr Heinrich, for the quality amp profiles! :thumbup:

I have a ~$70 Mogami cable and, while it sounds great, the Planet Waves American Stage cables sound just as good to my ears and at a better price. I use two 25" cables from my pedal board to my Mark V effects loop.

The Kemper effects are all I use with it so no effects loop patching needed.

I use single coil as much as possible. The only reason I would use a humbucker is when it's the best fit for a cover song my band plays. (Bon Jovi, Bad Company, etc.)

Otherwise, I'm all about single coils! They allow more of the player's personality to come through. Humbuckers are too compressed sounding.

I use Seymour Duncan SSL-1 and SSL-5 single coils. I don't mess with Clean and Distortion settings....I have no idea how to use them or what they do.

Make certain you're not causing any clipping whatsoever in your signal path. I had the same issue and had to turn down the rig volume a lot to eliminate it. I use a Powerhead and found I like the tones out of a Beyma 12GA50 a lot, so now I usually just mic the cab and feed to my IEMs. Bonus is that the sound coming out of the speaker has a lot less clipping and allows me to crank the rig volume up to where the output LED flashes orange. After all, CK said to judge with our ears, and I love the tones from the speaker!! Rock on!

Hmmm. Never thought of that.

I know the Carvin's input controls on both the transmitter and receiver were not clipping however I run the Kemper's master output pretty high ( 8 to 10 ). Maybe the Kemper's output level was the problem.

I will have to mess around with the Monitor Output's level and separate it from the Master Output (if that is possible).

Thanks for the angle, Ucnick!

I use AKG IVM 4 InEar and Shure SE535 (sometimes Shure SE315) with the KPA. No Problems. What Headphones do u use? Might they be the problem?

Bobby, they are the stock Carvin ear plugs. Apparently, some like them so much they use them for music.
    I know I don't want to spend hundreds on ear plugs.

I tried my Carvin EM900 setup with my Kemper Profiling Amp last Friday.

The good things:
    1) I could hear VERY clearly my guitar for the first time at this restaurant. :)
    2) The clean tones were acceptable.
    3) I definitely did not need to set up a room mic....I could hear the band with no problem since we're
    practically on top of each other as it is.

The bad:
    My distorted tones were absolutely AWFUL. They were very ratty sounding and nothing how it sounded
    out
    front
    . In my ear plugs it sounded like cabinet emulation was off (or
    like plugging a guitar into a BOSS DS-1 then directly to the mixer.) BUT the emulation was definitely on for all outputs.

I'm
    going to have to use the EQ feature for the Monitor Out jack (which I
    was using to send a signal to the Carvin) and try and tame the fizzy
    tone.

Does anybody else have this problem with IEMs for the dirty tones?

I used to be able to turn individual stomps and effects on and off by simply pressing the appropriate button once. If I held it down, I would then be in edit mode for that button.

Now (and I only found out how to do this by accident....I found nothing about it in the update notes), I have to press stomp or effect button, then toggle on off with "ON/OFF" button. :(

This now takes additional steps. Multiply that by the number of effects you want to change on the spot and it's a pain in a live situation as well as at home.

Is there any way to get this back to the previous behavior of simply holding down the button to edit or tapping the knob for on and off behavior?

I am currently running the most recent PB 2.3.2.9418B