Posts by nightlight

Was trying to screw around with the harmonizer for a project of mine and needless to say, I was left with egg on my face.

Hoping someone can put together a primer of sorts for noobs like me that can't get their heads around a great tool like this. I know some basic theoretical knowledge is needed and I believe I have what it takes, but I ran into a couple of issues when trying to use the pitch harmonizer effect last night.

1) Second voice: I kept changing the values hoping to have a second voice when using the effect, but only got the first voice. Any idea what the reason for this is?

2) User settings: I read about the ability to create user defined settings for the harmonizer, but couldn't find out how to do so. Some help would be appreciated.
    And I quote DonPetersen: "You can program the more common harmonic/melodic minor scales or more 'out there' stuff like symmetrical scales.
    the modes of the major scale for exsample can be accessed with the key choices.
    C ionian = D Dorian = E Phrygian = F Lydian etc.
    just set the key of the relative major and you're good to go."

I'm assuming this is just the key that he's talking about when he says programmable. Am I right or am I wrong?

3) Sitting at work, so I'm unable to test this out. Can I use my wah pedal to mess with the harmonic pitch? Early bird responses get the prize, as I mentioned, I'll try this out at home, but would love to have answers before I get back to my beloved Kemper.

Could there be something wrong with the pedal? Seems like strange behaviour if it keeps sweeping up and down. Broken pot or something? Any possibility of trying another pedal? Does the mono pedal work in other setups without a problem?

You can't really see the hook in this config. It's sort of buried inside the pedal. If you take out the hook screw and lift the pedal assembly away from the base, you will see a slot in the bottom of the box that the hook goes into. It should not just press up against the bottom. If you get the hook in the slot, it will grab the base of the box when you put the screw back in and tighten it. It will sort of clamp the box, or pedal assembly, to the base. That should solve your problem.

Thanks, DigitalBliss. This is the information I've been missing! Appreciate you taking the trouble to guide me on this! :thumbup:

Are you sure you need a stereo cable. AFAIK, those mono pedals only need a mono cable that plugs into one or the other of the expression/pedal inputs on the Kemper. Try changing the cable. The EXP output is the right connection on your FV500.

Dave, you need to let the Kemper format the USB stick, not your PC. There's an option to format the USB stick when you insert it. Plug it in after warming up your Kemper, turn on the profiles, stick in the USB stick and a bunch of options should come up on the screen. The maximum data size the Kemper can use is 3 GB, so a 4 GB stick will be perfect. I'm using a Sandisk and while it sometimes doesn't register, it's just a simple matter of taking it out and plugging it back in again.

I wonder if the non-matching serial number is an issue, but the one on the outside is just a label. Shouldn't be an issue.