Posts by nightlight

I thought about a silicon Mac, but right now, it seems like we won't see more professional models till sometime next year.

I'll also prefer to let the technology mature and more developers to start programming for it.

Leaning towards an Intel-based Mac at the moment, my last one was with me for five years and if I get that much life out of it, I'm okay. Don't really need the latest tech, just need a solid and dependable system for recording.

What about specs? What do you guys have in your machines?

This is a relatively new song out of South Africa. 292 million views, and a viral dance too.

Just curious to know what everyone is using? The quality of the tracks on the forums are always really good, and I'm interested in knowing what everyone is using.

I've been wanting to build a new PC after I sold my iMac and was just about to put together a Ryzen 5900X system until I stumbled upon the fact that Universal Audio devices do not play well with AMD chips.

After a lot of cursing, I figured I would get a new iMac (and I am literally kicking myself for selling the old one, which was good enough).

Let me know what you're using and how it works for you. Also, feel free to post any tracks you have recorded using your machine,

Cool, I can't wait to try them out.

On the argument that it would have been better to have many differently named stomps vs one stomp that does it all, I guess both arguments have their merits and demerits.

In the end though, I guess it pays not to get caught up in semantics and just tweak with an open mind till you get a tone that might be a cross between a Klon and a TS-808, for example.

There definitely have been variations in distortion pedals over the year. Take a look at some of the tube derived Damage Control or Blackstar pedals, or even the various iterations of the tube screamer. While changing a chip might be considered a modification., the real world impact is far more than it would seem.

Powered Rack. So how would I send the cab sims to house, and not send them to my actual cab?

Just connect the speaker output to the cab and select monitor cab off in the output section. This disengaged the cab section on the monitor and speaker output, which mirror each other. Your regular outputs will carry the cab signal to the FOH using the stereo TS outputs or the XLR outs.

EDIT: Realised that during mastering, I limited the signal too hard, so a lot of rough edges are popping out. Will remaster and post the video again.

Testing the free Omega Amp Works Obsidian Lead Profile V30 SM57. You can get it for free on the Omega Amp Works website.

NOTE: my interface died last night. Watch this space.

The monitor output wouldn't power my speakers though, correct?

Is it a powered Kemper? If so, connect the speaker output to your speaker.

If it's an unpowered Kemper, you'd have to connect your monitor output to a power amp of some kind and connect that to the speaker. Otherwise you'll be unable to drive the speaker.

As others said, just tick the "Monitor Cab" setting in the output section to off in order to remove the cab sound from the signal.

I like the wahs really. You are pretty much able to dial in any sound, the level of control is incredible.

Pitch FX are also good. They don't track as fast as some other solutions, but it's fast enough that no one who's not a musician is going to complain. The transpose up to a certain point is more than sufficient to play along to tracks that are down tuned.

Yes, I know that. But there are several pages outlining earlier updates and the changes in the Kemper Announcements forum. But a whole bunch of them from Version 6 to 7 are missing. I was looking for those.

This is normal. The Kemper headphone amp is really powerful. If I plug in headphones directly, it is far louder than if I plugged my headphones into any of my interfaces.

What is the recorded signal peaking at? At maximum with -12db, you should have a pretty robust signal and have nothing to worry about.

Hi,

Since I've been away for a while, I wanted to check through the list of innovations for the Kemper from version 6 to 7.

But looking at the announcements section, first page ends at 7.08 and then the next page starts at version 6, with nothing in between, including any information on what was included in Version 7.

Could those be restored please? Looks like they were accidentally deleted or purged during a website update.

Neural has announced their distributors in various countries. I'm waiting to hear real users' opinions and especially Kemper versus QC comparisons.

I'm also confident that pre-orders will be fulfilled first, so don't fret. I guess they also gave some incentives if you were in the first batch of 1,000 orders?